Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101996 times)

Karen/Colin, ger and 21 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline justlynn

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #5055 on: July 12, 2011, 02:15:16 PM »
Ditto Jo and ditto Janis!

Give my love to the Bardis family too, Phil.

lynn xx

Offline Jaz

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
  • Stop War, Make Peace.
« Reply #5056 on: July 12, 2011, 04:37:12 PM »
Yawn!

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #5057 on: July 12, 2011, 06:06:40 PM »
Yawn!

Are we keeping you awake Jaz? -
Forum posts are like a boomerang - They always come back!

Arillas Today brings many a chin being wagged, and hind legs of Donkeys in danger by being surgically removed, by me n Phil n Jen in Thallassa.
WOTTANICEAPLACEATOBEIN - WOTTACREDITTOARILLASTHEYBEE

Another hottie of an afternoon but worrying to see many spaces on the beach "up for rent". The jetty bench,however,is never empty. Weldun y'all.

We sit with 34 deg in the shade at 6 pm and I now have to make an effort to go out tonite and lose a few games of darts. The exchange rate here is close to the UK bank rate at e1.11 - Makes the drinks a twinge cheaper.

Twas a very fun time this afternoon for me but I have seen busier days in Arillas. Twill get better and August will be a "Greek Blackpool" in June.
METHINKS!

Cheers
Negg

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #5058 on: July 12, 2011, 06:21:36 PM »
:D so all is good in the world as Phil and Jen made it there!
Life is good ;)

Offline Jaz

• Stop War, Make Peace.
« Reply #5059 on: July 13, 2011, 12:39:00 AM »
Its the quietist its been on the forum for a while..................... havent got a clue why!

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #5060 on: July 13, 2011, 06:35:51 AM »
Just had an E mail from Bobby, even he says that it's red hot out there, he says he wishes we were there because the beach is very inviting.Talk about winding you up and letting go had me looking for a cheap flight but nothing going at the moment I just wish we were there all the time no matter what the weather. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Nan

« Reply #5061 on: July 13, 2011, 08:10:13 AM »
Aww bless ya Viv XX Do yo want to sneek over in my suitcase? I'm sure I could find a little corner!

I am a bit worried about how I will cope with the heat at the moment it does seem blisteringly hot. Usually not a problem for me in May or September but it's been a few years since I've visited in July or August.

It will mean very early mornings to get out and about and long lunches in the shade and then an afternoon nap with the benefit of the aircon. Evening dip in the sea will be a treat tho if it's still 30 degrees at 6 pm.

Anybody got any tips for coping with extreme heat all ideas welcome.
Lots of water for drinking?

Feet in a bucket of cold water on the balcony hehe!

Having a shower in your clothes so you drip dry and let off steam at the same time!

I am getting a BIT excited (and silly) now can you tell?

Cheers Nan x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5062 on: July 13, 2011, 12:33:42 PM »
Jaz I sympathise. Arillas is about a hell of a lot more than Phil and Jen. We are just people who try our hardest to promote it. And heavens above, right now it needs more to come and share it with us.

Janis luvver, Bobby just read me your text message.... all I can think of to say is xxx thank you

Phil

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
« Reply #5063 on: July 13, 2011, 01:16:40 PM »
Yes please Nan but I think it might cost a lot on overwieght baggage. lol. loads of Love Viv.
Bobby if Phil and Jen are about today please tell them that we are delighted that they are enjoying themselfs as much as they always do, but Im missing Phils postings on the  forum and cant wait for the detailed reports. loads of Love to all. Viv & Pete

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Jaz

• Stop War, Make Peace.
« Reply #5064 on: July 13, 2011, 01:29:16 PM »
Hi, I also sympathise because the last thing I would be doing on holiday is to be online, as , for one of the reasons I would be going away, especially to Arillas, is to get away from computers and mobile phones for a while and leave all that sort of thing behind where it belongs.
 In my opinion, and more than a few others from what I gather, it is probably only a very small minority and those that are in 'the click' that are only interested in how many plates of squid or glasses of Mythos people are having when In Arillas or who they know and have met. The rest couldnt care less!
Arillas is a lovely place for sure, but to make it public knowledge what they are doing and drinking and eating while there seems a bit strange to me....... and , as some people have done, take pictures of their food........ what the hell is that all about?
So, turn off the technology, sit back and chill and enjoy the sun, Corfu and Arillas, re-charge the batteries and forget the outside world.
Just saying how it is on the 'other' side of the fence.
Enjoy your holiday and stay safe.

Offline annemarsh

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #5065 on: July 13, 2011, 01:51:52 PM »
'Couldn't agree more about avoiding the computers and mobile phones whilst on holiday , and I have to admit to not reading posts from people who are there (- on holiday that is, I love reading the 'residents' posts) - it just makes me depressed, apart from anything else.
Having said that, I am thoroughly enjoying Ang's posts about her Corfu experiences. I think she has a fantastic way with words.

Anne

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5066 on: July 13, 2011, 01:56:35 PM »
Jaz, totally disagree with you. I absolutely LOVE the holiday reports.  It makes me even more excited to get there.  Each to their own though, and like Anne says, you have the option not to read the posts. I feel that whilst you are obviously entitled to your opinion, the 'yawn' comment was a little bit uncalled for. Knowing Phil as we do, he would have taken that a little to heart as I would have done.

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5067 on: July 13, 2011, 02:14:46 PM »
Poor Jaz, you obviously read the reports, or you wouldn't know about plates of squid or glasses of Mythos. If it wasn't for reports and photos of food etc, there wouldn't be a forum, especially when you get a one word post like "yawn".

How about posting something yourself Jaz, that isn't a question or a complaint!!!!!!!! I'm not sure if I am in the "click" or not, but I love my technology and I use it to promote Arillas, and in my opinion and more than a few others from what I gather, the photos and videos give lots of pleasure. Although some may YAWN!!!!!

Just saying how it is on the 'opposite' side of the fence.

BTW Jaz, I'm sorry about the next few months but there will be lots of videos and photos of food, wine, beer, people, signs, and posts about people I have met, and cuddled and laughed with. But then again, YOU don't have to read any of them.

Offline angiem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5068 on: July 13, 2011, 02:47:19 PM »
Now come on guys - give Jaz a break.

I don't entirely agree with him/her, but I understand his/her point of view, and as Jo says, everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Agreed, the 'yawn' post was uncalled for but everyone can be a bit rash sometimes - I know I am.

Angie

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
« Reply #5069 on: July 13, 2011, 02:55:09 PM »
Just an observasion. if it wasn't for technology I and many other may not have ever been to Arillas and there certainly wouldn't be a forum. I also agree that many people here just go away to relax and enjoy the beach, but also like to spend some of there time sittting in a local tervena with all the locals that love this forum. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Booking.com