Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101686 times)

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #4200 on: July 22, 2010, 01:26:30 PM »
Will be there too in September Paul D - perhaps we'll see each other on the North Beach.
Phil - you've posted a little about the North Beach.  For those of us who love that end of Arillas can you tell us more about the state of the beach - how much wading is needed and so on.

I agree with Paul that Neil's posts are a joy.  I'd like to add that Phil's are another joy - never quite know what he's going to say.

All the best to all Arilliacs
Pat

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4201 on: July 22, 2010, 06:39:39 PM »
Arillas Today had a lovely breeze on top of sweltering heat, still in the thirties but so comfortable in the breeze. A good day for burning without realising.

I was a little bit off this morning with a chesty cough, but by spending my Mythos tokens I have improved and raring to go now.

To answer the questions about North beach, the twice I have had time to venture there it was fine. At the very far end there were pebbles, and my rock as well (given up the bench to tourists...) Sandy will tell you that I usually crawl in behind the rock....

But after the wade, which was so easy and we are all used to, off came the kit, and large areas of sand occupied by other naturists were in evidence. There was plenty of it to be enjoyed by eveyone. It is still where I prefer to go.

But as you might have guessed, I have been all the way to the South end, and it is better than I have ever seen.

Arillas Today has a lovely beach, but maybe a different shape than some have seen before.

Phil

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #4202 on: July 22, 2010, 06:51:00 PM »
34 deg , in the shade ,at 6:30pm,  is a twinge tooooo far, methinks.

We are all being spit roasted here , without the spit, not counting the 'ole guy we saw in Corfu Town this morning!.

Lauren n Pals may be currently in hiding from Phil. Jen is a pussycat so can't say bad things about her. Phil may be practising to talk for England and I think the "Buzz" has got around Arillas. - Ear plugs or Mozzie plugs - WOTTACHOICETOMAKER!
But, and really but, bumped into these two good 'ole Glastonbury "pensioners" yesterday and chilled they were. Arillas suits them very well. = DONCHYERKNOW.
Luv em to bits and a good promotional video should be made soon with these guys as the stars! PHILLIPEE TORRANTINO ? - Has a ring to it - DONCHYERTHINK?
( I bite legs of chicken and shoot at passing Tourists who pass by Brouklis)

Anyway, a better name than being called "Chesty Cough" Sounds like someone in a low budget  Cowboy Movie!

Anyway ,a good day folks and I promise, Sandy, to keep an eye on Lauren.
( But she did have three cornettos in her hand yesterday - "Tell yer Mum!" , I said" )
Cheers
Negg

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #4203 on: July 22, 2010, 06:57:29 PM »

off came the kit,  There was plenty of it to be enjoyed by eveyone.
Phil

PHIL

ARE YOU BOASTING AGAIN?

Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4204 on: July 22, 2010, 07:15:20 PM »
Cheeky Sod!! Justloveit

Phil

Nan

« Reply #4205 on: July 22, 2010, 07:36:50 PM »
Take no notice Phil he's only jealous !!

I wish I was there to take advantage of it - I could do with a good lie down :-P ON THE BEACH ...I don't know what the world coming to you can hardly make a comment these days without it being misconstrued !!

Glad you enjoying yourselves give my love to Jen XXX

Take care of that chest !!!

Cheers Nan xx

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #4206 on: July 23, 2010, 12:30:49 PM »
Take no notice Phil he's only jealous !!

I wish I was there to take advantage of it -
Cheers Nan xx

Nan , What do you mean you can't make a comment without it being misconstrued?
Who would do a thing like that?
(You should see the ones I don't post! - This edit/delete button can produce a few funnies.)

Arillas Today?
Haven't got there yet as I have some chores/work to catch up on.
I can telll you all though that we woke to around a temp of 25 deg this a.m. at 7:30 ish.
Sitting on a dry 'n non breezy 30 deg at 12:30 ish.

Reckon the weekend will be a very busy time here.

Cheers
Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4207 on: July 23, 2010, 05:43:06 PM »
Arillas Today is still hot but the lovely strong breezes have done wonders for many who have cooked for ten days. Eggy was right - spit-roast without the spit. But for heaven's sake, 14 degrees and raining in Glastonbury. Have a guess where I'd rather be!!

Arillas is now home to many nations and bodies  and languages are piling up everywhere. Trying to get a table in Thalassa or Brouklis or Kostas on the Beach last night was hard work (but we ate a lovely meal in Thalassa with incredibly quick service.)

