Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101717 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #7980 on: June 05, 2016, 11:57:43 AM »
Sandra - Do you want my excuses , for playing badly, now or should I keep them 'till you are here?
Nice 21 deg and dry here so looks to be yet another good Arillas Today.

Cheers
Negg

Offline sandraandjim

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #7981 on: June 05, 2016, 05:20:51 PM »
Haha Eggy, think last year's 'excuse' was good enough to cover this year as well!! Take care and see you soon x

Sandra and Jim

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7982 on: July 04, 2016, 05:00:01 PM »
Arillas Today welcomes Phil n Jen to a 31 deg hottie where "Treats" do melt in yer hand as well as yer mouth. (Old Advert "plug" here)
And....... "STOP PRESS" - Just had an e-mail that "Hels Bels" have arrived - WOTSTHATALLABOUT ??

As these guys pour in we say "Byeee" to Mick n Mary , of M & M fame , (Get in the bowl Mick) another ad plug here.
(They leave later today , me-thinks!)

Spud is hovering around , if not found dozing on a bed in the pool.
Scottish Yianis continues to potter about after deciding to stay another week and re-book his flight.

Steve n Mary hiding somewhere - Malcolm on his "Mobility Turbo" as is Sue of Sue Simcox. Brave lass Sue to put up with those aches n pains.
(Hat off to you n Roger)

Apologies to Sandra n Jim - Never did get some darts but a big problem for me tumbling down those steps after the storm. Leg n shoulder getting better though.

Glad Sonia n all enjoy the "Owl Experience" and very pleased to see the rubbish vanishing. A big thanks should go to many Arillas locals who stepped up and tried to maintain a tidy area. ( As did many other places )

Sunbeds are in great demand and have seen the post on them. Just remember , you guys , that a license is issued , by the local council, purely for using a plot of beach to rent some beds. It's a money earner for local Tavernas, on the front. But... equally remember that the beach is free so if you want to plonk a beach mat down then go for it. I have seen many other nationalities stick a beach mat alongside a sunbed with someone on it.
--- Do we Brits have the b--ls to do that. ?
Puzzled as to why there are flower pots positioned along the front, on parking areas, in front of the benches. These lose parking spaces for up to 8 vehicles.
Be like me and move the pots so you can park.

So.... a good day had by all and another good day will be had by more avrio. - For me a P & J and a "Helluva" meet is on the cards.
Stay well
Negg

All in all a good day and will be a super evening for many

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7983 on: July 05, 2016, 06:46:03 PM »
32 deg at nearly 7pm?? - WOTSALLTHATABOUT??

A very nice chilled time with "Hels Bels" this pm but no Phil n Jen - Yet another WOTSALLTHATABOUT. - Catch 'em soon . DONCHYERKNOW.

Parking spaces are very hard to find, in Arillas, which leads me to think that life is "goog" for all . - Sorry Erja a tad of word poaching here.

Phil , no doubt will see this little ditty and respond with a time n place for a meet avrio.

Cheers
Negg

Offline sandraandjim

« Reply #7984 on: July 06, 2016, 12:20:25 AM »
Neil, there's always next year and no excuses!!   Blackpool starts 16th, let us know who you fancy to win so that we know who not to back ourselves haha,  good to see you again

Sandra and Jim

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7985 on: July 06, 2016, 09:28:11 AM »
Arillas Today is still the favourite place to be for nearly everyone we meet. They all have stories galore of how many weeks this time, how many visits, number of weeks and so on. Our 14 years and 29 visits feels like we're still beginners!

Apart from sleeping (Jen all morning, Phil all afternoon) our first day culminated with a huge long walk from Bardis Sun Studios to Graziella. Must be at least 100 yards....  Wonderful garlic prawns, with extra garlic was the highlight, followed by chocolate gateau. The beach was narrow, but still as inviting for me as ever. The exchange rate was 1.17 - so glad we jumped before the vote. Enough of that - we're in Arillas mode and enjoying every lazy, slow and glorious moment. What is it that makes you lose all reason to care about anything?

Well and truly in Arillas mood, we hope to see our Eggy today. We will be at Bardis Sun doing nothing much, in case you need directions Neill! And we have all sorts of goodies awaiting you.....

Phil

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #7986 on: July 06, 2016, 04:54:53 PM »
Parking spaces are very hard to find, in Arillas, which leads me to think that life is "goog" for all . - Sorry Erja a tad of word poaching here.

Poach away Eggy 8) goog is to be shared and enjoyed ;)
Life is good ;)

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7987 on: July 06, 2016, 10:07:00 PM »
Still as today has been very hot bu ends with quite a blister. We though it would be great to sit upstairs at the Horizon and have a meal but we picked the wrong night as it was so windy. In the end had to move downstairs. I was sad to miss Eggy at Bardis sun studios. I think I was out for the count on a lounger after the customery 2.30 bed time after bring in the Bardis SS bar. As Eggy would say watsitalabout?

