Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101917 times)

Offline sunflower

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #4140 on: July 05, 2010, 07:45:18 PM »
Hi Jo,
You can't compare with prices in UK nor DK,
I was comparing local prices in Arillas, and as I said,
each to their own taste and choice, Ammos is just not for me,
as I don't need cherries with my wine.

Connie x

Offline Pat&Annette

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #4141 on: July 05, 2010, 09:35:02 PM »
Sunflower,
Can very well understand your point!
All on a buDget of some form, small or large!
Like to feel that we have had value for money....what a view!!
Pat and Annette

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #4142 on: July 06, 2010, 06:56:44 PM »
Whoops!

I've just come into a discussion on prices at various Tavernas.

Ammos has it's followers and, for drinkies somestimes you are paying for the veiw and the soft music and the nice-eties of life, etc
Nickos's new place is a place to be and the veiws are to die for, but you will pay more for it. What a location and a spot of land like that will cost an arm and a leg.
Each to their own -  good points made.
( My local Kafenio will charge me e1 for an ouzo and water but the only veiw I have is of the cornflakes and the vegetables on sale - Great company though! )

Anyway:-
Arillas Today
First, yesterday evening. Darts at Rainbow was a cracker of a night with Steve n Val and Colin n Cliff n Mandy n Adrian and Nye plus some of out local Winter League players
Even our favourite REF John appeared with wife Dot who, I think, was wearing his boxer shorts   ( I'll let them tell you about that )
Late finish but yours truly won the K/O and came home with a bottle of Ouzo.
(Autographed photos by postal request only)

Anyway - I digress
Arillas Today
Who wants 32 deg at 7pm, as I type? Pics are not required to show you that all are enjoying.  Arillas today is what we all want of Arillas everyday and the weather sometimes is not that important as the company and the realaxing in Tavernas.

Now..... Nominations for the new "Acting on the spot reporter"...............
Pommie has access to a laptop and could be the Indiana Jones of North Corfu.
Maybe he will take up the challenge for a while?
Cheers All
Negg

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #4143 on: July 06, 2010, 10:38:38 PM »
Discreet Neil

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #4144 on: July 06, 2010, 11:09:55 PM »
Discreet Neil

Ah John - or is it aaarrgh John. - is there a Greek word for discreet?

But , you're both here, where you want to be. - All else treated like mozzie bites on yer bum. - A small pain in the a**e but we can easily rise above it!

Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #4145 on: July 13, 2010, 06:53:26 PM »
Hmmmm ! - Nothing since July 6th? - I must be slipping!

I can report a super Arillas today with high temps but not such a high exchange.
Temps sit around 33 deg at 6:30pm and exchange sits around e1.18.

Once again, very good, to see Sea Breeze and Graziella taking a very fair shre of Arillas guests!

I can also report that Phil n Jen are here safely and currently chilling out now that they are "home" Left them at Rainbow with Ref John n Dot at about 5 pm ish.
White with smiley faces - Wotsthatallabout then John?
As Terry said , maybe you should have been a boxing Ref - But lifes too "short" !

Arillas "Busy-Ness" seems to be building and, as August approaches I think this will be a chokka block month. Judging by the lack of vacancies for August I think many folk from Athens will be around for a bit of R & R. Plus, of course the Italian Arillas lovers. Ah, the Italians, with their super duper autos, driving in the middle of the road so they don't scratch the paintwork and hoping for no rain for one reason only.
( It would make the car wet! - Open tops and they have a mini pool )
Joking only and, over the last 3 years have met many a good Italian person to spend time with. I'm just jealous as I can't afford the car or the wardrobe!.

So, beach looking good and Pommie will soon report, I'm sure, that the Arillas mud is as good as ever. ( Just splash it all over as N REE COOPER said. )

As I type the temp has risen to 33 deg in the shade - Wotsallthatabout 2.

For Phil n Jen it's an eveing meal with John n Dot and I hope that, all together, they will analyse why Holland did not win the World Cup. ( Another meal out I can't have! )
And a bigger mistaka from me calling Phil an "OLE GIT" ........
....He's 2 years younger than me - DONCHERKNOW. - Anyway , I'm fitter than 'im !)

