Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101845 times)

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #4080 on: June 13, 2010, 08:53:32 PM »
I certainly do welcome it Eggy whether, busy,quiet,raining or sun we just love the place
PS i would prefer a bit of sun lol

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4081 on: June 14, 2010, 12:11:41 PM »
Hi Eggy,

I think I know the reason you aren't finding Nan and Barry at the Mathraki pool - I told them you're normally to be found at the Rainbow or the Nut in the afternoons, so they missed you yesterday!  Also Colin and I missed you yesterday - we were all prepared with our darts but you and Riggers had buggered off elsewhere to play!!  WHATSTHATALLABOUT ????  We ended up playing each other at Kaloudis board...

Having a glorious time anyway!  Oh, and I can definitely vouch for the Sea Breeze improving muchly - pool lovely and blue this year, and we had lovely cheese and onion jacket spuds there yesterday lunch time - only non Greek meal we had here probably!

Luv to All,

lynn xx

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #4082 on: June 14, 2010, 06:59:31 PM »
Oh Dear Our Lynn

I was in Rainbow this pm but saw no one. If you see Nan convey my A-POLE-OGIES.

Darts is on tomorrow night though. I would leave a note in Mathraki but I only remember her as Nan - Not much good for some one behind the bar.

Cheers
Negg

Offline Ivan

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #4083 on: June 14, 2010, 07:43:02 PM »
Arillas today? 32*C this afternoon and hazy with it though there was a cooling breeze at lunchtime on the beach. Still 26*C inside and hotter ouside, what a lovely day.
                                                       Ivan

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4084 on: June 14, 2010, 10:18:42 PM »
Neill we want to be there for the darts, fancy telling Calum all about it when he won't even be there ha ha.

Wait till September!

Jill X
Jill XXX

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #4085 on: June 16, 2010, 07:52:48 PM »
Jill
Poor Calum - He could have won it as well! - Patience and.... maybe next time.
He's a super lad a and a great asset to you and Mick.

Finally found Nan n Barry and Steve n Lisa and darts enjoyed by all, last night.
Well done Lisa who beat hubbie Steve int final.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So..... Our Arillas Today.
Starts at 5a.m. when Wegg woke up to break up a cat fight on the balcony.It was 27 deg outside then and it got better - Or worse depending how you look at it.
( No worries on the cat fight - Homer only protecting his territory-Megg hides away )

A bit of wood varnishing and gardening for a coupla hours ( 10a.m to midday ) then plans in force to make a few visits. Weggs sleeps in the PM. Greek time she does well!

First visit to Night Owl where a large Amstel was enjoyed and a little chat with German and English guests. ( Football did come into the conversation! - WHY? )
Then a quick visit to Ivan n Avril who continue to chill in week number 2.
Food planned for a night out afore they go.

Then,a quick visit to Rainbow where Kevin G magically appeared on his 25cc lawnmower. ( Or is it a scooter?) Ouzos and a natter in order and, between us, we put the World to rights. Well, we tried but, two drinks later Kevin said,sod it, and vanished into the deep blue yonder puffing smoke as he went,
( It came from the back end so I hope it was the exhaust! )

I took a look at the beach and, once again, it is regaining control, from the sea, all of those lovely sandy bits that we all love. A very busy "Sea Front"

But.. No time to lose..Three W's calling. Where is Colin and Lynn and Riggers n Sue.  All in hiding from this neighbour from hell

Colin has dun a wobbly with his back. Teach him to jump from Greek wardrobes with a "Courgette Man" costume on. ( And why not - He's on Holiday! )
Courgette man will be appearing soon, on the Forum folks, thanks to Lynn.

So....Of to Agious Stephanos to enjoy a beer with Xrisanthos and Margueritta and a few games of darts.
Home beckons at 5pm and another coat of varnish beckons from a very nice kitchen storage unit I am making.
Bit o footie first and unwind with a small dram than a bit o varnish. -Gottabedun.

Now, at 7:55 pm and a 33 deg shaded temp I bid you all - Tara chucks!
( Bit o Liverpuddlian there - I do accents well , Donchyerknow )

Sandy here Avrio, with Michelle, so fresh ears very soon to bend.

A very stressful day but this 'ole brain and body does his best.
( And ... You thought it was fun living here! )
Cheers
Negg

ps - There is no PS as my glass is now empty! - Priorities n all dat.

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #4086 on: June 16, 2010, 09:54:18 PM »
Sandy here Avrio, with Michelle, so fresh ears very soon to bend.

Send my greetings to the lovely ladies Eggy :D Happy nattering!
Life is good ;)

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #4087 on: June 16, 2010, 10:42:20 PM »
I bet Michelle wishes she was coming tomorrow Eggy....but actually I'm on me tod for the first week (Michelle is in Spain for a hen night this weekend - not in Arillas till August).  Angie is joining me the second week, and then an old school friend with her 3 year old grandson after that (not sure how I will cope with this. If Eileen were there I could lend him to her.....).

