Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101827 times)

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #3150 on: August 06, 2009, 07:52:39 PM »
Keep me a little of that sun for the 5th October eggy
Cant wait to get back again.

Offline Paul & Denise

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #3151 on: August 06, 2009, 10:26:41 PM »
Eggy'
Please keep some of that sun bottled for us at the end of September, we were very lucky last year - here's hoping. still, being there is the most important thing to us.
see you soon
Paul and Nise

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #3152 on: August 10, 2009, 06:31:30 PM »
Please keep some of that sun bottled for us at the end of September,

Paul n Nise
With the outside temp still sitting at around 32 deg in the shade I will , very soon, run out of bottles.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Arillas today is Buzz,Buzz,Buzz and a struggle to find a hole for Peg (Punto to any newbies)
If I could only have found buyers for all the cars I saw today......(Like winning the Lotto)
.......... So many Mercedes in such a confined space --- And various styles too.
.......... A smattering of very shiny BMW's - Lt Grey seems to be the in colour at the mo.
.......... 3 very smart Alfa Romeos
.......... A variety of "Jungle Jeeps" and some real beasts, so high up I could have parked underneath them!
Oh , and a few peugeots,Ford focus (es ) - And one battered old Datsun - Good on yer pal

Not being proud I squeezed Peg in between a "Tank" and a Merc.
( So close you could see the "Rust Fleas" jumping from my vehicle to theirs - Happy Days! )

The International feel of Arillas can always be found here in August and, I think most of these "Smart Wheels" are Athens Greeks and/or Italians. - Very nice too.
And the Roumanians drive some nice wheels too.
( But please,all of you, learn not to drive in the middle of the road as I will attempt to get you with the wing mirror or driver's door as you pass. )

A very busy beach with many, as usual, enjoying. I took the time just to stroll round and listen to the many languages.
Asked directions to Paleokatstrista by an Intalian couple on scooter - aaargh!
( Must always remember to take pen n paper with me in future )

All eating houses, I saw, were doing a very nice trade filling those tummies of many assorted shapes and not a sad face anywhere. Well done Arillas, I say,
They must keep getting it right every year - DONCHYERKNOW?

Exchange sitting on e1.16 today and the temp has risen half a degree as I've been typing
WOTSTHATALLABOUT?

Cheers
Negg

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #3153 on: August 10, 2009, 06:55:30 PM »
Hi Folk
Negg - you keep cheering us up in rain soaked Lincolnshire by your descriptions of your little bit of heaven.
Still September is now in sight and will have a little bit of heaven myself then.
Best wishes
Pat

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #3154 on: August 10, 2009, 07:07:07 PM »
Hi Neil!
What a great report, you really describe a totally different Arillas to when I was there in May. Hard to imagine so many and varied vehicles and nationalities. Glad all the folks in the village are doing well, must be good for their morale when their businesses are buzzing!
I expect all will be back to 'sleepy hollows' when I and my fellow 'October' mob arrive, be easier to spot you then if nothing else!
Yammas,
Martin. 

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #3155 on: August 10, 2009, 08:14:58 PM »
Martin
Did you not know, Eggy has now got a florescent coat so you can't miss him.

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #3156 on: August 11, 2009, 03:24:51 PM »
Thanks Neil for the most informative reports. I have just booked for next September2010 & we will be bringing 2 arillas virgins with us!
Karen

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #3157 on: August 11, 2009, 05:26:03 PM »
Arillas Today? - Like yesterday really but just seems a day younger!
Plenty of space on the beach even though it looks busy. Crystal clear water which I can vouch for as I did have a nose. Didn't dip tootsies in it though, so not sure how cold it was. - Many many people didn't think it was chilly at all.

A shaded 32 deg and hot and no sign of rain forecst here for the next few days.

Missed Dave Mull this PM. Must have left the Nut before he appeared.
We will have a small aperitif soon Dave.

Saw Biglee and Family at Rainbow. All having a good time.
Word of warning......... Biglee nearly bought me a jar of Picallili over but the UK customs confiscated it at the Airport. - Said it was liquid? -
Careful what you put in your hand luggage folks.
I expect some uniform is sitting down right now and spreading generous helpings of this on his cheddar cheese and crusty bread! (Hope you find a slug in the cauli!- Nah)

John R. Don't need a shiny yellow jacket. The sun just reflects off top of head.
( easier identifiable - donchyerknow?)

Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #3158 on: August 13, 2009, 05:53:12 PM »
Not Arillas Today , but for those here from Tomorrow, or here now, there is a beach party at St George ( Agious George) beach on Saturday evening and a Kavaddades festival organised for Sunday. The festival takes place around the Church , which you drive past if you're going to Sidari. Generally starts sometime in the afternoon, or, as a local siad to me, "When you hear the music"

Cheers
Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #3159 on: August 13, 2009, 06:09:37 PM »
Just one long party in Arillas this summer! Deep sigh (to quote a forum member with no sign of osteoporosis.....)

How did PhilandJen manage to miss all of them?? Take Eggy's advice all you lucky ones - they are fantastic fun for everyone.

btw Erja, Jen took her daily dose of silicon earlier. Two large Fullers Pride sat in a sunny pub garden. Funny how all her sisters and mother suffered from it and they hated beer. But it can't be too good for muscles - Jen is a martyr to painful legs and is just as hampered as they were.... Sorry I'm on the wrong thread, Eggy.

I can already hear the music... Does that mean I'm there???

Phil

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #3160 on: August 14, 2009, 08:29:45 AM »
Just one long party in Arillas this summer! Deep sigh (to quote a forum member with no sign of osteoporosis.....)

btw Erja, Jen took her daily dose of silicon earlier.

:D way to Jen!!! Looks like me and the laydeez will get to Arillas just in between all the parties, but I am sure we will mange to entertain our selves somehow ;)

In the immortal words of Robbie Williams:

Hell is gone and heaven's here
There's nothing left for you to fear
Shake your arse come over here
Now scream
Life is good ;)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #3161 on: August 23, 2009, 05:31:30 PM »
Arillas today? - Another Sunday is back so quickly.
 ( I still remember last Sunday - Ger on wit rubbish . S'never been 7 days ago? )

Anyway, with a temp which still sits at 35 deg, I found a very busy,busy ,busy Arillas at 4 pm. So many objects in the sea ranging from mini sprogs with proud parents to swimmers, paddlers, ball throwers, and more pedaloes than you see at Henley Regatta.

The busiest I've seen it since May and would have parked up for a piccie but, the only gaps on the sea front could have only been filled withh polyfilla!.

I was amazed at so many people still finishing a lunchtime snack or maybe having a late afternoon bevvie. So many places still looking after customer needs!
The beach terraces at Graziella and Sea Breeze looked to have many chilled out bodies there and Mirage together with Horizon also had all waiters earning their euros.

"Inland" - Rainbow and Marvel had their fare share of good people enjoying a sunbed and a pool, - Plus whatever else they required to stay pleasantly pleased.

It was so hot for me that, when I drove past Leon , at Armourada, giving his Taverna entrance a hose down, I was tempted to stop and open all the car windows.
( He thought I was joking! - As you know, I never make jokes - Eh? )

Cheers All
Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #3162 on: August 23, 2009, 06:55:37 PM »
What a lovely pastiche of Arillas today eggy. For a few seconds I was actually there, or so my addled brain told me. We sat in the garden at the Greyhound (our village pub) for a couple of hours this afternoon, and Jen had to move into the shade (hot stuff my Jen...) I sat with the sun beating down on me and had to take my top off. Jason complained, jokingly, and alluded to at least you're not wearing speedos... Not at all sure what he meant...

Baltonsborough Today is lacking the sea but felt like home for a change. Arillas Today sounds magnificent. Hot I can do....

very best to yous both
Phil

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #3163 on: August 23, 2009, 08:37:01 PM »
More great reporting from Eggy - Many thanks Negg.  As Phil says you make us feel as if we are there for a few minutes.
Having said that Nettleham was hot and sunny today - definately garden and shorts weather with cool drinks and brollies for a bit of shade.
Getting exited now - currency ordered and only three weeks to go before we take off for sunny Arillas.
Patrickjohn

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #3164 on: August 23, 2009, 08:58:38 PM »
neil
fab report ..cheers mucka.......yammas

Booking.com