Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3082109 times)

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #9585 on: February 20, 2021, 07:12:36 PM »
Hi Eggy

The enemy seems to get everywhere.

Unfortunately, as the mainland has an increasing daily contamination rate, together with an increased death rate, it will reach out to the islands.
Has your vaccination programme started yet?

Keep safe
Geoff

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9586 on: February 24, 2021, 06:31:32 PM »
Geoff - Really unsure if there is any vaccination program yet. Wegg is registered , for a jab , via the local Chemist but was told yesterday "No News Yet".
(I am too old to get one, at the moment so will get the leftovers)

The good news is,after 10 days of ringing for an appointment, reference our new Resident permits we now have a date of 1st July. She has been ringing the designated number around 30 times a day for 2 weeks and finally got through. The deadline is end of June, for permits. - They give us 1st July-- we go with the flow.
(I'm still been waiting for my Greek driving licence , for 4 months, Just driving on a stamped authorisation)
anyway.......................................
A warm Arillas morning and Wegg, after her "authorised exercise" told me is was about 18 deg.
(Still16 deg here at 7pm)
But....sadly her end of March flight, to the UK, has been cancelled and we hear today that we have 60 plus cases of Covid, reported in Corfu so far in February. My opinion is that Lockdown will be extended to. at least the end of March. If that does not produce results then a Corfu May is unlikely. - I hope I am wrong!!
The exchange rate is now e1.168. Let's hope you can get here to enjoy it!
Negg

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #9587 on: February 24, 2021, 08:45:02 PM »
Geoff - Really unsure if there is any vaccination program yet. Wegg is registered , for a jab , via the local Chemist but was told yesterday "No News Yet".
(I am too old to get one, at the moment so will get the leftovers)

The good news is,after 10 days of ringing for an appointment, reference our new Resident permits we now have a date of 1st July. She has been ringing the designated number around 30 times a day for 2 weeks and finally got through. The deadline is end of June, for permits. - They give us 1st July-- we go with the flow.
(I'm still been waiting for my Greek driving licence , for 4 months, Just driving on a stamped authorisation)
anyway.......................................
A warm Arillas morning and Wegg, after her "authorised exercise" told me is was about 18 deg.
(Still16 deg here at 7pm)
But....sadly her end of March flight, to the UK, has been cancelled and we hear today that we have 60 plus cases of Covid, reported in Corfu so far in February. My opinion is that Lockdown will be extended to. at least the end of March. If that does not produce results then a Corfu May is unlikely. - I hope I am wrong!!
The exchange rate is now e1.168. Let's hope you can get here to enjoy it!
Negg
  18 degrees here today as well Eggy, almost got a sun tan and forcast the same to weekend.

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Scottishyannis

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #9588 on: February 25, 2021, 01:41:55 PM »
Got my jag last Sat my flight on 26 May from Edi was cancelled but l got a flight from Glas for 313 £ all up !!!

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #9589 on: February 25, 2021, 04:10:15 PM »
Well, lets hope it wont get worse over there - fingers crossed! Stay safe a look after each other :)

I am patiently awaiting my vaccination turn here in Londinium and lots of people I know have had their 1st dose of the 5G already so they are happening and very efficiently according to from everyone who have been jabbed. ;)
Life is good ;)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9590 on: February 26, 2021, 07:22:53 PM »
Erja
A well behaved group around the Arillas area. - 22 deg , this afternoon and , apart from much strimming, cutting,digging, painting on home/business properties not much else.
Very sad to see an empty Arillas plus that empty beach. - Mid May could be a 70/30 in favour.
Bummer!!!!!
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9591 on: March 06, 2021, 01:51:14 PM »
Put this on "Arillas Today" hoping that many read this urgent e-mail from Dimitris(Jimmy) at Rainbow.
Taken from facebook this morning. - Negg

Hallo all ...
Just found out that our e.mail address has been hacked..
Please don't send any money or information we have never asked for any deposites..
Please share ..

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #9592 on: March 07, 2021, 12:39:06 PM »
I have shared this word for word yo Arillas Addicts. Thanks for putting it on. xx

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9593 on: March 07, 2021, 07:03:38 PM »
Bravo , our Viv. !!!!
Arillas today?? - We have an average of 15 deg and warm. Even on a Sunday, strimmers/cutters/saws are working away. - Summer must be on it's way!
Tis all a noise that we all appreciate 'cause chores are being done and even the Church bells, ringing away this morning, mean "Diddley Squat" as no one should be there ,anyway.
Sundays should be quiet here but.... we get quiet every day  at the mo. - DONCHYERKNOW.?

and.... rumour has it that Tria are erecting high fencing to repel the arivall of Kev n Bev.
Hope you got a ladder , Kev! _ Billy , however always has a free pass 'cause he's a good 'ole lad.
Cheers
Negg

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9594 on: March 08, 2021, 01:36:10 PM »

Hi Neil

Nicola and Brett are coming out with us as well
Anyway I am taking a pair wire cutters so I can get in

Kev

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9595 on: March 08, 2021, 02:58:27 PM »

Hi Neil

Nicola and Brett are coming out with us as well
Anyway I am taking a pair wire cutters so I can get in

Kev

Hi

Would be interesting to see what the x rays etc at the airports made of them lol

Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9596 on: March 08, 2021, 05:20:14 PM »
Geoff
He will hide them under his vest and say it's a pacemaker.

Weather here very good at the mo and much work being done by all. But... and I say it again, very hard to get the motivation.
- Same for everyone, but the Greeks seem to have a way to get past the slump that others feel.

Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9597 on: March 12, 2021, 05:56:50 PM »
Currently just before 6pm here and still enjoying a 21 deg outside temp.
Must make the most of this as rain is forecast from Sunday.
Bonfires , chainsaws, strimmers and tractor noise ,springing up, around us but we all must do our best to take a good advantage of a super day.
....... feels like a slight "return to the norm"
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9598 on: March 21, 2021, 07:12:26 PM »
A stinker, of a day , here with continuous drizzle and a tad on the cold side.
Now..... from 6pm we get heavy winds and rain with the usual thunder and lightnening. Looks to be set for all evening and I fully expected the Greek Governent to give a TV news flash saying.....
....... "Special dispensation, for tonight only , all Tavernas can be open for customers!!" - Yeah right!!
At least we do not need an excuse to stay in.
We have lamb tonight , providing power cuts do not spoil that lovely thought.
As for lockdown?? - Mid May for guests is a little like me hitting double twenty blindfolded!!
I expect to be like a big "dollipey" amoeba soaking down into the sofa by then.
(Only recognised by the bald top and specs)
Cheers
Negg

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #9599 on: March 21, 2021, 08:21:44 PM »
So sorry Neil.  As a summer visitor it is hard to imagine cold wet weather where you are.  If its any consolation its only 10 degrees with a cold wind from the northwest here in Lincolnshire.
Sadly the omens for holidays abroad this year do not look good and you might have to sink into your sofa for a lot longer.  While half the adult population in England has been vaccinated the same can't be said for the continent of Europe and the politicians are indicating they think Covid will still be rampant there for much longer.  Who would have thought 12 months ago that the situation would be as it is?  Certainly I expected to be on a Greek Island in May this year, but am now just waiting for the refund.
Best wishes, Pat

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Booking.com