Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101973 times)

ger and 17 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Peckedhen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #2400 on: November 01, 2008, 07:58:26 PM »
Oops! Lost a bit...

We spent a day in Corfu Town where we were introduced to the Greek way of eating.....meze..... I tried food that I would never have been brave enough to order myself and it was delicious, all washed down with a bottle of Ouzo.  I thought that I'd never have space to eat again!! LOL

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2401 on: November 01, 2008, 09:59:44 PM »
You have hit the nail on the head peckedhen. We are all down and depressed. We are the longest time from being back. At least six months..

BG talks about SADS -  Seasonally Affected Disorder - but most Arillas Addicts have it - it maks us who we are.

Now we have to rely on Eggy to provide our daily fix. So many thanks.... He keps us sane. He and Wegg might be Phil and Jen next year.

Keep your fingers crossed (or if you hate us and our values, go to Turkey, you'll like it there.)

Phil

Offline Dave n Anne

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #2402 on: November 01, 2008, 11:49:05 PM »
Hi Phil

You go for it mate next years updates will be interesting, nobody likes turkey that much lol

Yammas

Dave

Offline bmw1106

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #2403 on: November 02, 2008, 10:39:34 AM »
-i think most people on here will suffer from ADS Arillas Depression Syndrome cos all we have to look forward to is a very cold and wet winter. LOL

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #2404 on: November 02, 2008, 02:14:43 PM »
Hi All!
I too feel a bit sad reading about Arillas closedown for the winter. I only wish it was possible to get there 'off season' as there are still good days even in this time compared to  the U.K. I did start to look at the 'overland' alternative but it all gets very complicated and quite expensive.
I was in the opposite position in May when I was one of the first vistors to Arillas and had the oportunity to see the village 'come to life'. I will think of that experience through the winter with the hope of a repeat of the holiday next May! I look at the webcam every day and Eggy's daily reports keep my spirits up. I also have my 'May 2008' video on my digital photoframe to remind me of what I have to look forward to next year.
Yammas,
Martin.

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #2405 on: November 02, 2008, 11:30:41 PM »
TURKEY ?

It’s OK once a year.

At Christmas with all the trimmings.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2406 on: November 03, 2008, 03:47:07 PM »
Sue

I did keep an eye out for you, on my daily trips, but you were not to be found.
Probably stressed trying to make all those decisions - Beach or Pool or Walk or eat?

In a very quiet Arillas today we found a beach that really did look in need of people!
Around 23 deg at midday and I'm very sure now, at 3:30 pm it has to be 25deg.
Very warm and a fairly calm sea. ( Actually saw someone in the water so can't be bad )

Thalassa still open and a few guests taking advantage of a lunchtime tipple.

Of course it was much hotter for me today as it was my first garden bonfire of the Winter. To anyone wishing to lose weight I can recommend you try 2 firelighters and 1/2 a litre of petrol. Add to large quatity of garden waste and then stand very close.
( I think I've lost "arfur stone" this afternoon )

Cheers
Negg

Maggie

« Reply #2407 on: November 03, 2008, 03:54:25 PM »
I love the pitures of the empty beach. Thank you Eggy, keep them coming please, it's what will keep me surviving throught his winter!
 (I've just been watching the live webcam too. )

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #2408 on: November 03, 2008, 04:24:15 PM »
Of course it was much hotter for me today as it was my first garden bonfire of the Winter. To anyone wishing to lose weight I can recommend you try 2 firelighters and 1/2 a litre of petrol. Add to large quatity of garden waste and then stand very close.( I think I've lost "arfur stone" this afternoon )

Oh deary me Eggy! Mind your eye brows when messing with fire :-[
Life is good ;)

Offline Peckedhen

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #2409 on: November 03, 2008, 05:03:35 PM »
Sue

I did keep an eye out for you, on my daily trips, but you were not to be found.
Probably stressed trying to make all those decisions - Beach or Pool or Walk or eat?

Watched out for you too Negg - even stuck my head in the 'Nut but you were not to be found.
Till next year then.....

Sue

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2410 on: November 03, 2008, 05:42:39 PM »
Wish it wasn't quite empty Maggie. I should be walking along it right now.... Tried the webcam earlier but somehow it's second best!

Thanks for the pic Eggy. Hope to see more as the months weave on. Bit careless losing our arfur... Afraid I haven't lost the arfur stone I brought back to UK with me! Seem to have lost an internal organ though. I gather it's on the menu at Brouklis now. No need to marinate it???

peckedhen - we assembled similar at Grazella in Spetember. A great way to eat. But even though we were stuffed, we ate another great meal in the evening. Ah life is good.... We know what you mean about the last week. It was a strange (but totally enjoyable) experience in contrast to July when we have had to go in the past. Roll on 2009!

EEG - do you mean "messing with erja...." Fire has nothing on you luvver! Roll on 2009. We will see you there!

John and Dot - Do you reckon turkeys have livers? I'm in the market for one... Preferably one with flip-flops and a flameproof nightie! Take care.

Martinw - we all join you in feeling sad. Jen is working on the overland, sea and any other options as I write. If we make a breakthrough we'll post it here. (But then the b****y prices will go up!) Maybe see you out there next year. Would love to buy you a beer in Brouklis...

bmw1106 - keep watching the forum.... (taking the tablets???) Arillas is still there (but sadly we are not.)

Ang - let's share Greek recipes all winter and report back on how well we did them. I refuse to be glum, at least not in public...

Eileen - ah well. We missed you this year but can't wait to share a wee dram next. Let's keep fingers crossed... Will doubtless live the forum with you for a few months in any case.

And riggers, will be in touch soon. So far looks awful, but it always does to start with. (I am referring to finding ways to get out there - finding flights etc)

What a wonderful thread this is. I have simply worked through the list since my last post, and have a great affection for you all. Hope I haven't upset anybody.

Phil

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #2411 on: November 03, 2008, 08:33:44 PM »
phil
dittoooooooooo.............yammas....hurry on 2009

riggers

« Reply #2412 on: November 03, 2008, 08:37:19 PM »
Great posts Negg and Phil, and Negg watch your hair aswell as your eyebrows.

riggers...

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #2413 on: November 03, 2008, 08:50:36 PM »
You beat me to it riggers.....I was worrying about his hair....lol
Sandy x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2414 on: November 03, 2008, 09:00:18 PM »
Was that all Sandy? Somehow he doesn't have many hairs or eyeborows to worry about.

Sorry Eggy SON. They will all wish they hadn't met your father in the Rainbow....

You know what I mean. No offence meant but I know none taken!

love to all of you
Phil

Booking.com