Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3019920 times)

Offline Eleni

• Irenes Villas
  • Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
  • Irenes Villas
    • Irenes Villas
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #1170 on: March 26, 2008, 09:56:28 PM »
You're right about the webcam Eggy, lots of white surf showing up today, and it looked as if the sea was closer to the road than normal.

Thanks for the photos again. I wish you could record the sound of the sea and post that on here - maybe one day.

Dear mr Terry,

i will fullfil your wish...

Please go to
Just watch the video clip that reminds me  a lot of Arillas beach, close your eyes
and dream of yourself being here!!!

Thalassa  means sea

Spanoudakis is one of the most famous Greek composers and i hope that you ll
enjoy it!!!!

Warmest regards

Eleni

Offline Paul C

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
« Reply #1171 on: March 26, 2008, 10:35:38 PM »
Eleni,
That is a wonderful video clip. The music and pictures just bring back memories of lazy days and nights spent in Arillas. Look forward to seeing you in September.
Paul and Diane.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #1172 on: March 26, 2008, 11:06:21 PM »
I have one of those relaxing machines that plays the sound of the sea, or birds, water running down a stream etc.  Sometimes I go to bed with the sound of the sea washing on the beach and dream of Arillas, the only thing is I have to keep getting up to pop to the loo.   Lol .
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline M n M

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #1173 on: March 26, 2008, 11:49:27 PM »
Eleni,
that music is fantastic, thank you for sharing it, it's making me homesick and I have to wait untill September, I will just have to play some more tracks, bye for now, Mick

Offline Paul & Denise

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #1174 on: March 27, 2008, 01:17:34 AM »
Sad news.Just had a text from Eric & Sue to say that Takis - of Arrilas Inn has died of Cancer. Any one else heard anything?

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #1175 on: March 27, 2008, 01:20:47 AM »
I think there maybe another post. Sad news indeed.
Lindypops.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #1176 on: March 27, 2008, 03:14:02 AM »
Thanks from us also Eleni.

Thalassa means sea but it also Arillas to us - not only the sea but the restaurant, and Brouklis and Graziella and Vasilis and Irene sudios and Anna studios and... and ... and... and most importantly you lot! The adorable people we meet every time we are there.

The sounds were truly inspiring and certainly brought back my daydream of lying on the beach with the waves washing over me.

Will see you about in July and September.

Phil

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #1177 on: March 27, 2008, 10:58:31 AM »
Elini

Thankyou for posting the link to the video on YouTube. It is a very nice video and I loved the music by Spanoudakis. I now want to do another slide show of Arillas photographs and use that music as a background sound.

I have tried to capture the sound of the sea many times but it never turns out very good, mainly due to wind blowing over the microphone. I often think when I am on holiday, that it would be nice to "bottle" the complete experience of sights and sounds when you are relaxing near the sea.

In our years of going to Kefalonia we would always spend the last hour before we went to bed, sitting on the balcony with a glass of Metaxa. Because we stayed in a very remote location, there was hardly any lighting so the stars were really bright. To sit with a nice drink, looking at the stars, and listening to the sea and the cicadas was a very special experience. I tried to capture it here ......... .....  but it was impossible to get the "complete" feeling.

Maybe another try in July.

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1178 on: March 27, 2008, 03:06:55 PM »
Sad news.Just had a text from Eric & Sue to say that Takis - of Arrilas Inn has died of Cancer. Any one else heard anything?
Hi Paul & Denise Spiro from Portofino had told me awhile ago that he was ill and was in Athens for treatment.  Eggy then updated us on this thread that he had sadly died, this is a few weeks ago now.  If you look back several pages you will fing Eggys message.

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline Eleni

• Irenes Villas
  • Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
  • Irenes Villas
    • Irenes Villas
« Reply #1179 on: March 27, 2008, 09:12:37 PM »
Elini

Thankyou for posting the link to the video on YouTube. It is a very nice video and I loved the music by Spanoudakis. I now want to do another slide show of Arillas photographs and use that music as a background sound.

I have tried to capture the sound of the sea many times but it never turns out very good, mainly due to wind blowing over the microphone. I often think when I am on holiday, that it would be nice to "bottle" the complete experience of sights and sounds when you are relaxing near the sea.

In our years of going to Kefalonia we would always spend the last hour before we went to bed, sitting on the balcony with a glass of Metaxa. Because we stayed in a very remote location, there was hardly any lighting so the stars were really bright. To sit with a nice drink, looking at the stars, and listening to the sea and the cicadas was a very special experience. I tried to capture it here ......... .....  but it was impossible to get the "complete" feeling.

Maybe another try in July.

Dear mr Terry,

i m glad that you liked the music and i also liked that you intent to use it as aback ground
sound with photos of Arillas!

As for capturing the true sound of the sea i don t see it possible even if somebody would
use the latest technology and you know why?

Because nobody could ever  capture the "feeling of the moment" only by hearing  a sound!!!
That s why i find the combination of the specific music unique! It inspires you to feel
the vibes of the pure Greek culture,even to "see" in the horizon the boat of Odyssey on it s way
to Ithaka.....
It makes me dream not only of the beach and the summer but awakes me also values of humanity
friendship and it awakes
 senses of freedom,,optimism,,romantism and it makes me "fly"not with the mind but
in spirit..

Yours

Eleni

Thank you for your patience

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #1180 on: March 27, 2008, 10:24:09 PM »
Because nobody could ever  capture the "feeling of the moment" only by hearing  a sound!!!
That s why i find the combination of the specific music unique! It inspires you to feel
the vibes of the pure Greek culture,even to "see" in the horizon the boat of Odyssey on it s way
to Ithaka.....
It makes me dream not only of the beach and the summer but awakes me also values of humanity
friendship and it awakes
 senses of freedom,,optimism,,romantism and it makes me "fly"not with the mind but
in spirit..

Beautifully put Eleni and thank you for the beautiful assesment :)
Life is good ;)

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #1181 on: March 28, 2008, 10:34:52 AM »
Agree with EEG, Eleni it gave me goosebumps reading that.

Sharon x

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #1182 on: March 28, 2008, 10:54:38 AM »
I have to agree with EEG and Sharon, it was a lovely reply and this is from a lady who was worried about her English. I wish I could be as eloquent as that.

friendship and it awakes
in spirit.

I don't think that any advertising company could have come up with the above, it really does get to you. Well it did me.

Efharisto Elini

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #1183 on: March 28, 2008, 01:08:37 PM »
Dearest Mrs Eleni, I have told you before that you have a lot more grasp of the English langage then I do, and you write some lovely posting and I thank you for the e-mails as well. See you in May. Love Viv & Pete

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #1184 on: March 29, 2008, 11:06:21 AM »
Great video can almost feel the sun on mi back and taste the Mythos lol
                                                    Tony

Booking.com