Author Topic: When is everybody going.  (Read 896843 times)

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: When is everybody going.
« Reply #2415 on: August 05, 2014, 08:50:39 AM »
Steve n Mary - Only seems "yesterday" that you were in Arillas?
Thanks for your offer and, if the supplier is "out of stock" , of any items,  I know who to turn to.

Paula
I will send you a PM and give you further details The 18th / 19th August will please these lads as that is quicker than the UK/Corfu post.

Thanks to you all.

Negg

Offline PMC

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #2416 on: August 05, 2014, 06:37:17 PM »
Hi Eggy

Just replied to your PM.

Paula

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2417 on: August 05, 2014, 06:56:53 PM »
Paula

Just off out but will be back to you later , or early morning. (Off to Sidari to hopefully win a game or 3!!)

I am sure we can find another game for a keen dart player.

Be Well
Negg

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2418 on: August 06, 2014, 03:56:49 PM »
five sleeps and counting, slightly excited :-)

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #2419 on: August 08, 2014, 01:04:53 PM »
4 weeks to go, only 3 fridays to work after today woohoo!!
Karen
x

Offline adrienne n dave

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #2420 on: August 08, 2014, 09:38:02 PM »
One more week at work then Arillas on monday the 18th.
Couldn't get excited until now as Lucy's (our daughter) paspport had not arrived
after 6 and a half weeks of waiting!!!

But it has arrived this morning and now we know we are going to Arillas - yay

instagram:  meadowfielddave

Offline PMC

« Reply #2421 on: August 09, 2014, 09:30:01 PM »
9 more sleeps. Arrive on 18th. Our daughters passport runs out 2 days after we come back! Phew.....
Looking forward to our 2nd visit with daughter, 3rd visit for me and hubs. Can't wait to be spoilt by Nikos and Angela at Mirage.

Offline june

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #2422 on: August 09, 2014, 10:20:20 PM »
I don't want to cause you unnecessary worry but is it ok if your daughters passport runs out then. I thought that you had to have six months left on it after your return. Whether the airport would check or not I don't know but thought it was better to say sooner rather than later. Fingers crossed it will be ok.

Offline claire43

« Reply #2423 on: August 09, 2014, 10:52:35 PM »
Me and hubby in less than 12 hours till take off!!!!! We booked as we left last August  and so now after waiting for 350 days,reading the forum daily it's our turn! We are so so lucky to be going again this year and we will use our time carefully and try to make time go slowly .....please!

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #2424 on: August 09, 2014, 11:36:53 PM »
I don't want to cause you unnecessary worry but is it ok if your daughters passport runs out then. I thought that you had to have six months left on it after your return. Whether the airport would check or not I don't know but thought it was better to say sooner rather than later. Fingers crossed it will be ok.

Should be OK

Passport validity
For stays of up to three months your passport should be valid for the proposed duration of your stay. You don’t need any additional period of validity on your passport beyond this.

Offline sandraandjim

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #2425 on: August 10, 2014, 10:23:12 PM »
Hi PMC, think you should check the passport validity with your travel agent, 10 years ago we were going to Spain from Belfast at Easter and at the departure desk the girl said to me that I was cutting it fine, when I asked why, she told me that had I been going a week later I wouldn't have been able to fly as there would have been less than 3 months left on my passport, as it was there was 3 months and 10 days, . I don't know whether it was just Belfast airport rules, or she may have been having a bad day or maybe a jobsworth but it was enough to scare me, so much so that I renewed my passport 6 months early this year!  As June says I believe it is now six months instead of the previous 3.  Think it would be worthwhile checking, for peace of mind anyway.  Hope all goes well and have a great holiday.

Sandra

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2426 on: August 10, 2014, 10:34:55 PM »
Kalispera Sandra and Jim too. So sad to have missed you this year. But please accept PhilnJen's very best wishes. We have shared a few Arillas moments in the flesh, but this year won't one of them. In the meantime please don't forget us, and have a ball in Arillas.

Much love and many hugs
PhilnJen

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #2427 on: August 10, 2014, 11:26:10 PM »
Returning from Greece on a passport about to expire is OK
we came back a few weeks ago and our sons passport had one week before expiry date. As long as the passport is in date it is valid.

In other parts of the world you need more time on the expiry date.

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #2428 on: August 11, 2014, 12:02:02 AM »
I should have added that my earlier post, copied below, comes from the uk gov site for guidance on foreign travel and is specific to Greece

Passport validity
For stays of up to three months your passport should be valid for the proposed duration of your stay. You don’t need any additional period of validity on your passport beyond this.

Offline PMC

« Reply #2429 on: August 11, 2014, 12:16:01 AM »
Thanks for concern all. Dai is correct. As Greece is in the EU, (and I've checked on the FCO site and with uk embassy) travel is fine on a valid passport, regardless of its validity i.e. if it ran out the day we got back then this is still fine.

Booking.com