Fun times all round people and I will take the camera soon to show you all where you can't park 'cause it's too busy and possibly get a pic of the "Fantastic Four".
(Can't promise pics of Pommie covered in mud though-He's a Linakis guest after all)

Gotta go now - Food and then a darts night beckons.

Cheers
Negg

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #4146 on: July 13, 2010, 06:58:15 PM »
Good to hear that Phil and Jen are as they should :D Cheers for the report Eggy :)
Life is good ;)

Offline keith(geezer)

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #4147 on: July 13, 2010, 09:04:55 PM »
thanks for the report eggy it keep me going roll on september

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #4148 on: July 13, 2010, 09:05:44 PM »
Another interesting report from Eggy - thanks Neil.
Not heard much about green mud this year so perhaps we are going to get the low down on it soon.
Keep up the good work.
Pat

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4149 on: July 14, 2010, 12:18:54 AM »
Another excellent report Neil, and another example of your wonderful way with words. It made me Google "Wotsallthatabout" and guess what was found first .....

Arillas Today - Welcome to Arillas Corfu

15 posts - 10 authors - Last post: 18 May
Wotsallthatabout. - The only water I want close to me has to be in an ouzo! Dramatic is the word I have for it and with the temps around 23 ...
www.arillas.com/page/option,com_smf/Itemid,146/topic.../lang,it - Cached

The search also found a list of similar words that are submitted to the Washington Post

http://wallydownundy.com/2008/02/01/witty-wonderful-way-with-words/

Here are a few examples :-) - I might use them myself ........

Cashtration (n.): The act of buying a house, which renders the subject financially impotent for an indefinite period of time.

Bozone (n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future

Foreploy: Any misrepresentation about yourself for the purpose of getting laid.

esplanade, v. to attempt an explanation while drunk

lymph
, v. to walk with a lisp

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4150 on: July 14, 2010, 01:28:37 AM »
Thanks for the report Neill, nice to know things are picking up.  Can't wait for September, Calum is practising but now has that many sets of darts he doesn't know which to use, the ones he bought over there, the set off Riggers and our friends have given him a set they got off the game show Bullseye.  Going to book for June while we are over there just so we have something to look forward to.

Love to Wendy X
Jill XXX

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4151 on: July 14, 2010, 01:54:17 AM »
Here as we are in our Arillas home, Jen and me are doing really well. I am fitter (but a lot fatter) than I ever was. Jen is ecstatic, but keeping it quiet. You should have seen her in the Marina pool or in the Nut at 2am. And the people eating in Brouklis, some of whom came up and asked "are you philandjen?" No we said. Er not ...

I got chastised by Dimitris for standing in the road smoking, persuading passers by to eat at Brouklis. "They do that in Ibiza" he said. The couple I dragged in totally enjoyed it though.

We both adore Arillas, it isn't just me. She is sleeping for England right now. In bed at Brouklis. Me? I'm posting this and drinking guess what.... I might get round to sleeping eventually.

Phil

Offline sunflower

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4152 on: July 14, 2010, 02:20:25 AM »
You will sleep like a baby, eventually, Phil !!!
Being just where you love to be.
Don't tell me you're insomniac in Arillas?!! I don't believe it!
You're just too excited after waiting for months and months to get there.

Connie x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4153 on: July 14, 2010, 02:33:57 AM »
Conniie I can sleep 4 or 14 hours. Last night it was 4. So what? When I relax, it gets up to 14. Before these two weeks are out it will be 14. When I live here the whole season, it will be somewhere in between. Right now I am at home in Arillas, awake listening to Jen breathing next to me and perfectly happy. Surely that is what life is about, or have I got it wrong.

Phil

Offline sunflower

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4154 on: July 14, 2010, 02:39:16 AM »
Ha ha Phil, you cheaky one!!!
Coniiiiiiiiiii was Ina's boys greeting to me, but thanks: it made me smile!
Enjoy your holiday and I'm sure you'll be there next year as well.

Connie x

Booking.com