Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3020468 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #9210 on: July 03, 2020, 06:27:27 PM »
Forgot to say but if you want an "eye opener" as to how quiet it is. - Take a look , on U-tube, at SIDARI JUNE 2020. - You will find it if you search. - Negg

Offline jackson

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #9211 on: July 04, 2020, 02:09:22 PM »
Just watched the vidio of the vanlife family in sidari as you suggested neil and it is absolutly deserted save for the odd bike, really is a shame for all concerned, cracking vid of the place they were at all the same.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9212 on: July 04, 2020, 03:58:03 PM »
Jackson - Sad to see it , is it not?
32 deg here at 4pm and really good to see the beach in use. - Yes , sunbeds are in use but I think this is a break even ploy for those concerned. - (Still not sure if they need the licence to start from May.- If so they have lost 10 weeks revenue)
Who knows.??
Meanwhile Arillas is waking up!!!
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9213 on: July 05, 2020, 06:40:53 PM »
Arillas today and no complaints, from me, for not finding a place to rest my Punto on the sea front. - Good to see a busy time going on and happy bunnies all round.
Beach Kostas was busy and spoke with family members from the Czech Replublic plus many German accents around, and I know that Holland supplied us with a guest or two.
Marvel Hotel pool is filled and ready and I am sure that the two Bardis's are now ready.
24 deg at 6:30pm after a tad of thunder/lightning and a short shower.
Good to see Arillas beginning to buzz.
Heard a plane going over Kavadaddes earlier!! - As long as nobody parachutes into our garden, for testing, then it can only be good for Corfu)
Cheers
Negg

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #9214 on: July 05, 2020, 08:50:23 PM »
Good to hear things livening up :) I have hope of actually getting there in 6 weeks time :D
Life is good ;)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9215 on: July 07, 2020, 09:31:03 AM »
Erja
A respectable 24deg ,to start us off, this morning. Arillas looking much busier, last night, than it has been for a long 'ole time.
Grazella fairly busy, as were all other places, but still not enough guests to share. But ... tis on the move and providing no "covid" reported from "incoming" then should get better.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9216 on: July 08, 2020, 05:44:36 PM »
30 deg at 5:30pm and a very good afternoon , for all , in Arillas. - Beach Kostas were very busy with various nice people and with accents I could not identify. - But.... happy bunnies are happy bunnies!
anyway.... I am in the doghouse as Wegg sent me off to a Supermarket to get a new MOP HEAD
So...... I came home with this....

cheers
Negg

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #9217 on: July 08, 2020, 06:14:37 PM »
Was that a Mop Head or Moped.
She will be very disappointed if you brought a Mop Head and she wanted a MOPED

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9218 on: July 08, 2020, 06:40:23 PM »
John - You have now given me food for thought , on the next pic.
At some point I have to retire these heads. - But , when you take Punto into Nickos(garage) tis funny , when you collect it  and he says - " Looked in the back and found 3 heads staring at me" - does put you off , somewhat.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9219 on: July 10, 2020, 06:36:34 PM »
I sit with 34 deg , outside , at 6:30 pm and would think that Arillas, today , has given all guests, from various nationalities, an afternoon they will be proud of.
For me ,in Sidari , it is sad to see what resembles a Ghost Town. No traffic , apart from the three vehicles driving along the wrong way of the one way strip. (Plus of course the Greek vehicles which met them !!)

We try and keep the house cool but cannot get it below 25 deg at the mo. Our cat's have the right idea and I do not know where they vanish to but it must be a good place.
(Sleep - home - eat - sleep - what a wunderful life- We are just a vending machine!!)

Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9220 on: July 14, 2020, 06:28:37 PM »
Arillas , this afternoon , hovered around the 31 deg mark. Got to "Beach Kostas" a tad late as gave a lift to a plant walking to Afionas (See Walking Around Corfu) -  Sadly he "weed" on the way there so needed to open the windows. Erja - I didn't hear him when he said "Can I Biss??" , if that is how you spell it.
(Walking Around Corfu again)
Anyway ...twas a mild buzz, in Arillas , and good to see places open and the beach doing what is does best. - A nice afternoon and a steady flow of guests who seem to be trying all that is open.
(I say this because I see people in Kostas that were in Grazella yesterday)
They look like Brouklis evening customers to me - Good oh ! Spread it around and enhance your hols. DATSWOTISAY!!
Cheers
Negg

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #9221 on: July 14, 2020, 06:53:12 PM »
We tend to spread our custom as much as we can but we will be doing it even more so this year ……. all being well anyway !
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #9222 on: July 16, 2020, 03:23:10 PM »
Erja - I didn't hear him when he said "Can I Biss??" , if that is how you spell it.

:D it is KIPPIS!
Life is good ;)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9223 on: July 16, 2020, 05:19:17 PM »
Erja - "Biss" "Kippis" or a word nearer than those two. -
(Just spread it around as long as I have got an Umbrella , courtesy of Kevin)
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9224 on: July 16, 2020, 06:02:56 PM »
31deg at 6pm and a very good Arillas today.
Thallasa is planned to open in a week's time. Was to be earlier but have an electrical problem.
(Thought they were open before but were just planning their table layout.)
 Arilllas needs all the tourists it can get. This makes it bad for me as I have to think twice before running anyone over!! ( Not me to take trade from anyone!!! )
Rainbow open and looking good. Brouklis probably wants more tables but not allowed!! - Beach Kostas and Grazella offer the view plus a fun time. (and food , of course) and..... I must find out if Thomas's is open.
(Vavilas)
Cheers
Negg.

Booking.com