Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101389 times)

Offline Barry

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #8310 on: July 03, 2017, 05:47:45 PM »
Arillas is very quiet at the moment. Been blowing a gale all last night and today. Beach is practically deserted apart from one or two brave souls playing in the waves. Still nice to be here though having a beer or two on our balcony at the Marina. Last day tomorrow before flying back on Wednesday. Been a very warm two weeks.  Back for more at the end of September.
Barry and Christine.

Offline BevB

« Reply #8311 on: July 04, 2017, 02:25:41 PM »
Just beautiful, so happy #firsttimer 😍

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8312 on: July 04, 2017, 10:58:46 PM »
Now come on Bev you can't leave us like this! Welcome to the forum dying to know where you are staring etc xx

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8313 on: July 05, 2017, 08:31:10 AM »
Now come on Bev you can't leave us like this! Welcome to the forum dying to know where you are staring etc xx

....... Probably at my Punto , Jo , wondering how it can still be "on the Road".

A very nice respectable 22 deg start to Arillas Today.

Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8314 on: July 06, 2017, 09:17:54 AM »
I cannot believe we are now at the beginning of July. Where has all the time gone?? - Looks very much like another hot dry Arillas Today and already at 22 deg by 8:30 a.m.
To be honest, 3 weeks of this, is more than enough , for me. Too much of a good thing.

Missed a "Kalo Taxidi" to "Riggers" (John n Sue) as the leave early this morning. - I thought it was Friday. - Bugger.

Anyway....... today I will be researching "Bingo" and the "Speel" given to the numbers. Why , you ask??
Well, tomorrow evening at Rainbow they have a Bingo Night and I am doing the calling.
9:30 Friday and support is welcome. - Must remember to take reading glasses and keep off the ouzo as who knows what numbers will be called!!  Support welcome as would be good to see a few faces I know.

Cheers
Negg

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #8315 on: July 06, 2017, 11:15:42 AM »
We are arriving at the rainbow tomorrow so if we're still awake we might join in x
Karen

Offline thinwhiteduke

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #8316 on: July 06, 2017, 11:43:14 AM »
Arillas is very quiet at the moment. Been blowing a gale all last night and today. Beach is practically deserted apart from one or two brave souls playing in the waves. Still nice to be here though having a beer or two on our balcony at the Marina. Last day tomorrow before flying back on Wednesday. Been a very warm two weeks.  Back for more at the end of September.
Barry and Christine.

Hi hope you had a nice time. We are staying at the Marina next Month and are really looking forward to our first visit to Arillas. Could you tell me whether they supply towels for the beach and pool?
Thanks

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8317 on: July 06, 2017, 01:29:04 PM »
Never stayed there so can't help but I doubt it. What a wonderful choice of accommodation though. Have often had breakfast there sitting looking at the gorgeous view of the sea and also you must book for the Saturday night Greek dancing. Great night but it does get booked up. The food and family at the Marina are gorgeous.

Offline wetty

« Reply #8318 on: July 06, 2017, 03:19:31 PM »
Hi, there are towels in the bathroom, but bring your own beach/pool towel. We are there for the last week of July, can't wait. As others have said, you will have a great time.

Offline thinwhiteduke

« Reply #8319 on: July 06, 2017, 04:44:48 PM »
Never stayed there so can't help but I doubt it. What a wonderful choice of accommodation though. Have often had breakfast there sitting looking at the gorgeous view of the sea and also you must book for the Saturday night Greek dancing. Great night but it does get booked up. The food and family at the Marina are gorgeous.

Thanks not long now!

Offline thinwhiteduke

« Reply #8320 on: July 06, 2017, 04:45:15 PM »
Hi, there are towels in the bathroom, but bring your own beach/pool towel. We are there for the last week of July, can't wait. As others have said, you will have a great time.

Many thanks.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8321 on: July 06, 2017, 07:06:50 PM »
General rule , for all , is maybe some small towels for apt/room use but bring yer own beach towels. This is such a small "price to pay" as "Marina Family" plus super food and service is excellent. Be careful though, as if you enjoy the food and company so much you will never get on the beach.

But.............with 31 deg here , for Arillas Today , at 7pm, I would think the beach is still being used.

Cheers
Negg

Offline thinwhiteduke

« Reply #8322 on: July 07, 2017, 02:19:28 PM »
Just heard from Vasilis at the Marina who has said he will find some beach towels for us to use. Nice chap!
We only use family run hotels and have found that where we have stayed previously in Turkey and Crete that they do supply beach and pool towels.

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8323 on: July 07, 2017, 02:49:46 PM »
Ah! That is kind of him. Extra mile again.

Offline Barry

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #8324 on: July 08, 2017, 10:56:58 PM »
Back home now after two wonderful weeks at the Marina. Couldn't fault the hotel in any way. We've eaten there in the past and the food was as good as ever. Having breakfast there every morning was fabulous. Vasilis and the rest of the staff couldn't do enough for us. I was chatting to Vasillis about the first time I went to Arillas 25 years ago when his dad used to take us back to the apartments we were staying at up past the brewery in his BMW car , Vasillis pointed across the road, they still have the car. Will be back at the end of September for 2 weeks but staying next door at Alex studios.
Barry and Christine.

Booking.com