Donna at Marina Pool Bar celebrated birthday in the Nut last night. I can only mention the cake because Court Proceedings would follow otherwise. Someone pretending to be Cher entertained us royally well and much vodka frappe was consumed. Someone came up to Jen and asked how himself could get so high on glasses of frappe. It is the 50% vodka dearest.... Meanwhile Jen kept a demure image going (that's all it is - an image) to prevent us from being evicted. Er no, It was a brilliant party. I was reasonably well behaved, and Hannah bought us our last vodiie frappe (before I fell over....)

Arillas Today? Same as ever luvvers

Phil

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #4208 on: July 24, 2010, 10:34:50 AM »
:D loving your reports Phil!
Life is good ;)

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4209 on: July 24, 2010, 11:22:48 AM »
Me too Phil. Keep em coming!

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4210 on: July 24, 2010, 05:47:48 PM »
We want to be there too.So jealous.Thought we only had five weeks to wait,so upset its six.Glad everyone is having a great time.Mind you another week means pos 2lbs more lost.

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #4211 on: July 24, 2010, 06:35:08 PM »
Our Phil is doing and has taken the acting new "Roving Reporter's" title very well.

This one was taken at Rainbow before the second beer!

This one was taken at the Rainbow after the third!

(To the right hand side of the chair, on the tiles, you will spot Phil's liver and  Im sure those teeth belong to Richard Briers! ) - Now in in trouble avrio!

A 3 hour rabbit session was had this p.m. with the help of Mrs Jebbo and "Little Jebb0"
In between a few games of darts by moi.

A nice relaxing afternoon and "all chilled" is the name of the game.
Arillas and Guests continue to enjoy these temps of 32 deg plus and the exchange of e1.15 doesn't seem that bad compared to what Arillas has to offer.

Be warned, though, peeps! - It is due to get a little "milder" next week with temps around 24/26 deg and the possibility of a little shower or two. - Yipppeeeee.

Cheers
Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4212 on: July 24, 2010, 06:59:10 PM »
Arillas Today is HOT again, but moderated by the breeze. At least 30 degrees but felt like 40 at times.  Cannot report on the beach today unless we get time to visit it.

PhilandJen were last seen trying to put Humpty Dumpty  back together again and failing. Sorry folks but I can't resist having a poke at our adorable Eggy, with whom we spent the last couple of hours at the Bow.  Liz was there too, and has now suffered two sessions with us two. The latest bulletin is that she seems quite stable but she is not yet out of danger. I am allowed to quote her "I was just having an Arillas afternoon....."

Last night saw the best meal so far. I still can't pronounce Effi's taverna's name Efixythia? But the grilled prawns were stunning. It toppled Roula's bourdetto off my number one slot. I was smothered, I used every tissue, all of the lemon, the Mythos  but boy did I enjoy it. I apologise unreservedy to the few other customers for watching an animal eat its prey.

And then the Nut. Black Russians were there in plenty, and the singer did an amazingly good job. We kept the lovely Ingrid and Nick bored until 3am. But meanwhile JerseyBean came and said hello, along with quite a few others. Jen came back from the toilet and a girl of about 17 said to her "Is that Phil?" Her reply was classic. "No but he thinks he is....."

I daren't make a list because I will miss someone out.  So many people have been kind to us this last two weeks, and we appreciate ALL of you. If I remember anything else I will post it in due course.

Arillas Today is still here and waiting for you all to arrive.

Phil  

Offline annie

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #4213 on: July 24, 2010, 11:19:45 PM »
Phil
Sorry to miss you this year.Maybe we will meet again next year. Enjoy your last few days and soak up as many things as you can so that it will give lots of memories for the long winter months. It seems to have gone so quick.
Yammas for today and the next few days
Enjoy
Annie xx

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4214 on: July 25, 2010, 01:57:33 AM »
Annie luvver along with W(h)etty and lovely kids, your turn is just round the corner.

Arillas tonight saw Phil and Jen totally besotted by Horizon deck, after another fabulous meal at Brouklis. Needless to say it involved several Black Russians. My boss didn't turn up so I will doubtless have to find out why. But do I care? Answers on postcards should be adressed to Dimitris at Brouklis - he understands these things.

Our one visit to Horizon was fantastic.  We have tried to visit everyone and failed so we have upset everyone. It really is a hard life for us in Arillas for two flipping short weeks. But we saw Eileen outside Marina for a few minutes. Totally enjoyed that.

We were welcomed graciously and enthusiastically at Horizon, in spite of our absence so far. Sorry folks, but we leave on Monday. A disaster for us, but probably a welcome relief for many folks here who want to sleep.

love to all
Phil

Booking.com