Author Topic: Bardis Sun Hotel  (Read 39116 times)

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
Bardis Sun Hotel
« on: January 10, 2008, 11:27:24 AM »
We booked to stay here for two weeks in September.  Dorita is going solo this year.

I was a bit worried (actually all night) that we had done the right thing as there was no confirmation details or anything (and its only by recommendation and knowing the location of the hotel that has put our mind at rest). 

Anyway Dorita confirmed again to me this morning that for b & b it is 100 Euros per person p/w = todays exchange rate = £75 per week so for 400 Euros = £299 for 2.   which is very good.  It was different yesterday because of the rate changing so goodness knows what it will be in Sept.  could well be £100 sterling if you believe the newspapers!

So if anyone is interested her phone number is :  0844 972 9700 (1st no. 2p per min) + 0030 26630 51039

Between Martin-w and myself we hope we are "pioneering" Doritas bookings.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline martin-w

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
Re: Bardis Sun Hotel
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 01:04:18 PM »
Just to confirm what Blondegirl has said. The booking I made with Dorrita at £50/week is probably because of 'single' occupancy of a hotel room. I will write to her to confirm the booking. Hope the Bardis family do well this year, after the way they were treated by the Thomson organization last year.
The postal address is:
The Bardis Sun Hotel,
Arillas,
Kerkyra (Corfu),
Greece.

There is no email address as yet, or fax.
The hotel tel. no. is 0030-26630-52050.
Dorrita's home tel. no. is 0030-26630-51039.
The service 'First number' 0844-972-9700 gives you the rate of 2pence a minute day or night! If you go to their website there is a prefix for every country in the world.
All the best,
Martin.

Offline dandett

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 09:28:15 PM »
Hi , I'm dan writing from romania.
I saw your posts regarding the bardis sun hotel and the booking you made for september.
I apologize for time  i request from you but i'll be very happy if you can help me to understand better the choices  i have to buy a B&B service at this hotel.
from your remarks  i noted that you paid 200 E /person for 2 weeks something which seems to be very convenient also here in romania as the travel agencies are selling more than double this service which in my opinion is too much percentage added to their work .
So i intend to spend about 2 weeks there together with my wife and here are my questions:
do know this area of Corfu island,is it suitable for nice beaches and good swimming options?
May i call directly Doriana and talk with her in English?
Which are the payment method you used for booking the places?
You'll rent  a car i imagine directly from airport, im  i right?
I hope i was quite explicit and didn't bother you too much...
I look forward for an answer from your side
Best regards from Romania..
Dan

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 10:13:22 PM »
hi dan

Welcome to our community. This forum is about people who adore Arillas in NW Corfu. You obviously do too. You sound so tense and worried. There is none of that here in Arillas. Thats why we keep posting on it.

Yes there is a fantastic beach. Naturist at the far end but not in your face. The sea is shallow and warm and perfect for kids (like me at 55....)

You will be welcomed like a neighbour here. Just bring your family - you will never go home!

Phil

Offline dandett

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 10:57:45 PM »
Hi phil,
thanks for the support...
I just want to find a place which has something real in it, not artificial like most of "tourist vacations".
Anyway i want to anticipate some of the aspects not because i'm an organized person ( far away from that)
but because me and my wife have the 10th wedding anniversary and i want  to offer her some quiet and relaxing moments
which can fulfill the human senses nd most important have no connection with the most of artificial way we are living...
So i'll start as an observer on this forum and maybe someday i'll get the status of a full member...)) - obviously  for that i have to follow your advice and to come at least once in Arillas.
Regards,
dan

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 12:10:23 AM »
What a lovely post you just made.

Arillas has tons of real - so much it hurts. Just read Dimitris of the Brouklis Taverna, who runs this website.

We only hear rubbish about Romania. True or not?

But Arillas is not rubbish. Forget organised - we Arillas people make organised look amateurish. Just bring your lovely wife and kids here and you will never go home.

with best wishes
phil and jenny (who dictated part of this post....)

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 12:52:52 AM »
Hi Dan,

We have friends that live in Romania and have been there for nearly a year, they are enjoying it apart from the cold weather but do say it is very beautiful.

When I telephoned to make a booking with Dorita she quoted me 100 euros each person per week which I was happy with.  Apparently she wants to be paid in English Sterling but I will check with her when I phone her about two weeks before to book a taxi, I dont know about Romanian money though.  she also speaks very good english, when you call just ask for Dorita, remembering the time difference too.  I called her late morning in Greek time.  I also did send a letter to confirm the booking, so she would know our names at least.  The address is on one of the earlier postings on this topic.

