Author Topic: Bardis Sun Hotel  (Read 39118 times)

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
Re: Bardis Sun Hotel
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2008, 01:30:36 PM »
I have only learnt to play backgammon recently, my son taught me and we played a couple of games.  I am not sure if I would really remember the rules  now though.  Its a bit like suduko, I learnt how to do that and did that for a while but have probably forgotton how to do it. My Brain needs to be retaught all over again!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline dandett

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2008, 08:59:01 PM »
The rules in backgammon are a few , the  most important thing is how to roll the dice...
here is the real science... how to be sure that the next dice will suit perfectly to your desired movements...
So everything you haver to do is to roll, and roll .. and roll

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2008, 03:50:12 PM »
After reading the reviews about the goings on at the Arillas Bay, we are staying around the corner in the BS Hotel... does anyone know if there are any safety deposit boxes there.  If they havent can we use others elsewhere... will be a bit of a pain going elsewhere but I am thinking it might be safer.  we have never had to use them before but I am thinking better safe than sorry.

Offline martin-w

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2008, 05:59:56 PM »
Hi Blondegirl!
As you know, I was at the Bardis Sun Hotel in May. I haven't read anything about the Arillas Bay, but I can confirm that there are safety deposit boxes available from Dorita at the B.S.Hotel for a small fee. I used one when I was staying there to stow some of my camera equipment and cash/travelers cheques. They are in the pool room near the bar. Dorita is normally there between 08.00-18.00 hrs.so access is available between these times. She will issue you with a key, and she has a master key. You both have to use your keys at the same time so security is very high, and access is supervised at all times.(You are left alone to get what you need/deposit items once the box is open).
The hotel door locks too, are to a high standard and you have a 'smart' electronic tag on the keyring which you insert in a 'reader' on the wall in the hallway inside your apartment which activates the power supply and tells the rest of the system you are 'in residence'.
Hope this helps,
All the best,
Martin.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2008, 06:52:48 PM »
Martin, I hoped you would pick up this thread as I knew you would know having stayed there recently.  Many thanks for the info as it is very helpful..  You have put my mind at rest now. 

One other thing though... we arrive at Corfu airport about 10.30 p.m. (hopefully) so dont expect we shall get to Arillas until about midnight.. do you think Dorita will be there to meet us at that time?    I am going to phone her closer to the time to arrange a taxi to double check.

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2008, 07:15:38 PM »
Hi Blondegirl,
Glad I could help! You will have no worries at the B.S. Hotel. Dorita will take good care of you, hope you have a great time like me.
The Bardis family live in an apartment nearby and I am sure Dorita and or her husband Aris will be there to greet you. You can totally trust the taxi drivers she books. Its a family business father, mother and three sons.
Yammas,
Martin.   

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2008, 07:28:18 PM »
I know you are flying with EJ Blondegirl - I got to Arillas about ten past midnight. Having said that, it was gone 1am when my daughter arrived because the flight was late...but the good thing arriving on that flight is that the airport is practically empty so you don't have to wait long for bags. Not so good on the return to Gatwick though - I waited an hour for the luggage and Lauren said it was the same when she got back last night...
Sandy x

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2008, 09:18:25 PM »
Thanks Martin.... all good information which is a great help.

Sandy, I dont mind really as long as I get there, it will all sort itself out and I dont panic (having said that I havent had to yet).  We are very fortunate as we live 5 mins down the road from Gatwick, so if we are held up its not far to get home.  We just phone a family member and they come and get us (unless its too early/late) but a taxi isnt far.  I do feel sorry for people though who have a 2 hr or more journey after the flight.

This forum is such a great help for ironing out all these little problems and being aware of what could happen i.e. Amanda etc.

Offline dandett

« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2008, 10:48:35 AM »
Hi Blondegirl, just for your convenience - when i'll arrive to Corfu ( end of august ) i have the same flight schedule around 22.30 - so i simply phoned Doritta and told her about that.
She said that we'll meet somewhere at midnight in front of Graziella tavern, so i suggest before you go to talk with her and simply agree on the meeting point, as she will wait for you there.
More on that, i told her that Theo from Arillas Car will drive us there and I'm sure that if you go with Theo he will take care of you.
I hope that helps...
Dan

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2008, 10:51:29 AM »
Dan, thanks for your help... that's brilliant!

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2008, 01:05:07 PM »
When we stayed with Dorita a couple of years ago we arrived at about 11ish and the first time Aris was there to meet us and the second time Dorita was there.  I dont think it matters how late you get there they are always there to greet you. 

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2008, 04:41:05 PM »
Great thanks!  I was wondering how we would get our key etc. at that time of night.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2008, 12:38:44 PM »
Just booked our taxi with Dorita, no problems.  Have been wondering though if there is a hairdryer in the room.  I think my other questions were answered regarding a kettle, fridge... even a tv now I hear.  Getting excited now!

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2008, 02:06:57 PM »
Hi Blondegirl!
There is a kettle, large fridge, a t.v. with remote,air conditioning(at small charge), safe deposit box(also at small charge) but no hairdryer.
The taxi transfer is straightforward. When you arrive, get your luggage and go to the exit. You will find a long chrome plated barrier near the way out. If you stand near this the driver will arrive with a piece of cardboard with your name, or 'Aris, Bardis Sun' on it. He will help you to the waiting taxi and will keep you entertained with chat about the Island all the way. You should be 'home' in about an hour!
Have a great time and say 'hello' to Dorita from me. I was hoping to be back about now, but maybe end of September or October, see how things go.
All the best,
Martin.

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2008, 10:09:44 PM »
No hair dryer Sue.We got the taxi straight to the hotel and she left the key in the door for us.

Booking.com