Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3102061 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #10410 on: November 14, 2023, 08:56:02 AM »
Karl - Yes, should have said Grand Slam of Darts is Wooooolverrhamptonnn!! (As the referee says)
Will it be Luke Humpries or Nathan Aspinall or have I got it wrong? (Gerwyn Price on fire!!)

and Billy D. I will see if that bike is still there tomorrow.

Bad storms caused a 10-14 hour power cut yesterday affecting most of North Corfu.

Wegg back from the UK tomorrow so a cleaning purge is necessary.

Cheers
Negg

Offline Greenbeans

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #10411 on: November 14, 2023, 10:06:32 AM »
Re Motorbike
I've also been wondering if its been left to rot. The salty air will soon kill the metal work and electrics. There is an older Greek man who came down to the pier to fish on a similar type of bike, I was thinking it might be his, which was blue in colour, can't tell from the webcam though.   

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10412 on: November 14, 2023, 05:46:43 PM »

Hi

If  a big If it is still there in August I will use it haha cutting up the that bloke in a white punto haha

Easy rider Kev

Offline Ann K

• Arillas Addict
  • Arillas! Arillas! Arillas!
« Reply #10413 on: November 14, 2023, 06:02:09 PM »
I've noticed it too, also somebody did pick it up a few days ago.  I just assume it is someone working in one of the premises but must be doing long hours!
Ann x

Offline RIL8

« Reply #10414 on: November 15, 2023, 03:55:51 PM »
Bike just driven off in southerly direction !!!

Cheers Ril

Offline billyd

« Reply #10415 on: November 15, 2023, 05:04:48 PM »
Ha, it looks like we have jogs someone’s memory, he/she has left it there for at least 2 weeks. You know what it’s like in a supermarket car park! Where’s my car............

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10416 on: November 15, 2023, 05:12:35 PM »

Hi
Has anyone hear from Neil I got a funny feeling the old punto has died and Neil forgot he was on a bike and he was looking for the beast
Then released after a few days he was on a bike 🛵 can you imagine that Mr Eggy on a scooter

Kev

Offline billyd

« Reply #10417 on: November 15, 2023, 05:13:47 PM »
Looking back on the webcam, the guy who took the bike came from the the north end, he must have walked past the Marina. It wasn’t running we he went off with it, he was just scooting it with his feet. Looks very suspicious to me.....

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #10418 on: November 15, 2023, 05:41:36 PM »
He's going to break it and sell it for parts across Europe !!!!!   lol
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #10419 on: November 15, 2023, 08:04:24 PM »

Hi
Has anyone hear from Neil I got a funny feeling the old punto has died and Neil forgot he was on a bike and he was looking for the beast
Then released after a few days he was on a bike 🛵 can you imagine that Mr Eggy on a scooter

Kev

On yer bike Kevin.

Didn't need to be on mine this afternoon as 23deg and people on the beach.
Negg

Offline Laura

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #10420 on: November 15, 2023, 11:53:21 PM »
The webcam will have lots of views tonight as I have been telling everyone this story about the motorbike 🤣

Offline billyd

« Reply #10421 on: November 18, 2023, 03:35:54 PM »
It doesn’t seem the same now, with the bike gone, it was good talking point in our house. Perhaps I inadvertently gave it to much air time. It still seems strange that someone would leave a bike for more than 2 weeks, and then just pick it up! Is there a corfiot version of Maigret (or is that a bit of an old reference for some of you youngsters) to look into the mystery of the ‘forgotten bike’.

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10422 on: November 18, 2023, 05:49:27 PM »

Hi

On the case

kev

Offline billyd

« Reply #10423 on: November 19, 2023, 03:31:45 PM »
It’s good to see it’s been taken seriously 😂🤣

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #10424 on: November 22, 2023, 06:29:45 PM »
Billy D
We are a very trusting crowd here and it is nothing to leave a bike for a long while. Quite often, after a few bevvies , some leave the car and may not get around to collecting it for a few days.
I have left my mobile phone and vape puffer in various places and when I trace them down they are usually in the same place.

I am sure that if Bev left Kevin asleep on a beach bench he would still be there the next day.
(Possibly that's because he is old n ugly -sorry Kevin

anyway..... our second day of nasty weather which brings an occssional power cut and loss of internet.
but.... we are sitting with 21deg at 6:30 pm so not all that bad.
and..... Arillas looks very good indeed and is still a tad busy. An influx of Germans , me-thinks , and nice people they are. They bring a few extra euros to the pot and makes the few places open feel worthwhile.

Cheers
Negg

Booking.com