You can hire a car, there is a site on this website that you can use, a car will no doubt be at the airport to pick up.  But we have booked a taxi through San Stefanos Travel before and we were met at the airport with no problems, and had an enjoyable ride to Arillas without worrying about getting lost.  That will cost us 50 euros both ways this year.  You pay when you arrive at your destination.  We do not hire a car as we like to walk and Mike doesnt like driving on holiday anymore.

The beach is lovely, very safe and sandy.  The restaurants, and there are many to choose from even though it is a little resort,  are really good.  It is very quiet, there are people that you can bump into that you will come to recognise during your holiday but you can also be on your own for quiet times.  Very nice walking in the area, some can be challenging, some easy for gentle strolls but all in all very interesting.

I think you and your wife will certainly enjoy yourselves as we all do that keep going back to Arillas and never tire of this special place.

Dont panic or worry over booking with Dorita I am sure it will all be ok.. when are you thinking of going by the way?

Sue

riggers

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2008, 01:29:06 AM »
That is " Great Post" Sue (BG).

Very Helpful. Good for you....

Offline dandett

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2008, 01:31:16 PM »
Hi all again
Phil - so what about Romania- rubbish things are anywhere around us, but i think ultimately Romania deserve from the traveler point of view the same interest as other destinations- there are a lot of variates place to go in,
things to see and to learn- i'll be happy to give some clues in the upcoming period. the most bad aspects is the
lack of good infrastructure to allow comfortable travel , so especially during the summer season is a nightmare to drive around most roads on Romania.( alternately there is plane and railroad options not at Europe's standard but functional..
The standard of life begin to rise but as in the most developments countries this is done by losing the important things which matter in life- good socialization, friendships feelings, and as always political side instead of  taking care to arrange properly the things go only to grab more and more power more and more money,
 in parallel the educational system and health system are degrading rapidly...

Sue- in Romania maybe we might say we still have the four weather seasons even if in the past years they changed evidently. In this winter we had a calm one- with average positive temperature during the days, and a few minus C degree during the night.
What's happening on summer tends to became a rule- very hot and arid summers - so trips in our mountains are recommended.

about my intentions- we intend to come to Corfu in the first 2 weeks from September ( hope the water is still warm thinking to my wife which like, for that we'll travel to Budapest as we are living in Romania in oradea near the border with Hungary so I'll have to drive 250km to reach their airport and take one low cost flight from there
I'll take in consideration what you said about hiring a car, i also consider the option to rent a car for first 3days directly from Corfu airport ( even the agency is from arillas or st stephanos)and after in another period as i understood it's worthing to visit the island and to see it's beauties.
Anyway I'll be more then glad to be advised on this problems , soon as i manage to book the flight and the accommodation.
As regarding the payments i understand that a letter of confirmation will be enough and we'll make the payment in cash- quite convenient if is so.
We did the same when booked B&B in Austria and it was fine.
So my next step will be to call Dorita and to arrange with her this aspects...

Regards,
Dan

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2008, 05:51:12 PM »
Thanks for your post Dan. The water is even warmer in September (but shallow enough for even Jen and me to get wet...)

We will be around in September, so just come over and say hello. Probably in the Coconut or Thalassa, but maybe on the beach.

Good luck
phil

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2008, 06:34:39 PM »
We are booked in the Bardis Sun Hotel from 11th September for two weeks so we shall look out for you.

Offline dandett

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2008, 10:01:32 PM »
just talked with Dorita
booked for two weeks , same price- many thanks for your help
we'll be there starting with 30 august - until 13 September , so for sure I'll have the chance to thanks directly, face to face.
I'll digest now the new situation and I'll come later with questions-- ..))
dan

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2008, 11:40:18 PM »
Hello Dan
I was very interested to read your post. Seven years ago, my daughter worked in an orphanage in Bucharest  for 6 months before she went to university and I went to visit her during this time. I loved Romania and visited some beautiful places - Brasov, Sighisoara, Cernavoda and Tulcea on the Danube. The trains were a bit antiquated but it was a fascinating trip. It's a pity my daughter is going to Arillas in July - I'm sure she would have liked to practise her Romanian with you!
You will love Arillas - hope you have a great time.
Sandy x

Offline dandett

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2008, 09:15:55 AM »
Hi Sandy,
indeed you've seen beautiful places in my country.
Also there are many others which deserve your attention-especially mountains to be walked through and old preserved places like Bucovina .
here i can say it's possible to find many similarities with the orthodox life and customs from Greece- I'll be able to compare this after my vacation there.
It's very nice perspective that one- to compare our monasteries organization from Romania with those from Corfu.
So what I'll do when arrive on Arillas beach I'll shout very loud in Romanian to see if is anyone to understand me and then we start taking with a glass of wine...)) just kidding - I'm a quiet person...

Dan

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2008, 11:51:08 AM »
well done Dan.. See you in September!

Booking.com