Author Topic: Thomas Cook Airlines food  (Read 15128 times)

Offline sue

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Thomas Cook Airlines food
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2008, 04:04:11 PM »
blondegirl (sue)
we flew to tunisia end of may and there was loads of seats empty coming home so this young lad sat somewhere else and my dad and they had to  go back to their seats just to have their meals lol.
i was pleased as both ways this year the seat belt fitted i was so chuffed but must say the  meal was slopping while i was eating lol. yes youve guessed it still dosent come down fully maybe next year.

Offline garythebike

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2008, 05:08:41 PM »
we flew Thomas Cook 10 days ago and even though we didn't request or pay for meals, and despite the fact that our tickets clearly stated " no meals " they still served all of us their standard fare. Maybe we upset them somehow !

Offline graham

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2008, 07:05:28 PM »
Don't you have to hand in your cheese rolls and scotch eggs at the airport security booth? I thought they were worried that Al Quaida may have gone into the catering business every time I flew last year!
A woman has the last word in any argument, anything a man says after that is the start of a new argument!

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2008, 12:51:59 AM »
Hmm should I air dirty linen in public......

One of the many many post merger issues is that we are having problems integrating the bookings systems so all flights at the moment are being fully catered, it depends on the flight but yes there is a fair chance you will get meals without paying. Also if heavily delayed you should be given a meal.

Offline Lindypops

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2008, 01:05:52 AM »
Harold, about right. I don`t mind paying a bit for something decent, but the airlines might be taking the ----. I`m with you there.
Lindypops.

riggers

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2008, 01:19:50 AM »
I used to think the airline meals was all part of the Holiday. Phew there has been some bad ones. Since Aldo Zilli took over with Thomson meals they have been even worse.

riggers...............

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2008, 01:38:16 AM »
Well,in my opinion, they have changed over the years. Maybe not for the better, in some cases.
Lindypops.

Offline MicK-G

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2008, 11:27:21 AM »
My son, who's 12 now, insists that we have the inflight meals because he say that these are the best meals of the holiday. Personally I find that every other meal is peferable but you can't argue with kids.

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2008, 02:45:25 PM »
Just checked the flight we have booked for next year with Thomson(flight only) thank god we booked it when we did,its now gone up over £100 and the meals are £12.50 each.They are taking the mick who in their right mind would pay £12.50 for garbage,its bad enough sometimes when it was free,but the meals of late have been really bad.
Give Thomas Cook their due this year the meals on board were not to bad at all.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline biglillypicker

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2008, 05:11:08 PM »
We'll send your request to the airline, but we cannot guarantee it. Please contact the airline directly if you want to check you will receive your chosen meal       this is what was written at bottom of page when i priced holiday with thomas cook         so it looks like a lottery with meals 

Booking.com