Author Topic: Thomas Cook Airlines food  (Read 15127 times)

Offline thegreatboosup

Thomas Cook Airlines food
« on: June 17, 2008, 07:31:14 PM »
We are flying out with Thomas Cook Airlines next month.
The last time we went to Greece with them, we were told that the we had to pay for the inflight meals.
We decided to forego this culinery delight and took 37 cheese rolls instead.
However on the flight the hostesses were dishing out the meals willy and quite possibly nilly. The cheese rolls did not get eaten and by the time we arrived at our accomodation they had evolved into sentient lifeforms.
Anyway, to avoid another cheese roll situation, does anyone know if this is the norm with Thomas Cook - charging for meals but dishing them out to everyone anyway.

Offline sue

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Thomas Cook Airlines food
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 07:37:38 PM »
well we prebooked our meals in may but their was a few people without meal.
so i wouldnt like to say if they will give you one.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 07:52:38 PM »
When we flew back to England, recently with Thomas Cook , we elected not to have the meals. The steward had a check list and only served those people on the list.

The couple in front of us insisted they paid for a meal but were not on that list. .... After a long discussion they got one.
Personally , after some "in flight" meals I would be insisting that I'm not on the list.

But... Palmair from Bournemouth do a good one and it's in the cost of the flight together with a 20kg suitcase allowance and a 5kg hand luggage
( But that's another story/Topic sometime )

I would say you just got lucky.
You could have tried selling the cheese rolls on the beach-Make a change from Donuts

Cheers
Negg

Offline sue

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 07:57:36 PM »
you make me laugh eggy
donut man shouting come and get your cheese rolls lol

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 12:31:26 AM »
Cheese Rolls on the beach. now theres an opening for someone

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 05:16:19 PM »
Well, we are the mugs that shell out an extra £50 each year for these meals only to read on here that others never bother but still get em! This year we fly with with Air Malta and havent paid for any which you can guarantee will mean just that!

Offline sue

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 07:10:47 PM »
same here jo.
we usually book them but have been told you dont on airmalta.
i do like my little tray of food thats the start of the holiday.

Offline Baldy Barry

• Forum Fanatic
    • myspace.com
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 09:11:11 PM »
Two years ago we flew with an airline called Astreus.
We'd opted out of paying for the inflight meal's.
Anyway when the meal's came around we were offered them and told the stewardess that we hadn't paid for them.
But she just said "It's ok they're complimentary anyway", so we all got fed.
Last year we flew with Tommy Cook and once again opted for no in flight meal's.
So I'm sat with my mate and I say, "Watch this Brian, we'll get the meal anyway".
So we both flip down our tables as the stewardess reaches us and we are looking up at her with the "Shrek" cat's eyes.
Next thing she announces our names (extremely loudly) and say's "You haven't paid for a meal " and roll's on to the seat's behind us !
My mate wanted to curl up and die which just sent me into hysteric's !
Stewardess didn't laugh though.
She must have had her chuckle muscle took out !
Hope I don't burn !

Offline Timbo

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
  • Lost count of how many visits now! :)
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 09:47:33 PM »
Slightly OT, but I flew with Monarch last year, to, dare I say it?, Kos, and opted out of the inflight meals, but we got one slapped on our lap both ways! :-)
I always have a great holiday in Arillas.... I wish I could take it up professionally!

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2008, 08:12:36 AM »
We have booked with Thomson for next year(flight only) and have opted out of the meals,they wanted £10 each for something that amounts to a tray of muss that you can buy in Sainsburys or Tesco for less the £2.00,might take sandwiches though just to annoy them.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 11:28:52 AM »
I remember coming back from Crete one year, cant remember the airline..  anyway the plane was half full, so I snuck into the row behind ours & had the whole row to myself as no one was there and snuggled down for a nap...   when the trolley came round the stewardess wouldnt give me a meal unless I went back into my seat... I couldnt believe it.

I wondered if it was health and safety and on their manifesto I would have been in the wrong seat... even so I thought it was a bit silly as I went back into the empty row after.  I thought if we crashed what would it matter if I had sausage and mash plastered all over my face sitting in the wrong seat!

At least with EJ we know we wont get anything unless we pay for it there and then.  Might take my picnic hamper and flask!  LOL
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2008, 12:52:34 PM »
( - that made me laugh, BG!)

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2008, 01:55:51 PM »
Haha, yes me too, I have this vision of BG with food splattered all over her!!

Offline Timbo

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
  • Lost count of how many visits now! :)
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2008, 02:05:12 PM »
Very good BG, I nearly had Egg Mayo all over my face, laughing whilst having my lunch! :-)
I always have a great holiday in Arillas.... I wish I could take it up professionally!

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2008, 03:30:54 PM »
We are glad EJ don't have meals , now we wont have the performance of juggling our meals on one lap tray.  Mike has lost some weight for this years holiday but we still dont know whether he could fix the tray down... very embarrassing it was for him last year.  He had to have his meal off his newspaper on his lap.

I couldn't believe how small the seats were too,  surely I hadn't put on that much weight from the year before..  I was totally wedged in. If there was an ejector button there was no way I going to be separated from my seat!  This time around it should be better (both lost some weight now) and we wont have to bother with the lap tray (unless I get out my cooler bag!) lol
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Booking.com