Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101368 times)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #3360 on: October 11, 2009, 07:05:28 PM »
Have you reversed the scores John mate? My news was that Arillas won 2-1. I'll have to go and get the champagne back out of the fridge.... justglad I hadn't drunk it yet!!

Have a great last day dears - WISH WE WERE ALL THERE

Phil

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #3361 on: October 11, 2009, 09:20:00 PM »
Life is good ;)

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3362 on: October 12, 2009, 12:11:18 PM »
And we wish you were all here too, Phil and Erja and everybody........

Well, what can I say?  Weather has been gorgeous for our first three days with the temperature at around 28 degrees.  A MASSIVE storm last night though, which Arillas is still just recovering from, hence me staying longer online at Kaloudis.  Patchy sun at the moment, and the forecast for today and tomorrow not so good, but hey, we are in Arillas!

Neill, I must have misheard riggers the night before last, and went to meet you all at the Rainbow at 3.00 for darts, only to later discover you had been at our resort!! DOH!!!  But nevermind will catch up with you soon, no doubt.  And Colin and I had a practice - I won the first game with a double 9 and he won the next with a double 16.

Phil, it just had to be done!  I took your advice and asked Hannah in the Nut for a vodka frappe a la Phil and Jen.  She no doubt now thinks I am as mad as you 2, but what the heck, I knew that anyway!  She gave Colin an ouzo and lemon, and said, "for you, a NORMAL drink!" then went off to fix the frappe.  And I simply LOVED it, which she smiled and gently shook her head at!  Don't you just love her?!
The only problem here is that now Colin is horrified at being thought of as normal, so no doubt he will be asking for a vodka frappe tonight!

Sad to be waving John and Sue (Mr. & Mrs. Riggers) off this morning, and sorry we didn't meet up with John and Dot any more.......  BUT looking forward to seeing Viv and Pete and Nan who arrive today, and maybe even Beachlover if he recognises us......... AND Martin is STILL out there somewhere.....

Think that's it for now, just going off for a stroll, provided it stays dry.

Yammas,
lynn xx

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #3363 on: October 12, 2009, 10:43:09 PM »
Storm Lynn
What storm? I must have had someone put something in my diet coke never heard a thing, Dot was woken by it though.

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #3364 on: October 13, 2009, 07:56:54 AM »
Yassoo  Lynn! So good to hear that you have spectacular storms and other entertainment laid out for you by mother nature :)

Have fun with Colin and everyone else who is there :D
Life is good ;)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #3365 on: October 13, 2009, 10:14:01 AM »
Around 16 deg here this morning at 10 pm. Blowing a bit of a gale here at Kavadaddes so imagine a breezy Arillas as well.

Overnight rain again, there can't be that much left "up there" to come down now.
( 29mm of rain overnight Sunday - That was before 9am )

Anyway people still enjoyng yesterday. Colin and Lynn played some darts but we worry that Nan is part of this THompson delayed flight.

Trish (the fish) left her Rainbow yesterday and looked very much sadder than the weather.  Ne'er mind - Could all be different tomorrow.

Cheers
Negg

Offline Alan and Jan

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #3366 on: October 13, 2009, 10:33:55 AM »
16 degrees eh Neil. Damn sight wamer than here in UK. 6.30am scraping ice off the car windscreen and 1 degree. Will be the old thermals next.
Will have to watch my Arillas DVD we took tonight to remind us of the sun and how much we enjoyed our hols. Only just over two weeks ago as well.
Alan and Jan

Eight letters, three words one meaning- Take That

Offline isobel

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #3367 on: October 13, 2009, 10:42:47 AM »
frosty morning here but some sunshine a lot warmer in arillas i know where id like to be

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #3368 on: October 13, 2009, 08:04:53 PM »
Good news and bad news peeps!

Bad news is that Nan was delayed by a coupla hours, only , to get here yesterday.
( Panic over - I thought she may have been a day late )
so......................................
Good news is that she's here now and taking in tha Arillas wind down scenario!

Seen here with JImi ( Dimitris ) at Kaloudis who, I'm sure, will look after her very well indeed.

And Arillas? - Well -  Looks a real pussycat from a distance ( As seen from Afionas )

But, close up , may jus bite yer legs off !

Temps here have been quite good with just a coupla showers.We have 16 deg outside now at 8pm but 23 deg inside , still with no heating. Yeahhhhh
( A penny saved is an Ouzo drunk ! )

Colin and Lynn and moi and Dimitris and Alexandra and Paul n Claire enjoyed much  merriement at Rainbow this pm lobbing pointed missiles at an object on the wall and then Capt Bob, Afionas, arrived and joined in.

Saw Viv, as bubbly as ever, and hope to see her and Pete again soon.

It's another day tomorrow,
Cheers
Negg

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #3369 on: October 13, 2009, 08:49:32 PM »
Thanks Neil for yet another splendid report.  I think everyone you mention is regarded by me as an old friend, even though I've only actually met Jimmy at the Splish Splash, Lynn & Colin and Viv.  It the forum effect I think.
Keep up the good work!  
PJ

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #3370 on: October 13, 2009, 11:12:58 PM »
Wish we'd been there Eggy....

Arillas Today sounds exciting and wild. And packed with faces I know and love. Thanks for the update. Has really cheered me up.

Phil

Maggie

« Reply #3371 on: October 14, 2009, 06:02:36 PM »
Phil, you heard right, Arillas won the footy. Sadly we missed the game, cos we were at a wedding in Scotland.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #3372 on: October 14, 2009, 06:29:32 PM »
Just a tad of bad news today. It was around 13 deg at 9 am but followed by good news as the rain kept away and the 13 deg reached around 16 deg by 3 pm ish.

( A body on a sundbed at Rainbow - Wotsallthatabout? - Frozen or just having a good time?)

Chilly in the shade but quite warm in the sun.

Obviously a quiet Arillas now but it is mid October. It's still a great time to be away from the 'ole UK who, not only want you to endure the weather on offer but hit you with any extra bills which they can dream up, at any point in time, to drain yer wallet.
( Whoops! - Off track now )

Anyway, we have around 16 deg now at 6:30 pm ish so not all that bad.
Cold paddy's for darts but it won't affect me picking up a knife n fork tonight and taking advantage of what "eats" are still available here.

If Arillas was laid back any more it could touch it's ankles with the back of his head.
Eh? - Did I just say that?

Stay well All
Cheers
Negg

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #3373 on: October 14, 2009, 07:06:58 PM »
It peaked at 20 degrees here in Southampton today.....but still know where I'd rather be.....
Sandy x

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #3374 on: October 14, 2009, 11:43:29 PM »
Around 13 deg and a bit chilly for the fingers tonite Sandy.
(and other bits which may suffer from potential frostbite)

But...snug as a bug in doors and still no heating on!

iNight Owl was a " Home from Home" this evening and many a Greek word spoken badly with many Greek pals.

No rain which is a good pointer to the rest of the week.
Good timing,I think,to all guests, now residing, who will be siga siga-ing for the next few days, methinks.
Cheers
Negg

Booking.com