Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101608 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #10380 on: September 16, 2023, 07:08:30 PM »
Hi
The first week has flown by.

Weather very good.

Found a new home on the south beach. Only have to walkout off Gratsela and we are on the beach.

Have booked Gratsela for next year.

Have just opened my 2nd jar of Colman’s. Somebody actually asked me the other day if they could have my mustard as they had none on their table.
They were not English ,but to create a harmonious relationship I said they could have a spoonful

Geoff

I had this dream that they were French and you swapped mustards. It would be the British thing to do.
Please tell me this happened

Negg

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10381 on: September 16, 2023, 09:44:45 PM »
Hi
Don’t think the French would appreciate an English mustard.
Don’t think they can really like their own, surely?
Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #10382 on: September 16, 2023, 10:30:25 PM »
Entente Cordiale , Geoff , Entente Cordiale.
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #10383 on: September 18, 2023, 05:21:27 PM »
At a 27 deg , 5pm , Arillas Today , I have nothing else left to do except type away merrily in the hope that by the time of finishing the post I can still see the screen. - Alcohol is a bummer, DONCHERKNOW?

I think Geoff (Turkeyfoot) is winging his way back to Rishie Sunak soon, as I have seen many discarded empty bottles of Colmans mustard on my travels.
I am probably wrong with dates but I wish him and his very good lady a safe trip home.

I expected a quiet Arillas today but nobody told others!!! - Still a busy 'ole time and lunchtime binges seem to be in fashion now. People seem to be eating earlier? - My thoughts only.

Kevin continues to bombard us with his A-Z which worries me as he should have found time to relax on a sunbed. - But , his loss is our gain. He must have a big Dickshonary!!! - Silly Words!! - Nonunovenem

Tomorrow is a changeover day , I think, so I eargerly await new faces, some of whom, after my constant rabbit, rabbit , may wish they were in Spain!!!

Cheers
Negg

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10384 on: September 18, 2023, 07:08:20 PM »
Hi Eggy

Spent two weeks at Gratsella enjoying their excellant hospitality. Already booked for next year

We arrived back in the UK today in torrential rain.

Gave my third jar of Colmans, unopened, to Demitrius at Brouklis before we left. He said he will enjoy it as he did last year. Its not often I am so generous with the yellow stuff.

Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #10385 on: September 19, 2023, 07:00:31 PM »
Hi Eggy

Spent two weeks at Gratsella enjoying their excellant hospitality. Already booked for next year

We arrived back in the UK today in torrential rain.

Gave my third jar of Colmans, unopened, to Demitrius at Brouklis before we left. He said he will enjoy it as he did last year. Its not often I am so generous with the yellow stuff.

Geoff

Geoff - I think he waters it down and serves it as Retsina!!!
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #10386 on: September 21, 2023, 05:18:12 PM »
A quiter Arillas today and , how do I know? -
Spare slots to park the Punto.
Less hire car drivers stopping dead in front of you.
No quad bikes with a signal continually showing left.
(Or the driver trying to take a selfie on a bend)
No one walking 6 abreast past Coconut

I think we only have serious people here now. (Except me of course and a Punto with a flat battery!!!)
Still 26deg though at 5pm but not enough to charge it!!
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #10387 on: September 28, 2023, 06:35:14 PM »
Arillas today is a definite wind down.
Twas good to sit with Phil , at Tria , and have a natter. I luv a natter with my Kavadaddes neighbour.
and , Kevin , yes... Yiannis is on the voting list for the Kavadaddes council
A few guests at Tria including Mary (of M & M) who looks very well. Your good pal Kev n Bev?

Twas also good to spend time at Beach Kostas and chat to Mister Cooker Vasillis who had no customers crying out for instant Gyros. (But that was 3pm and I bet he was a busy bunny later)
Also good to play some darts with Mr George who was not running from table to table.

Rainbow tommorow and I am sure that Dimitris will find time to get his darts dusted off and beat us all!!

We sit with 25deg and nottabad time to relax with a whiskle. (Whisky for sensible folk)
Cheers
Negg

Marina Pool bar still doing the bizz as are Grazella and others. (But less bizz to do now)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #10388 on: September 29, 2023, 06:00:50 PM »
Another 24/25deg time and Rainbow Dimi did have to time to hit a few doubles plus a 118 out;
Little Bugger!! - I did  1 double 3!! -Hard to do that!!!

Anyway another nice laid back day so good for all.

and.... someone came to our door today collecting old clothes for the needy.
(When they left I was naked!!!)
Cheers
Negg

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #10389 on: September 29, 2023, 06:49:38 PM »
Dimi is slowing up then mate ....... I remember when I was in there with you Mo and Dave and I saw him hit a maximum and I only watched him throw about 9 darts !!!!!   lol
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #10390 on: October 02, 2023, 05:28:03 PM »
Karl
When Dimi has fewer customers to concentrate on then his arrows take no prisoners!!

Tis yet another wind down Arillas with many spaces for many fleas to fart.
(Or I could say ...very quiet and not so many tourists around! - I prefer farting fleas!!)

Still 25 deg and still a body or two appearing from a bus or coach. Maybe these are wise ones who know what to expect from the beginning of October??

and..... Karl.. Darts Grand Prix starts this evening. - Luke Humpries 8/1 ? - WOTTASTEEELLL

Cheers
Negg 

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #10391 on: October 02, 2023, 06:33:02 PM »
I might have a flutter , my luck me be in when Wolves beat Man City mate ! 

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #10392 on: October 04, 2023, 06:35:07 PM »
Tis a quiet time here and the only excitement for me was Luke Humpfries winning his first round.
But... Karl ... Watch out for Luke Woodhouse! - A cover bet at 3/1 may be in order

Anyway.... a dry afternoon and quiet enough for Beach Kostas to close on friday for 20 days refurb.
Other places may follow suit quickly.
Obviously pool complexes will remain open to cater for late guests but all around it is a laid back time.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #10393 on: October 05, 2023, 05:32:22 PM »
October 5th and a super day?? = 26 deg at 5:30pm? = 4 large tables being fed at Beach Kostas? =
(Not the table but the people sat at them)
So..................WOTSALLTHATABOUT???
Negg

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #10394 on: October 05, 2023, 05:52:02 PM »
Good to hear there's still some custom to be had for the local business !   

Booking.com