Still haven't packed but plenty of time....leaving at 1am....hoping Lauren may stay awake long enough to drive me to the coach station.

Varnishing kitchen storage units, eh? ....should I be getting excited?!

Well, I am anyway.....see you soon Eggy.....and everyone else on 8 July. Bye for now!
Sandy x

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #4088 on: June 16, 2010, 10:59:22 PM »
Ha ha and I would take him in a minute Sandy...you know me...mother hen!

Ask Egg'n'Weggs to bring up a supply of toys...fortunately they are predominantly boys toys...as you might have already guessed!

Have a wonderful holiday...will miss you and more sorry that I'll miss you in Arillas.

Love,

Eileen.xxxxxxx

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #4089 on: June 16, 2010, 11:04:03 PM »
Sandy
Bugger! - Got it wrong again. - I'll let you break it to teh Rainbow Lads.
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #4090 on: June 20, 2010, 06:40:21 PM »
It's one of those very sad "Arillas Today's"

The day started slowly with much thunder and a twinge of lightnening. Not a prob!
Moved to temps of 27/28 deg and very respectable.

The sad bit?? - Saying goodbye to John n Sue ( Riggers ) and Colin n Lynn at the Rainbow this afternoon. They all go home tomorrow. - Bugger!
I will miss these guys !
Add this to Ivan n Avril , who we said our good byes to last night and Mavis n Robin who we saw on Saturday, and who also leave tomorrow.( Bugger Mavis not nuff time!)

Very hard,sometimes living here, as I see all my pals for these very short periods and then lose them again. (Financially helpless to get out every night-Not enough euros!)

We know they will all be back and we will squeeze in a few days without imposing on their holidays too much, but it's always sad to see ya go!

We do have, however, Sandy, Jebbo, KG, Babs n Kay and Ann n Barry here plus Coniie n others who I have yet to find. - Look out you lot!
Poor Connie - I am trying so hard to appear at Horizon but work alwyas intervenes.
M & M have already been found at Tria Adelphia and are now in hiding!

All you guys input a major part to my and Weggs Summer here and I feel guilty as hell by missing anyone.
Equally , It's your hols so appointments are not reqd. - Next time eh?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now... I am trying to cut down my smoking. What helps? ------
Beleive it or not it's aniseed balls!
So Forget any more Jelly Babies and Jelly beans - Who can bring me ANNISEED BALLS!
It's a lot healthier folks!

Phil n Jen. Aniseed balls instead of Vodka Frappe in the morning will extend your years to visit Arillas.

Can I rabbit on any more?
Maybe.
It's 20th June and it's a good summer which is improving day by day. I babble, know, but I can be allowed this having said farewell to so many pals in a short space of time.
I think Dave n Anne are here soon as are others. I promise not to be a leeech but equally I'm sure you may be in for many chats if I find you.

Be Well All
Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4091 on: June 20, 2010, 07:05:03 PM »
So it's a forum Arillas Today. And Tomorrow as well it seems. Don't know how you cope Eggy. We started to work out who we'll meet in three weeks time, and gave up. We'll just go with the flow. Lists never work out - you always leave something off.

Our wonderful community is so full of surprises, and we already know we will be surprised again. Last year it was Marika in Alex supermarket. We blocked the way out for ages. Not all were totally amused though....

We will arrive at 1am on 13th, and will be in the Nut at ten past. Should have been 1pm on 12th, in which case it would have been Marina pool bar and Thalassa then.... oh well. We will both be trying to do everything at once when we arrive, but will rapidly slow into our usual laid back approach.

Just can't b****y wait.
Phil

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4092 on: June 20, 2010, 09:50:19 PM »
We all know you can't wait, Phil - but our Arillas will be there waiting for you.  You and Jen will have the best time ever!

Love
Janis x x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4093 on: June 20, 2010, 11:17:55 PM »
Ah Janis.
but our Arillas will be there waiting for you.
Let's hope Jen and me do it justice. Two weeks is such a short time. justlynn, riggers and many others are spending their last few hours there for this year. Life's a bitch. And then you have to leave Arillas.... to quote the poet, AAAAAARRRRGH! You see I'm already worrying about 26th July. But I'll still have the likes of yous to keep me going on the forum.

love, Phil

Offline simo

« Reply #4094 on: June 21, 2010, 11:56:56 AM »
hi fellow Arillas Fans,
                                We have been home a week after 10 days in Arillas , staying at Alex's seafront apartments, a must stay for the views alone. While we we there Yannis, who runs the supermarket on the way to Annas pool was taken to hospital with a dodgy ticker we think. Anyone know hows he's doing ?
                               For anyone who is not aware he is the dad of george from the bar on the front and rula and angella who run the beach beds.

cheers , Chris.

" LIFE IS WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU WHILE YOU ARE BUSY MAKING OTHER PLANS"

Booking.com