Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101547 times)

Mary/Steve and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #1905 on: August 18, 2008, 12:12:42 PM »
Soooooo cute! And please give her a name and I would seriously do the spading otherwise you'll end up with a cattery :D
Life is good ;)

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #1906 on: August 18, 2008, 12:21:40 PM »
Eggy
The cat is a fine specimen of the species
Only one problem for me with the post
Dot loves her cats and having just seen this one she now wants to add to the four we have already.
It will take me weeks to convince her we don’t need any more (not seen any mice for years now)
We did adopt the two in this picture along with their mother and father in July though.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #1907 on: August 18, 2008, 12:39:55 PM »
Lovely addition Eggy. Agree with all on the spaying issue - unless you want to start a cattery....

John and Dot - we solved the problem of "too many" by having one vast fluffball of a cat, like we told you in Arillas! Here she is helping us with our game of scrabble.....

Cheers
Phil

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #1908 on: August 18, 2008, 12:53:48 PM »
Lovely cat photos, Eggy and John!

Had to smile at that one, Phil.  Aren't they just absolutely excellent at landing exactly where you don't want them to?  :D

lynn xx

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #1909 on: August 18, 2008, 02:42:06 PM »
My daughters just got her first "own" kitten... drives her potty but she loves him and I must admit he is gorgeous...  He was a bit unwell one day, causing her great distress (now she knows what responsibility is like, animals and kids are a worry) anyway, the next day she found out... he had eaten a postie red elastic band,, came out the other end, she thought it was an intestine as it was bright red!  he could have died poor thing.  Now he's back to his usual mischievous ways.  Actually sits in the shower and watches, fell in the loo, "helps" her make the bed... makes me smile.. now she knows what I had to go through when she was little.  Cats you either love them or hate them!  We are on our 4th now... the last two lived til they were 18.. but no more even if they are strays.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Online Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #1910 on: August 18, 2008, 03:11:36 PM »
We too love all the cats although there seems to be more dogs in Arillas than in other Greek resorts. (& there will probably be a few more next year- there was a bitch in season whilst we were there this year with a whole pack of dogs following her!)

My daughter christens them all.

Phil- your cat must be a relative of ours, she is a black & white fluff ball who always manages to sit on the scrabble board, or whatever game we are playing.

Karen

riggers

« Reply #1911 on: August 18, 2008, 05:45:30 PM »
Welcome to the cat club Negg.

Yours looks purrrrrrrfect. lol

riggers...

Offline Wendy n Stu

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #1912 on: August 18, 2008, 10:16:33 PM »
Great cat photos everyone...so cute!  We lost our beloved dog some time ago and I couldn't cope with bringing another one into the home straight away.  So, I persuaded Stuart to go to the local cat resuce and the saddest case of all picked us.  We have now had her one year, she rules the household and is absolutely gorgeous.  Jessie is her name.  Egg, well done you.  Every house should have one.  What's her name? I love all the photos.  Meanwhile Stu says he will have a go at darts but can't guarantee he will hit the board with his sunglasses on - any excuse!  Can't wait to get there.  Keep the reports coming.  Talking of another year older he is 60 on Thursday - I keep reminding him!  C u soon.  W. x 

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #1913 on: August 18, 2008, 10:45:23 PM »
No name for this lively bundle yet .
She is at present chasing a ball around the lounge as I type.
A trip to the vets at the end of the week for a little op may be necessary.

Arillas today and blowing a gale it was!
While we were being dustblasted in Kavvadades Arillas was being sandblasted.
Bumped into Sandy who was "sandy" as she had spent some time on the beach getting "sandy" I spose.

But very few people on the beach and not a brolly in sight. Only a few people in the sea practising surfboarding techniques. If those diddy boards work that is!

A very dramatic sea and muggings here had a camera with dead batteries yet again.
Sorry.

Temps never really threatened 28 deg today but this sort of weather takes people to the many inland swimming pools for a beer and "siga siga" time or to the local bars to catch up on the Olympics. So everyone gets what they want from the day.

At 10:48 here the wind has died down and I now have to go for a game of :=
" Chase the Ball and keep me amused until it's feeding time again! "

Cheers
Negg

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #1914 on: August 19, 2008, 11:38:05 AM »
I forgot Mike used to play darts quite a lot in his younger days.  Needs a bit of practice now though I would think.

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #1915 on: August 19, 2008, 12:56:23 PM »
She looks lovely, can't wait to meet her thats if she has become a house cat by the time we get there. I bet it won't take long with all the fuss, food and "Daddy" playing with her. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #1916 on: August 19, 2008, 06:55:23 PM »
Viv
Little "no name" moggy is a house cat when she deciides she wants to be in the house

Arillas today, with only the remnants of the last coupla days breeze. looked pretty damm good.

Those brollies aare back up today hopefully protecting people from the very easy 30 deg plus in offer.

And..................... Who do I bump into ?

"Baldy" Barry and family/friends. I apologise now for two things. One is forgetting peoples names but two is for keeping them all yapping, on the sea front, when they looked in the need of a few serious drinks.
Hope to bump into them again for a real ole gas. ( bet they are in hiding as I type)

And that's it , unless you want to include that Alexandra, daughter of Rainbow Spiros, throw a very good dart and I only beat her 3-2 in a 301 flyer.
(She demolished me in leg 3 starting with 100-85-55 and finally hit a solid double 10)

I luv this place and all who sail in her!

Cheers
Negg

ps - Moggy has decided that, when she is fed up outside , she can jump up  at the outside door and hang on to the glazing beads until I open the door and let her in.
Who's in charge here ?

Offline justjen

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #1917 on: August 19, 2008, 07:04:49 PM »
She is of course Neill, all cat owners know that. Maybe her name should be MEGGY?

Just a thought.

Love Jen

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #1918 on: August 19, 2008, 07:45:33 PM »
Eggy - it looks pretty damn good to me. Never mind - only 8 more days till we're back.

Eggy, Weggy and Meggy? Sounds OK to me. Our Wednesday was so called because her brother had already been named Pugsley. You see mate - we ARE the Addams Family. Get the Garlic out.....

Has anyone noticed OurLynn's profile - apparently now the forum ouzo. lmao Lynn!!!!!!!!!!! forum anorak sounds quite yesterday... Plus the incredibly perceptive ticker you now have

"What is the difference between a British Winter and a British Summer? The rain is warmer in the Summer!"
After Galstonbury Today in mid August we can only agree. Wet Wet Wet. Just wish we could share a few laughs with you and Colin in September.

As for the darts in Arillas today, did you know Eric Bristow is out in September Eggy? Even you and Timbo will have to tug forelocks.........

Arillas today looks like yesterday, today and tomorrow.
love to all
Phil

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #1919 on: August 19, 2008, 08:37:06 PM »
CATS RULE...... OK!

Booking.com