Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101461 times)

Marymary

Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #2310 on: October 20, 2008, 07:11:26 PM »
Such a shame the season is nearly at an end ,but I and I'm sure other forum members will carry many happy Arillas memories through the winter- here's to next season - But I wonder what do the locals of Arillas do in the winter, do they have other jobs Or do they have to survive on the income they made during the holiday season?

Take Care
Mary

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2311 on: October 20, 2008, 07:20:23 PM »
Thanks for the update Eggy. Admit I'm a bit down at the end of the season. Like EEG our two visits seem like dim and distant memories now, but we can't complain - 6 weeks of happiness for us both.

Looking forward to us all staying in touch via the forum. Thanks for all your summer posts. Both looking forward to the winter ones

Phil and Jen

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2312 on: October 20, 2008, 09:10:17 PM »
Feeling the same here... convinced I have SADS.... it's  raining and miserable today... it's a horrible feeling that even if we could go the season has almost ended and there's no direct flights or accommodation (except the Akti of course)....

Eggy we will be relying on you to keep us from falling into a decline this winter!!!! (No pressure of course).  All your reports did help last winter..
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #2313 on: October 20, 2008, 09:34:15 PM »
Thanks Eggy for all your updates throughout the season.  They made wonderful reading.   
         Anyway, here`s to next season. Can`t wait for June to arrive- it will be our fourth visit( a total of nine weeks). Not as many as some of you, but we`re getting there.
                         Best Wishes  Paul D
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #2314 on: October 21, 2008, 03:37:09 PM »
I love reading eggys daily reports. it makes arillas seem closer somehow.
I am trying not to count the weeks until we return as July seems such a long way off. maybe we will meet up with some of the forum members next year as it will be out first holiday outside of the school holidays we have taken for years.
Karen
x

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #2315 on: October 21, 2008, 04:31:26 PM »
Just read about the national strike in Greece on BBC:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7681504.stm

How is Arillas doing with all this going on?
Life is good ;)

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2316 on: October 21, 2008, 04:58:42 PM »
Sounds like things are pretty bad there at the moment... I wonder what would happen if everyone rioted like that in the UK....
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline keefy

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #2317 on: October 21, 2008, 06:17:26 PM »
EEG just readd that about the Greek stike WOW doesn't seem real...but i noticed that no one was hurt...a good sign..thats for that EEG

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2318 on: October 21, 2008, 07:30:38 PM »
EEG - National strike? - Am I the last to know here?
Arillas is doing well and nothing has been mentioned to me.

Arillas Today is one the days when I wish I hadn't left the camera at home!
It had to be 25/26 deg on the beach and many people were in the water. This cannot be bad for the 21st Oct.

It's winding down but, that said, Amourada last night were looking after many customers as was Portofino and others.  The choice of places to eat is still good,
Brouklis is still available for another 10 days.
You may find limited menus , all aound, but the smiles and words of welcome are still very genuine.

Said my farewells to Mr n Mrs Riggers today and hope they get back for Easter 09.
Saw them at Kaloudis and what a very nice place it is to.
( Needs a new dartboard though! )

Nuff fer now. - Wish I had taken the camera today - Always avrio , I 'spose!
Cheers
Negg

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2319 on: October 21, 2008, 07:34:54 PM »

Said my farewells to Mr n Mrs Riggers today and hope they get back for Easter 09.

Negg

When I said I hope they get back for Easter 09 , of course I meant back to Arillas, and not tyhe UK. I don't think their flight would be delayed , that long , back to the UK.
( Would it ? - They are not still with Excel , are they ?)
Negg

Offline Beachlover

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #2320 on: October 21, 2008, 10:41:34 PM »
Well it is more Arillas yesterday,
Cannot find a way to post a new topic, but  cannot go to bed tonight without saying Arillas has yet again been brilliant for us.  Home for just over one day after  two weeks in Arillas recalling old freinds and meeting new.  The beach, Thalassa bar, Sea Breeze etc.  We stayed at Kokinos, yet again, but the people at Makris looked after us too, Cor Blimey so many memories so many good times best place in the world for us. This year expeinced Potofino for their soup and we finally got a trip up to Mon a Mor all good experiences here is to next year.  No rain, two days of cloud out of fourteen with all the previous on top, you just cannot beat it

regards
all good
Beachlover

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2321 on: October 21, 2008, 11:07:42 PM »
Beachlover
Nicely put. - Stay well
Negg

Offline bobandjoyce

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
    • http://www.essential-opportunity.co.uk
« Reply #2322 on: October 21, 2008, 11:36:39 PM »
absolutely LOVE these reports especially as we are looking at fresh snow on the hills up here in bonnie Scotland and counting down the weeks to May, don't care if it rains for the whole two weeks, at least it will be warm rain :)    Thank you Eggy for bringing a smile to our faces, it is such a joy to log in and chill out for a few minutes and keep the memory of Arillas in our hearts for another day!

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2323 on: October 21, 2008, 11:54:42 PM »
We're not all wrong then beachlover!!! So glad it all worked for you too.

Phil

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #2324 on: October 22, 2008, 09:11:19 AM »
I think you folks have said it all but have to add Pete's and my thanks to all the local's including certain x-pats. We had a fantastic time yet again thanks to all our friends in Arillas and surrounding villages.
Feel as if it was ages ago and only been back at work a day but we have to make the money somehow lol. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Booking.com