Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101961 times)

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #5160 on: July 21, 2011, 05:04:38 PM »
Welcome back, Dai!  It was good to meet you (first at Poppy's and then, more often, at Effi's...

Hopefully see you again next year.

We're back again in October (first two weeks) so there'll be a bit more cash spent then. 

Janis x

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5161 on: July 21, 2011, 05:11:04 PM »
And same from us Dai. Only spent a few minutes with yous but they were special. You love Arillas as much as we do (if that is possible) and Arillas Today is all the poorer that you aren't still here.

PhilnJen

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #5162 on: July 21, 2011, 05:13:25 PM »
Welcome back, Dai!  It was good to meet you (first at Poppy's and then, more often, at Effi's...

Hopefully see you again next year.

We're back again in October (first two weeks) so there'll be a bit more cash spent then. 

Janis x
Lucky you Janis, October will soon be here. We have no plans to return this year (at present) but hope we may be going out for Easter next year if Carol's work allows.

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #5163 on: July 21, 2011, 05:15:56 PM »
And same from us Dai. Only spent a few minutes with yous but they were special. You love Arillas as much as we do (if that is possible) and Arillas Today is all the poorer that you aren't still here.

PhilnJen

Yes it was good talking to you both again, as for Arillas being poorer without me I think there's a few who would argue with you there, LOL!
Enjoy the rest of your stay!!

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5164 on: July 22, 2011, 12:30:47 AM »
It is quite worrying all these reports about how quiet Arillas is this year. It is always strange to see all the Italians in Aug on the beach yet at night in the restaurants they are nowhere to be seen!

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #5165 on: July 22, 2011, 08:47:36 AM »
To be honest Jo i didn't notice that many German or Italians last year compared to 2008 there seemed to be quite a lot around ,i guess the state that Europe is in at the moment has hit everyone hard money wise
Lets hope things pick up in the near future Tony

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #5166 on: July 22, 2011, 10:28:57 AM »
Good to meet you Dai....have you adapted to the change in temperature yet?

Hope you and Carol make it for Easter next year.

Sandy x
Sandy x

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #5167 on: July 22, 2011, 03:13:04 PM »
Good to meet you Dai....have you adapted to the change in temperature yet?

Hope you and Carol make it for Easter next year.

Sandy x

Hi Sandy, I have just returned from the gym and spent ages in the jacquzzi and steam room getting nice and hot, but it doesn't seem the same somehow. Just listened to the forecast for the weekend and they said summer is here tomorrow with the temperature going up to 21degrees!!!!

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5168 on: July 22, 2011, 05:59:06 PM »
Arillas Today is hot and calm again. The north winds that cooled us all down a tad yesterday have subsided, and again there is not a cloud in the sky. The sea is still invigorating and lovely to watch. The beach is a totally different shape, but there are new areas of sand I have never seen before. It just means you do it differently. And many were doing just that today.

Arillas is too quiet for this time of year. It may be ideal for visitors but like the many others who care, it worries me about the future. I hope that I am wrong and everything continues to grow and develop.

Jen and I have ventured as far as Graziella from Bardis Sun (all of 100m) and loved the view of Gravia for three hours. We are so chilled we're frozen, and our Arillas Today is WHATITSALLABOUT.

Sorry no pics - I have only taken four so far.....

Phil

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #5169 on: July 23, 2011, 02:14:55 PM »
we wait in haste for more blogs and all 4 pics ,,lol..yammas

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5170 on: July 23, 2011, 03:22:01 PM »
Breaking News......
Another heatwave in progress. Mythos stocks have been doubled at Bardis Sun Studios in view of a certain guest they are suffering right now...... The lorry driver asked "are you sure you need this much????" Answers on a postcard please!

Taxi strike sees chaos that Bobby and Spiros are sorting out between them for their Bardis Studios. But I guess that there must be the same going on all over the island.

Last night saw Corfusoon, JohntheRef and PhilnJen unable to get a table at Vavilas. Probably others too. Poor ole Thomas looked distraught while he was running round like a spring-chicken on heat with so many customers.

Vinceremo and Graziella were heaving too but we managed to get a table in Graziella - the last one. Garlic prawns, totally delicious, and confirmed that it is a fabulous place to eat. As far as we know JtR got one at Effies, but we are still awaiting reports.

Where the *** did they all come from?????? Apparently the other end of the village was quiet (so we were told) but for us last night, it seemed that Arillas had exploded.

Phil

Offline Jaz

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
  • Stop War, Make Peace.
« Reply #5171 on: July 23, 2011, 05:21:53 PM »
I like the subject "Arillas Today" Eggy, its like an online newspaper.

Could we have a  .....wait for it.......News Eggsclusive every day please?
It could be called 'The Daily Egg!'

P.S I hope he wont start hacking everyones phones....... he will probably make an 'Eggsample' of all those journalists anyway.

Offline Gina

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
    • www.tickerfactory.com
« Reply #5172 on: July 23, 2011, 06:07:05 PM »
great reports cant wait to be there on monday hope the heatwave is still on

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #5173 on: July 23, 2011, 06:40:17 PM »
Breaking News......Last night saw Corfusoon, JohntheRef and PhilnJen unable to get a table at Vavilas. Probably others too. Poor ole Thomas looked distraught while he was running round like a spring-chicken on heat with so many customers.

This happened to us last August as well! So this August we will go and book ahead to avoid gigantic dissapointment :)
Life is good ;)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #5174 on: July 23, 2011, 07:53:40 PM »
Jazz RR or is it GRRRRR!

You are trawling those depths to find a post dated "August 8th 2007"
You have more spare time than I but "brownie points" thanks to percy verance
"Daily Egg?"  - More like "Arthur Daily" (Ask Mick n Jill about that one!)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phil n Jen trying to get a table at Vavillas? - We were there at 7:30 and didn't see you. ( Not all darts, donchyerknow, I take out Weggs sometimes)
Had a good evening with Eileen n Keith
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arillas Today was that sort of day where the heat was being kind an crept up , so slowly, that no one realised it was a roasting session.
(31 deg in shade at 7:45)

Took a few pics and who, as Lloyd Really Grossman, would say:-
"Wants to stay in a place like this?"

and.... In his very deep "waugh" which sound like a bad toilet cistern, would also say :-
"Who wants to walk outside their front entrance to a beach like this?"

I think that many of us will know a lovely family who will be pottering around here very soon!
Cheers
Negg

Booking.com