Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101710 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #8250 on: May 07, 2017, 06:47:27 PM »
Coys
I hope you spent much time appreciating their new sign as well as the food. Thomas is a good guy and very genuine , like all here.

Hope you enjoyed the 25 deg this afternoon but a shame to see an near empty beach, 'cept for the odd brave adventurer.
(The bench?? - Well in football terms , it stayed on the bench)

Anyway , if your afternoon was only half as good as mine then you had a cracker!!

Negg

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #8251 on: May 07, 2017, 08:35:59 PM »
Thank you for passing on the message from the Bardis family Eggy. We feel just the same about them after 6 years of spending most of July with them. And of course, all of our friends who have shared it with us. Arillas Today sounds as good as ever. The beach looks better than ever and I have a feeling it will be the best season ever for our Greek friends. All of them.

Please keep posting Arillas Today in this tough summer for us, the first time in 15 years that we won't be sharing any of it.

Phil

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8252 on: May 09, 2017, 10:05:09 AM »

Well after some heavy rain overnight we now have fluffy clouds and blue skies. The temperature has dropped but it's a beautiful day again.

Ideal walking weather....not that we intend to walk very far😃  maybe just do the circuit around the village, stop at Beach Point for drinks and cake and hope the afternoon brings better temperatures. Dinner last night was our second visit to Brouklis and chatting with Viv and Pete again... tonight I think we will be at Vavilas with Thomas and his lovely family.

For those of you who stay at the Mathraki like us there has been some work done over the winter but I am not going to reveal anything just see for yourselves when you arrive.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8253 on: May 09, 2017, 08:14:04 PM »
I'll be staying at the Mathraki for the first time this July Val so it will all be new to me and the other half! We had a walk up to have a quick peek last summer and it already looked great to us...very peaceful. Bliss!

Have a lovely holiday

Suzy x

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #8254 on: May 09, 2017, 08:32:22 PM »
Enjoy the holiday Val and Bill just miss you this time we come in late on Sunday 21st
Perhaps later in the year, back for our usual July and again in September (Beer Festival)
Have fun
WISH WE WERE THERE

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #8255 on: May 10, 2017, 12:39:16 AM »
Please keep posting Arillas Today Val'nBill. And thank you for today's installment. Have a great time

Phil

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8256 on: May 10, 2017, 01:39:02 PM »
Yes thanks for the update Val, looking forward to more.

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8257 on: May 10, 2017, 06:30:21 PM »

Arillas today has been beautiful.... hot but with a warm breeze, needless to say we have been doing nothing, we have lay on our sun beds and had breakfast and lunch at the pool bar and it is now just after 6pm and  going upstairs for a shower before we decide where we will eat to-night.i

Last night we were stopped on the road by a couple who recognise us from our forum photograph and it turned out that they live very near us....What a coincidence 😀

The fireflies are out in abundance, the fields and roadsides are lit up with them as soon as it gets dark, walking back to the Mathraki last night we had our own guides flashing all the way up the hill. 

Val x

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #8258 on: May 10, 2017, 08:16:54 PM »
The fireflies are out in abundance, the fields and roadsides are lit up with them as soon as it gets dark, walking back to the Mathraki last night we had our own guides flashing all the way up the hill. 

Val x

We are a couple of weeks later this year, so we hope the fireflies hang around another few weeks.
Just love the magic of the fireflies

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #8259 on: May 10, 2017, 09:42:12 PM »
Really miss the fireflies since we switched to August visits 😕 .
Every time we've been the last week in May Ref there have always been plenty about so I'm sure they will put on a show for you mate 😊
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8260 on: May 11, 2017, 12:45:12 PM »
I was really surprised to see fireflies in Phuket. I have never been to Arillas in May so never seen them before. BTW Thailand bizarrely reminded me of Cofu in a lot of ways,  with the geckos and mozzies also.   The mozzies however were not as bad as in Corfu which was a nice surprise.

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8261 on: May 11, 2017, 05:17:53 PM »

Quite a cool day today, which was a big surprise. Bill had to put long trousers on because he was cold, lots of people walking around with coats on!!

Our pool has been abandoned by everyone all day which means better takings in the bar,  we just hope tomorrow will be warmer so we can lay on our sunbeds.

Last night we had dinner at the Marina... tonight we will be back at Brouklis.
Efi's is not open yet, hopefully it will be by the weekend.

It's now only 5pm but seems later because there is no sun only clouds so the woolly jumpers we packed "just in case" will be put to good use. Just hope we will be able to watch the sunset as usual.

Val x

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8262 on: May 11, 2017, 05:34:29 PM »
Well , Sonia, those fireflies, over there, do bite quite aggressively, so just remember to say "Bugger" and do not name the place you are staying, if bitten.
Val n Bill are not wrong with "Arillas Today" which was around that 21 deg mark. But , we can forgive that as, when stood on the sea front and viewing the size of the beach........???? - We forgive everything.
Bill??  .. with long strides?? - WOTSTHATALLABOUT?? - Hope they had nice turn ups and were of a tweed nature.
(Arillas would even forgive "plus fours". - "Golfer" it Bill , start a trend!)
Will see you guys on Saturday, with Viv n Pete, who, today looked a very perky pair.(They must be enjoying something somewhere)

Meanwhile... Eggy has a head ache which is probably due to a tad of work and "tonic water", plus of course, a small darts k/o at Tria Adelphia, last night. Sometimes very stressful having a good time. (and y'all think It's all fun here!!)

Cheers
Negg

Offline annec

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
    • Random Things Through my Letterbox
« Reply #8263 on: May 12, 2017, 03:49:13 PM »

Quite a cool day today, which was a big surprise. Bill had to put long trousers on because he was cold, lots of people walking around with coats on!!

Our pool has been abandoned by everyone all day which means better takings in the bar,  we just hope tomorrow will be warmer so we can lay on our sunbeds.

Last night we had dinner at the Marina... tonight we will be back at Brouklis.
Efi's is not open yet, hopefully it will be by the weekend.

It's now only 5pm but seems later because there is no sun only clouds so the woolly jumpers we packed "just in case" will be put to good use. Just hope we will be able to watch the sunset as usual.

Val x

Hello Val n Bill!   We've been watching the Mathraki improvements over the last few months on Facebook and Instagram, it looks great! I believe you will be back in June?  We arrive on Monday 5 June, for 2 weeks - hope you'll be there!  Anne and Martin xxxx

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #8264 on: May 12, 2017, 10:18:30 PM »
Thanks for the update ValnBill. Keep 'em coming!

Phil

Booking.com