Author Topic: Kokinos Apartment  (Read 11917 times)

Offline peter

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Kokinos Apartment
« on: December 06, 2004, 07:03:48 PM »
Can anyone tell me where these apartments are and what quality they are and what facilities are there nearby
thanks
Peter

Offline katrin

Kokinos Apartment
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004, 10:26:10 PM »
We stayed in kokkinos, but private not with an agencies. We got really friendly with the owners, Maria and Nikos. They have a mini -market next to the apartments, they are on a small road that leads after a 10 minutes walk (maybe even less) to the beach. It's nice to walk along that road, you come across some other places before reaching the beach and many places have swimming-pools and you are welcome to go in, lay on the sunbeds or sit  in the bar and take a swim FREE!!!
You will like it there, peolple in corfu are very friendly!!!!
 :P
Katrin

Offline harold

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Kokinos Apartment
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 08:05:55 AM »
Hello Peter,
Our first visit to Arillas we stayed at the Kokkinos.The studio rooms downstairs are quiet small and were basic,also the walls seem very thin(we had a couple next door who argued untill abou 4am and we could hear it all)The apartments are upstairs and look quite large,i think there are only 2 apartments as against 4 studios.It is the quieter  :lol: side of Arillas which is a quiet resort(thats why i laughed)anyway.There are a couple of Tavernas on that road but the main part of Arillas is about a 20minute gentle stroll away(or if you do the long walk via the Tria Adelphi about 30 minutes,both very pleasant walks.No pool though the nearest is at the Makris about a 5 minute walk away or the Tria Adelphi both are Manos apartments as is the Kokkinos
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline peter

Kokinos Apartment
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 07:27:42 PM »
Hi All
Thanks for everyones response, I think they sound pretty good.  can you tell me any more about their location i.e. are they on the hill, the road past Brouklis or the beach road we have now been to Arillas a couple of times so we know the area fairly well?

Peter

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
Kokinos Apartment
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2004, 08:55:58 PM »
if you are at the Brouklis,then turn left walk up the road past the Rainbow bar past the Galini untill you get to the Tria Adelphi then turn right and past the Makris or once you pass the galini you cross stinky ditch and walk through the hotel right infront of you pass Arillas coach park then turn right 2 minutes down the land.The other  way from Dimitris is to walk down to the front turn left,cross stinky ditch and just keep walking,pass the Bardis sun and then about 5 minutes up the lane its flat here
Harold,

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
Kokinos Apartment
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2004, 01:30:44 PM »
Never noticed that stnky ditch is stinky.Heard it making a lot of noise in may,could be the mating season for the frogs.Couldn't stay at the apartments on the beach right next to it.The other year our daughter,George,said that she could see a clump of frogspawn(can't spell) it turned out to be bubble wrap.She still hasn't lived it down,mind you we do bring it up every visit.

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
Kokinos Apartment
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2004, 02:16:36 PM »
If you stand on the bridge by the Galini you will get a smell from it.I have seen the turtles,frogs and fish all in the stream.It was a roaring river the end of September.I have met people who have never seen water in ti though.
Harold,

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
Kokinos Apartment
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2004, 03:23:05 PM »
Have been told by the owners of the bardis that in winter on occasions you can't get through the beach road into the village as the water is so high.Would love to be there to see it.Norwich at the moment is cold and foggy.Not a good combination.Bypass was closed last night coz of a 23 car pile up.Glad was at home safe and sound.

Offline peter

Kokinos Apartment
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2004, 03:39:35 PM »
Hi All
Thanks for all the information we remeber the stream from last year and thought that the noise from there was taped for some bizzare reason it was only after crossing for the third or fourth time that we noticed the frogs duh! stupid or what.
looking forward to returning to Arillas in early July my eldest daughter sang at the karaoke each night so she's already started practicing
thanks again
Peter

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
Kokinos Apartment
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2004, 08:23:53 PM »
At least you didn't think they were bubble wrap!!If anyone ever meets Georgina in the summer DO mention it to her.Mind you she will throw a filthy look your way.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Kokkinos
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2004, 07:16:35 PM »
I stayed in Inas Apartments one September,  where the balcony looks out onto the stream and never noticed any smell. Perhaps it was the Retsina again. She has got good apartments there, a gas cooker and radiators and, considering they are on the front, remarkably quiet. It was straight out the front door and onto the beach.

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
Kokinos Apartment
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2004, 07:20:11 PM »
Ina showed us round the apartment and they are lovely apart from the dreadful noise at night.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Inas Apartments
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2004, 12:16:23 AM »
Thats interesting about the noise. I stayed there before the hotel next door was built. Is that where the noise was coming from because 3 years ago (approx) I never had a sleeplass night.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Error!
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2004, 12:17:26 AM »
SLEEPLASS?? - Obviously sleepless

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
Kokinos Apartment
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2004, 09:22:50 AM »
We have only ever heard the noise of hundreds of frogs calling to each other when we have been in May.At other times it is peaceful.

Booking.com