Author Topic: Bardis Sun Hotel  (Read 39120 times)

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
Re: Bardis Sun Hotel
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2008, 12:09:06 AM »
Thanks Martin and Lisa.  The only difficult thing about going to Arillas is the Airports, I am not worried about once I get there its the journey in between, its such a bore hanging about for so long and even worse if you are delayed. The minutes are ticking by!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline june

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2009, 12:37:05 PM »
Hello

My son is interested is booking Bardis Sun Studio for himself, his wife and baby who will be 16 months when they go. Does anyone know if the apartments are suitable for a toddler, are cots available, can you use the pool at BS Hotel and also do taxi transfers have car seats for the baby.

Would be grateful for any info.

Thanks
June

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2009, 01:36:50 PM »
Many have stayed at Bardis Sun, and in all my time on the forum I have never heard a bad word about this accommodation. I can answer two points - the pools in Arillas are all open to everyone. It is just common decency to buy a drink at the bar and be sociable to the owners. We often spend a day in Mirage, Kaloudis, Anna's, Rainbow etc just chilling by the pool and enjoying the company.

As for baby seats for the transfer, book with Arillas Car Hire (Kostas or Theo Krasakis) and ask for it. No problem. You can link up on the forum, but if you want to phone, send me a PM and I will put you in touch.

best wishes
Phil

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2009, 01:51:32 PM »
Hi June!
The Bardis Sun Hotel and The Bardis Sun Studios are not connected in any way. Popy and Spiros own the Studios and Dorita and Aris own the Hotel. However there is usually quite a bit of to-ing and fro-ing between the two establishments. Dorita doesn't seem to mind Studio guests using the pool in the daytime, but not after six in the evening when the Hotel pool and the pool bar closes. Similarly when I am there I use the Studio bar and facilities in the evenings when Popy usually stays open until one or two in the morning! There is usually a good happy social gathering most nights when all the regulars get together. The bar area is separate to the accommodation buildings and is not usually noisy.
Ring Popy or Spiros on 0030 26630 51224.
Email them on bardissun@aim.com
I use the local taxi transfer ordered by Dorita. As far as I know baby seats are available on request.
Dorita and Aris are on 0030 26630 52050 or 0030 26630 51039 (B.S. Hotel). The first number is the hotel 'office' which is also a fax machine. The second number is their residence and best used to contact them in the evening about 8pm. local time.
Hope this info is helpful, P.M me if you need anything else and I will try to help.
Yammas,
Martin.

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2009, 04:49:17 PM »
Personally I would go for the hotel and ask for the three bedded rooms.They have three of these available and there is plenty of room for a cot.We had one years ago when we took our daughter,who is now nearly 21,and it was excellent.Martin has put the numbers on here and we spoke to Dorita at the hotel only a few days ago.Good luck.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2009, 11:09:52 PM »
I think the pool at the BS Hotel is better too if you have a little one only because it has wide steps leading into the pool.. Poppy & Spiros have a very nice pool but it is just a "plain square" pool which goes deep fairly quickly (well I thought so as I am a non swimmer I notice these things :-)

We used to "visit" Poppy and Spiros in the evening for a pre/post dinner drinks and to catch up on the news on the TV  - even though we have only stayed at both places once its as if we have been there forever and we bumped into people we had met on previous visits which is amazing considering how long the season is.  We liked it as its far enough from all the busy places and noise but near enough for the shops and beach.

Unfortunately we cant make it this year, with family commitments, looking after Mikes mum etc. (who is now in hospital herself!), we have booked a week in Cornwall though (right on the beach) and look forward to seeing the sunsets there (the nearest thing we could get to remind us of Arillas!).
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2009, 05:47:44 PM »

Well I'm sure you'll have a fabbie time in Cornwall Blonde Girl - right on the beach eh?
You must tell me whereabouts you're going? Christian & I are big fans & living in the west country try to get there at least 5 or 6 times a year for a spot of camping, bodyboarding etc.

I think we'll be heading off there for Easter - hope so anyway :-)

BeckyB x

Booking.com