Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101518 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #8100 on: October 12, 2016, 05:29:56 PM »
But Guys!! ............................ WOT DO WE AVE ... at 5:30pm ????
A dry 22 deg. The Beer festival must be 'appening now!

Arillas Today and the way all the local residents have pitched in to make the roads etc more respectable,, play a major part in this.

I am sure that a great deal f clearing up has been done up around Ag.Steph also to ensure you guys get to enjoy this festival without standing in a foot of water.

Cheers
Negg

Offline paulkidner

« Reply #8101 on: October 14, 2016, 01:11:35 PM »
Live stream looks like another lovely day. Parasols now all gone and waiting for Winter.
Roll on next time.

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #8102 on: October 14, 2016, 05:44:15 PM »
Today is another day. I t has been like midsummer, with cloudless skies and folks sitting at the back in Beach Point. Not me, I was soaking up the sun as I tucked into Gyros. A first for me - aren't they huge? I needed a doggy bag which has just gone into the fridge. Maybe avrio....tival

The damage to the road was being worked on this morning and two intrepid (old) ladies were taking advantage of the new piece of sea. Many others were enjoying what one chap described as "like a bath." Not me though - I spent my regulation 2 hours watching Gravia from Graziella. Totally forgot that I should be meeting Neill, riggers and Cheryl at Brouklis to head off to San Stef and visit Margerita at 3W. So sorry folks, but it was my loss. Sorry..........

Tonight I have been ordered to take the bus to the Festival, so that's what I will do. Full of Gyros, rather fancying a siesta, but orders are orders. Arillas Today is a very pleasant place to be.

Phil

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #8103 on: October 14, 2016, 10:49:56 PM »
The Beer Festival is superb. Free VIP minibus delivered you to the venue from outside Armourada, and took you back every few minutes. Tonight it wasn't Corfu meets Italy, but the group I heard sang all the wonderful Irish folk songs of my youth. My little sample of it was Corfu meets Ireland. Many were starting to dance, and the beer was perfect. It was wonderful.

So well organised (pinch yourself, this is Corfu....) Even the temporary toilets were spotless and being cleaned constantly. As a veteran of Glastonbury I sort of understand these things.... There was a simple system of buying tickets for beer (3 euro) souvlakia (2 euro) and more besides, but I'm afraid I didn't read on past the beer and food. An absolutely fabulous event - I will probably go again tomorrow.

Phil

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8104 on: October 15, 2016, 11:32:17 AM »
And........................as an added bonus, Phil, Arillas kept the rain at bay for y'all.
20deg and dry , at 11 a.m. ..... but I won't push my luck and say anymore.

Cheryl n Riggs must be at the Airport , by now , and I am pozz they had a good time. Jebbo also gone and many others to follow.
Rainbow's last night , tonight, as is Kostas on Beach. Not sure about others, except that Gratsela is plugging on. Brouklis of course is still there to welcome all , next week, and Thomas's , I think , may be catching more fresh fish, for latecomers, next week.

Cheers
Negg

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8105 on: October 16, 2016, 06:03:58 AM »
Back home and still on Greek time, wide awake but happy with my lot! I had a brilliant week, saw every weather possible, drank my body weight in Mythos at least twice, spent time with lovely people, some not seen for a while but as ever, felt like no time had passed since we last met, thank you for your company!

I am glad the Beer Festival was good, maybe we went too early and didn't understand the system which is why there was no beer!

I cannot praise the family at Makris enough, it is a truly lovely place to stay.

Until May, stay safe all and I hope the weather is kinder than of late!
Cheryl O

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #8106 on: October 16, 2016, 11:09:50 AM »
I'm glad you had a good time Cheryl! It looks like the week has been warm and wet in equal measure. Experiencing Arillas with its changeable weather at a quieter time of year and going to the Beer Festival is something that's on my bucket list too.

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8107 on: October 16, 2016, 12:40:50 PM »
Thank you, Cypress, it was wonderful! You can fit it all in next year and I hope you are starting to feel better.
Cheryl O

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #8108 on: October 16, 2016, 06:05:58 PM »
A beautiful post from a beautiful woman. I had the privilege to spend quality time with dear Cheryl, Eggy and riggers. Arillas brings us together in a way that must be unique. I am still here and in my one solitary week, there was the deluge and an earthquake which Yiota told me was 5.5 on the Richter scale. The glass shelf was rattling in the Nut.

Arillas Today tried to do it all again, with as little success as me declining another Mythos. I was trapped in Beach Point believing that it was "Apocalypse Now" but within the hour I was supping in Kostas on the Beach. Right now the sun is shining and it is warm. Maybe 20C. Nobody has a clue what to wear, so I am just keeping me cardi on...... I don't do cold.

Many places are still open but not all. The exchange rate is terrible, maybe 1.10. It is still a pleasant place to be, which has filled my memory banks with new and special experiences. Arillas Today is missing many bladdy tourists who have just left,  but  is working its magic on those of us left here. I am missing my family, and torn in two. I could stay here forever, but I leave tomorrow. "All alone and Abandoned in Arillas." Believe that and you'd believe anything.

Phil

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8109 on: October 16, 2016, 09:02:03 PM »
Enjoy the rest of your time there, Phil, I think your next visit will be such fun, finding new places to sit and enjoy the views!  Until we meet again, take care and carry on loving life, it's what it's for xx
Cheryl O

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #8110 on: October 17, 2016, 12:36:30 AM »
Enjoy the rest of your hols Phil
Glad you had a great time Cheryl x
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8111 on: October 17, 2016, 08:53:40 AM »
Until May, stay safe all and I hope the weather is kinder than of late!

Stay safe until May , Cheryl??? - What have you got planned for May then? - Should we be worried??
Negg

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8112 on: October 17, 2016, 05:51:45 PM »
Haha Eggy yes you need to be scared! May brings a family wedding and all the relatives will be arriving! Think a few trips out will be needed for me xx
Cheryl O

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #8113 on: October 17, 2016, 06:03:16 PM »
Arillas Today?? - Hmmmm...... It's a sort of day when you cannot believe that you could be so sad to find a closed Rainbow. -- Kostas on the Beach where a dartboard and good company is not available. But Thalassa still have their good service as usual and Beach Point are still looking after those who like to sit and look out over that sea and take in the 24 deg on offer. Gratsella is still open but these "tired" ole legs of mine never got that far to check.
Tis an Arillas Today that finds me laid back , as laid back could be , in Armourada with new friends, We put the World in the right direction, this afternoon.
And.... we cannot forget Sharon's Pool Bar, where she and partner Stamatis (Sammy) have looked after many, this Summer. Open today and now have the time to spend with guests. They probably solved the Greek financial problem, this afternoon.

I never found Phil , in Arillas Today, but just maybe Phil needed some prime time , on his own. We all need that at some point. My little prime time , for Arillas Today, was not only a bonus , at Armourada , but an extra bonus at Three W, Ag Steph, where Margeritta and I also solved the Greek financial problem.

Wegg and I will relax , tonight, at a Brouklis where , no doubt we will wish Phil a "Kalo Taxidi" and then take life as it comes.- Still laid back , of course.

and.. of course , we all need to be ready for that May family wedding. Seven months mental preparation for that one. I can see Cheryl dancing on the table now.
(Not good for either my blood pressure of pacemaker)

Cheers
Negg

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #8114 on: October 17, 2016, 09:30:18 PM »
Haha Eggy yes you need to be scared! May brings a family wedding and all the relatives will be arriving! Think a few trips out will be needed for me xx
You never mentioned that when we shared a beer! Perhaps you may have done! Lol
I am sure it will be great.
Keep smiling
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Booking.com