Author Topic: Eating out in Arillas  (Read 37952 times)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Eating out in Arillas
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2008, 07:39:52 PM »
But just try the fish at Vavilas - ask for Today's medley, and you will just love it.

Phil

Offline eastie

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2008, 07:51:59 PM »
is it cod chips and mushy peas?

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2008, 07:59:55 PM »
Doubt the mushy peas but the fish will be served with very edible potatoes. You won't eat them before you are full up with gorgeous fish though. Most places do a full blown English fry-up if you want it. Jen has done it a few times. Me - I just loooove the Corfiot food. It is worth trying...

Phil

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2008, 10:01:59 PM »
Hi, eastie.  For us part of the fun is trying the local cuisine. It`s a case of `try anything once....`.    If you don`t like it after sampling it, then so be it. You won`t be dissappointed with what`s on offer.
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2008, 11:03:19 PM »
Eastie
Only English Food?  You will be surprised how good Greek food is most of it resembles English food Just ask what the dish contains you will be surprised

We have just had Stamna for dinner and we are back home now
Greek, English,  its just the way it is put together

Give it a go then post your reply when you return,
I bet it starts something like this.
Whilst in Arillas I tried the Greek food    Mmmmmmmmmmmm
Trust me try it

Offline wayne

• arillas trip 6
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2008, 01:15:55 AM »
thanx fior the info! very much luking forward ti staying at marvel , and seeing arrillas but i am old fashioned and only eat english food !
im quite the opposite i come to greece to get away from boring tasteless english food.roll out the stifado,which is rather like a beef casserole but tastier.give it a try.

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2008, 03:39:09 PM »
Me too Wino, i love trying all the different cuisines.  Italian and greek being my favourites.  I really look forward to all the mouth watering traditional greek dishes and stay right away from English food while on holiday.

We have a new greek restaruant opened up in Norwich, £15.95 for Stifado on the menu.  A pity they are not the same prices as Greece. ;)

If you like beef Eastie give them a go they are so tasty and the beef melts in your mouth.

Enjoy!!

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2008, 05:46:52 PM »
Yes you must try eastie, my fella was like you, but he tries something different every time we go to corfu and loves it.

Sharon x

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2008, 11:58:55 AM »
Try 0ne of the ferrero rocho chocolate crepes at Helens Creperie i'm sure you will like it;-)
                     Tony

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2008, 06:31:18 PM »
Can't miss the ad for it Tony

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2008, 07:24:20 PM »
saw peops eating them last month and like the film, all the ladies were saying "I'll have what she's having....." I never had room for sweet puddings etc - always so full of gorgeous traditional Greek dishes like bourdetto, bianco, stifado, sofrito, stamna, seafood, taramasalata........ need I go on? 12 pounds added to my waist. It all went there!

Phil

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2008, 12:22:24 AM »
Talkin` food? I`m there.
Lindypops.

Offline georgia

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2008, 12:14:06 AM »
Hello all, lets face it you never get a bad meal in Arillas wherever u choose to eat..I am a girl who loves to get her nosebag on! We patricularly love Vavillas, fish superb but also the meatballs are like manna from heaven like no meatballs u have ever tasted before. When we ate there a few weeks back had the best giggle as the German chap on table next to us was sporting a miners light on his head so he could see his plate better..will post a picture when I work out how!! Does anybody else buy the Greek cookbooks and herbs and spices from Alex and do Arillas meals at home..or am I the lone ranger here?! We had the most sublime grilled calves liver at Armourada and when I asked my village butcher who fatrms his own meat for calves liver last week the look on his face was a picture. ''I would not dare try to sell it darling, would get a brick through my window''. How crazy is that?!! Sorry to any veggie forum members, do not mean to offend. Had agood old Norfolk dinner of pheasant, braised red cabbage bread sauce mash and sprouts tonight..nice but may be a Stifado day tomorrow!

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2008, 01:01:50 AM »
many of us "cook Greek" here in blighty, georgia. Jen and me had stamna on Saturday (and Sunday - I awlays make too much.) The boys bought me another Greek cook-book for Christmas. I expect I'll get volume 2 this year! Apart from loving the food, it brings a bit of Arillas into our lives eating Greek. Surrounded by Marikas posters, the Arillas wallpaper on both computers, Kourtaki bottles stood in the hearth, KoumQuat in the cupboard.... sad aren't we!!

Phil

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2008, 11:23:34 AM »
I was going to order the liver at Amourada Georgia but bottled out... I should have had it I think now.

As Phil said we all seem to mess about in the kitchen with Greek food... even some recipes on here somewhere.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Booking.com