Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3082076 times)

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #9090 on: March 19, 2020, 05:28:41 PM »

Hi
The people who are doing well money wise
Is the pay view TV companies advertising films on special deals someone is all ways ready to make money

Kev

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9091 on: March 19, 2020, 06:35:12 PM »
Who needs pay per view?? - Sat on a bench, this afternoon, with a beer , enjoying 23deg and very warm.
Pleasant surroundings and very quiet. - Greek TV at home , if needed , plus a full UK TV package for 24e per month.
(Includes sports channels but sadly no sports at the mo)
Probably a few pics tomorrow, if I can escape the garden spade and paintbrush!!!
Cheers
Negg

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #9092 on: March 19, 2020, 08:56:00 PM »
That sounds idyllic, Eggy, especially the warm temperature.  It sounds as if you won't have any trouble parking your Punto over the next few weeks!
The constant rain here is having a break for a few days and I set about mowing the back lawn this afternoon.  However my 16 year old mower gave up the ghost when I was three quarters of the way through.  Now I have to sit about until a replacement turns up.  Life is never dull.
All the best to all forum folk at this difficult time - Pat

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9093 on: March 20, 2020, 06:20:30 PM »
Thanks PJ. - I always pass "Arilliac" greetings on. - Pity you are not here with your  mower. - I could find some work for you.
Arillas today still donates 26deg at 6pm.
and ... the first living being I bumped into???

Meet Linda- The new addition to Kostas on the beach. She knows my Punto and knows she always get a biccie , or two. - Obviously missing all her other "guests" as she generally is spoiled rotten.

.... and Arillas Beach???

all dressed up for the party but no-one to invite.

and spare a thought for this empty jetty - Longing for the bench and bums to put on it.

all in all ... a sad tme all over the World. - Ner seen Arillas this quiet when March is coming to an end.

We are very lucky here , at the moment , as no change to our shopping routine, no petrol queues, no cases reported. - But.... we must not be too complacent!!
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9094 on: March 21, 2020, 05:45:55 PM »
Arillas , this morning , welcomed Wegg for a beach meander. - With her trusty mobile she sneaked a couple of pics. (North End and South End)

20deg , this morning and still 18deg at 6pm. - A tad worried that I keep posting and offering you guys something that potentially could be out of reach for while.
I think I may just leave it alone for a few days , as I feel guilty being here to appreciate all this, when you are facing such a hard time in the UK.
Wegg and I are helpless here as we should be in the UK with family especially her elderly parents. Support via e-mail is not enough.
Be Well , Guys.
Negg

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #9095 on: March 21, 2020, 06:07:57 PM »
Neil: We appreciate your concern for our welfare, just as we all wish you and yours freedom from this virus.
However please don't stop spreading a little cheer through news and photographs (plus jests and jokes).  Am sure many of us are having more time to spend on our media devices that we were only a short while ago, (and I can't even mow the lawn until a new mower arrives!)

All the best - Pat

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9096 on: March 21, 2020, 11:06:04 PM »
Definitely keep posting pics! Its going to keep us going in these strange times, stay safe everyone xxx

Offline Ann K

• Arillas Addict
  • Arillas! Arillas! Arillas!
« Reply #9097 on: March 22, 2020, 12:21:15 PM »
I concur with Patrick and Ger.  Please do keep posting Eggy.  My daily peek at the forum and webcam brightens my day. Take care all forum members and remember, this will all eventually end and Arillas will be waiting.
Ann x

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #9098 on: March 22, 2020, 03:44:30 PM »
No please don't stop, looking for your post is the only thing that's keeping me sane. xx

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9099 on: March 23, 2020, 09:21:33 AM »
Cheers to all. - I quite often re-read my posts, looking for spelling errors etc, and felt they were becoming a tad "Yah-Boo-Sucks to you". Obviously not meant to be. - However, we awake , this morning, to news that stricter rules have been implemented by Greece. - Many are ignoring self ISO here. Police are enforced to stop and check anyone they believe are flouting the rules. I can read a little Greek and think there have been 16 deaths in Athens.
Dimitris will keep us all updated, I am sure.
Wegg off shopping this morning. - Our usual weekly shop so will update you when she returns.
... Meanwhile....... 12deg and rain, this morning. - I think we are still allowed out , for exercise , so may potter off, on my own, for a while.
Negg

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #9100 on: March 23, 2020, 12:26:17 PM »
Stay Safe.xx

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #9101 on: March 23, 2020, 01:15:32 PM »
Hi Neil
Keep well and safe, Wendy will fill up on the food front I'm sure. Is the Ouzo stock in good order ?,
You will still need your social comfort even if you are drinking alone.
Boris now has me locked down due to my transplant.  Dot like most front line workers battles on, making sure the healthcare centres are as clean as they can be.
And Phil's wedding looks a no go as Spain is locked down. (no wedding will be a small price to pay if we all come out the other end).
They will still  have a registry office wedding with two whitnesses providing it will be allowed.

To all the Arillas forum members who are not going to make it to our favourite place.
Keep well and keep safe.
If Boris asks us to do things differently, DO IT
We all need to return when its OK to do so

And to the friends and people of Arillas, Corfu and Greece. Please keep well and safe, do what you need to do and let's look forward to meeting again.
Love to you all
Dot & John Xxx

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #9102 on: March 23, 2020, 02:40:34 PM »
Keep the pics coming please Neil!
Keep safe everyone especially you Ref . Boris will be red carding us all soon I am sure !
I sat typing working from home , well in the garden actually as its a beautiful day!
Be lucky y'all
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #9103 on: March 23, 2020, 04:06:35 PM »
Hi Karl
It is a nice day in the Black Country.
Enjoy the sunshine.
Keep safe, take care
Yes the full lockdown is only a matter of time.

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9104 on: March 23, 2020, 04:08:10 PM »

Hi

Yes keep pics coming Neil.
No photos of your empty ouzo bottles haha
Our neighbors both sides of us have text us to see if we okay or need anything very good of them
I got go in hospital for a Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Screening next Tuesday
Because my heart condition
Look after yourself Ref  and others on the forum all be safe don’t mix with other people

I have been tidying up the back garden today what a lovely day
Bev is still working from home
Nic is running around from surgery to surgery sorting things out

Kev

Booking.com