Author Topic: Thalassa  (Read 9160 times)

Offline Paul & Denise

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
Thalassa
« on: May 23, 2008, 10:26:21 AM »
Text from my friend staying at the rainbow - "Latest news, Thalassa not open yet, family fuedin watch this space" Anyone else, who has been this year, or is there now heard anything? I hope he is mistaken.
Paul

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Thalassa
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 10:50:41 AM »
Jen and me are very sad to hear that rumour. We count Giannis, Litsa and Spiros as good friends. Will be watching this thread very closely. Let's hope it isn't true.

Phil

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 11:03:14 AM »
What will we do without our Jazz night!  It is such a popular restaurant that is a real shame.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 11:38:46 AM »
I certainly hope its open by the time we arrive next friday, we just love the place and am looking forward to seeing Yannis and Lista.
Ang

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 12:36:26 PM »
Oh my word! Thalassa is one of my firm favourite restaurants in Arillas and I do hope sincerely that they open up soon :)
Life is good ;)

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 12:43:42 PM »
When we were there we heard 2 versions, 1 from little brother who told me that it brole his heart and he would probely open it if Yanni hadn,t by the 22nd, and 1 from a good friend of our's that it was not going to open at all this season. Now I am only guessing but seeing that 22nd has now passed and it hasn't opened the over conclussion could be reached, but personly I would give it another 2 weeks and see what happens after that. Viv.

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 02:33:56 PM »
It saddens me to hear this as Thalassa was definately one of our favourites.

Offline sue

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 03:04:06 PM »
oh dear we liked it at the thallassa too
sue and ianxx

Offline Mango

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 03:05:38 PM »
OMG it is getting bad, what with Arilla Inn not being open last year and this and now Thalassa, I just love this place both for day and night.

Please please please let it be open when we get there.

Amanda

riggers

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2008, 03:28:07 PM »
I agree, what a blow.....

This was the first restaurant we ate in.

riggers...................

Offline raff

• www.ukfitshape.com
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2008, 03:58:02 PM »
Mango mentioned the Arillas Inn.  Does anyone have any info on what will happen this year?

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2008, 04:02:50 PM »
I don't think the Arilla Inn will open this year as the father died.

Maybe negg and wegg could open these two for the summer. After all, it will give them something to do......
Sandy x

Offline Marika

• Forum Fanatic
  • With love!
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2008, 04:03:16 PM »
That is very sad to hear!

Marika x x x

www.marika75.webs.com

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2008, 05:57:37 PM »
Now taking personal opinions and the owners situations out of the equation,having two prime sites on the beach front closed will not look good for new comers to arillas and especially those new forum members who may go looking for these places that we have all recommended.
It may well be that the owners of other establishments know and respect the reasons for closure and in turn will benifit from such as there will be less business dilution, however it is sad to read and to see that for what ever reasons these great places will remain closed.Yes I am dissapointed we used to like the Arilla Inn and missed it last year and now it seems that we will have to go without the Thalassa.
It will not spoil our time in paradise but it makes me think why??maybe I am too business oriantated but these sites have been there for some time and it is a great shame that they are unable to open.
Has Kosta's opened as he is I believe Yannis uncle? Ah well I shall soon find out.
Ang

Offline june

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2008, 08:21:50 PM »
We were so disappointed that the Arilla Inn was closed last year as it's always been our first night meal and we've been hoping it would have reopened this year. We also love Thalassa so fingers crossed that the problems there will be sorted and it will as lovely as ever.
Every year we wonder what changes will meet us, one year air con another a lifeguard. Let's hope this year there good ones and not more good places closing.

June

Booking.com