Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101803 times)

riggers

Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #2145 on: September 17, 2008, 08:28:03 PM »
Paul it was out of my league. :) hmmmm but i had to try. :) yammas matey :)

riggers...

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2146 on: September 18, 2008, 09:17:59 AM »
Riggers

Amazing I can see a dart board and hit trebles but didn't see the wheely bin, on the way home, that just about ripped off my nearside door mirror!
If 180's always work out that expensive I won't hit another one.

It's an 18 deg start to the day here folks. - Plenty of time yet to be as good as sunny ole England!

Negg

Offline blindpete

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #2147 on: September 18, 2008, 10:45:56 AM »
Just looking at the webcam and it appears that there is a piece of the jetty missing, or does my eye decieve me?

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2148 on: September 19, 2008, 10:03:38 AM »
Jetty looks fine "BP" , although I didn't walk along it to test it out!.

"Chilly" morning here at the mo, - Around 18 deg.! - But no breeze at present.

Negg

Offline TerryW

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2149 on: September 19, 2008, 12:12:42 PM »
Blimey Eggy, have you wheely bin out driving and damaged a wing mirror? Too much darting along, narrow Corfu roads I reckon.

I have been looking for a jelly baby sticker, but this one will have to do for now.

The stickers are getting very popular in the UK. Have any members got a decorated wheelie bin? Or, what poster would you recommend for wheelie bins in Arillas so that Eggy avoids them?

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #2150 on: September 19, 2008, 12:40:42 PM »
The stickers are getting very popular in the UK. Have any members got a decorated wheelie bin? Or, what poster would you recommend for wheelie bins in Arillas so that Eggy avoids them?

One with a picture of cheddar cheese maybe ;)
Life is good ;)

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2151 on: September 19, 2008, 11:59:54 PM »
Sometimes here you just have to drive by memory. The biggest problem is that they keep moving the wheeley bins, and even the holes, to confuse you!
Maybe put signs on the bins that say " Drink more water with it! "
A picture of a jelly baby is no good as I would want to take the head of as I passed.

Arillas temps never really got going today and the sun tried it's best. The rain kept away all day but the temps have struggled to stay around  20 deg.
But, with good company, you fail to notice these minor things. And we've had very good company tonight, at Brouklis with Wendy and Stuart who, sadly, go home on Monday. - Next May eh?

But for Peri and Maria and family the sun has been shining and the weather's been irrelevant the last few days due to their new arrival. They have all the good wishes from the forum.

Paul n Maria are home today and, once again 2 weeks have sped by. Another little get together would have been nice. Next year guys!

Bumped into Suzanne Simcox yesterday, ( Sue n Roger ) Already here nearly a week!
Phil n Jen have a week left before returning back to the UK.
What will the white man van do then, we wonder? - " Phil n Jen have left the country"

Mark n Dee may soon be on their way back as will Riggers and Sue.
Many other Forum members here who, I'm sure, never meet before they return.
( Always next time )

Rain is forecast for the next few days but then rain was forecast for tonight and it didn't appear.

Only 6 weeks to the end of the season so let's hope that 25'26 deg shows it face way before then.
I also hope that all wheeley bins remain firmly in the same places tomorrow, as today.
( I have only got one wing mirror left! )

Cheers All
Negg

Offline sarah101

« Reply #2152 on: September 20, 2008, 12:37:25 AM »
I eveyone.

Does anyone know to do i send mail to arillas?

I want to send some pictures over but i don't know how to send it

Can anyone help

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2153 on: September 20, 2008, 01:09:03 AM »
Sometimes here you just have to drive by memory. The biggest problem is that they keep moving the wheeley bins, and even the holes, to confuse you!
Maybe put signs on the bins that say " Drink more water with it! "
A picture of a jelly baby is no good as I would want to take the head of as I passed

oh no you eat the heads first!  haha

See you soon Negg

Sharon x

Offline Baldy Barry

• Forum Fanatic
    • myspace.com
« Reply #2154 on: September 20, 2008, 11:32:36 AM »
Hello Sarah.
On your email program you type in your message etc and then to send pictures you click on "attachments" at the top of the page.
Then a box appears for you to find the folder your pictures are in.
Click on the photos you want to send and they will go into your email.
Alternatively if you get your email page up and then type in your message.
Then get your photo's on screen , minimize the page and just drag and drop the photo's onto your email page and then just click "send".
Hope this help's.
Hope I don't burn !

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2155 on: September 20, 2008, 01:15:56 PM »
Negg have you seen us dancing in general chat, Terry's jib jab topic!   Very funny, Terry has struck again!  It's you, me, mango, jo, and phil. 

Sharon x

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2156 on: September 20, 2008, 02:07:10 PM »
Hi all,

Good photos Neil - we look really good in the Rainbow don't we (Forum Corner).  Keep up the good work with the photos - we love looking at them all.  Hope we all meet up again next year - we have already booked our 2009 holiday - back to the Rainbow (Forum Corner) the 1st 2 weeks in September 2009 - yipeeeee- can't wait. 

Kevin & Beverly

Marymary

« Reply #2157 on: September 20, 2008, 06:36:22 PM »
Hi Eggy
It was good finally if briefly meet you at the Rainbow last week, and breifly Kevin and Beverly said hi to Riggers a couple of times. I seemed to bump into Phil and Jenny mostly, they are fantastic people and the love they have for each other and life radiates from them. Looking forward to my next time in Arillas.
Yammas
Mary

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2158 on: September 20, 2008, 07:03:35 PM »
Kev n Bev n Mary. - Hope you are all well.
I've just sent you a PM Kev so I guess my ears were burning.
( At some point I just might burn the darts and take up chess )

Sharon - I must take a look at those pics of Terry W.

Arillas today ? - I don't understand. Okay , only around 21 deg but the empty beach looked, to me, just the place to be. No wind and very relaxing. If I had a towel and book in the Pug then the bar would have taken second place.

A drink with Riggers was in order and his company, along with many others, will be missed next week.  - Marika is around somewhere but haven't seen her yet.

Anyway, I reckon a nice day. Not heat to melt your body hair but very pleasant.
Next week will see 25/26 deg. - That's my opinion.

And... Welcome back to the UK Wendy n Stu. if you've logged in as soon as you're through that door!

Cheers All
Negg

ps - Megg the mog tried to bring us in a small snake just now as a "pressy" aaargh!

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2159 on: September 20, 2008, 11:08:48 PM »
Nice report Eggy. Was it a whip snake? They are quite common in Corfu. Glad yu`ve had a good day,lol.
Lindypops.

Booking.com