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7988 on: July 07, 2016, 04:32:07 PM »
Crocked up but still about, PhilnJen managed as far as Graziella today. Wonderful chat with Helen and Keefy (forum monicker Hels Bels) which was a privilege for us to meet them again after EIGHT YEARS - 2008 it was. Much frivolity remembered which ruined the darts at Rainbow, but gained me even more laughter lines......our Erja can concur pleading with Jimmy for more beer.... I think I posted a picture!

My one Mythos turned into three, with taramasalata and warm but breezy weather. Our visit to Thalassa was cancelled, deemed to be avrio.... there is always tomorrow....

Neill was observed in posh car racing past Graziella - he saw us of course and hit the gas...... No problem - we shared a wonderful time with him yesterday. PhilnJen are reduced, limited and here. To be honest, the last bit is enough. We are doing Arillas differently, but loving it even more. I feel guilty about letting folk down, but hope they will realise that PnJ can't move far this year. We will always be available at Bardis Sun Studios. When Jen gets her new hips, I think it will be me,  chasing behind telling her "slow down!! we've missed three already!!!!"

Arillas has not changed. Forget Brexit for a while - the garlic and prawns are too important....

Phil

Offline Pat&Annette

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #7989 on: July 07, 2016, 05:14:47 PM »
Phil/Jen,
Glad to see you arrived home safely and are settling into the natural rhythm of Arillas life.
Unfortunately this will be our first missed visit since 2009!!
Reading about Jen's hip replacement is deja vu as Annette had a full hip replacement on 20th May and is not allowed to fly until 20th August. She is making great progress but we are badly missing our annual fix this year! Jen will be literally be like a new woman! I'm pretty sure she will let you catch her!!
We fully intend being back next year so keep up the great reporting and enjoy,enjoy,enjoy.
Pat and Annette.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7990 on: July 07, 2016, 07:31:41 PM »
I look forward to the time when Annette is passed fit to travel and Jen has had the "business" done.
(I will be the first to shout "HIP HIP Horray" on their return.)

Posh car past Graziella Phil? - You should know by now that this is a special occasion!! - More special that the Queen's Jubillee.
------ Didn't see you guys and what is worse , why were you not waving that flag?? -

I potter away here with a 32 deg temp at 7;;30 pm which should tell all what a super Arillas Today twas. Me-thinks that Arillas may soon need a car park as it is a tad of a "free for all" in the afternoon. Not good for me in Wegg's Fiesta - 10 minutes to park it and 1 hour 30 to build a brick wall around it!!

and now the rubbish is being taken away I must revert back to Greek.
 I have to say "Ti Kaneis" (How are you?) again & not use my Somerset slang and say   "How's yer Bin?"

A ggod day.
Cheers
Negg

Offline sandraandjim

« Reply #7991 on: July 07, 2016, 11:56:47 PM »
Och Neil we have already been for this year so you will have a year to come up with something!  I don't think that trying to knock Jim and me down in your new wheels coming out of rainbow counts think that gives u an unfair advantage over jim! Never saw anybody throw darts with their teeth before lol.  Take care until next time and keep us up to date with all the news,

Sandra and Jim

Ps did u get a game with Gringo or was he out of your league?!!!

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7992 on: July 08, 2016, 03:27:09 PM »
The weather for July is just perfect. At night you can sleep, in the day you can cook or chill depending on your preference. The Bardis family are looking after us as usual, and the days just drift into the next, leaving all sense of time and date behind.

Tonight we will visit Thomas at Vavilas, and join in the quiz here at Bardis Sun. The exchange rate is rubbish at 1.16 but the rubbish has gone from the streets. We might get another chance at Ron Thal in the Coconut we hear - next Monday. Those who saw him on Tuesday said he was amazing, a fantastic show, so if Jen can get her legs there, we'll have a treat.

Talking of treats, a very delightful meal here at Poppy's table  (Bardis Studios) last night.  Soutzoukakia and rice for me and chicken fillet for Jen - amazing value for money and great food.

Phil

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7993 on: July 09, 2016, 12:45:20 PM »
South  Beach Report

I have just had the best couple of hours so far. Turn left at Graziella and heaven is only a few yards away. Under the taverna it is pebbles and narrow, giving the feeling of disappointment.  But a short walk gets you to huge sandy areas with not many sunbeds, and by the time you reach the rocky barrier you have forgotten everything. There were a few naturists before that, and one after it (me....) sharing the beach with nobody but the waves. I had a glorious swim in the warm sea, and could have stayed forever.

However, Jen was not with me, so I cut my visit to paradise short, had a crafty Mythos in Graziella, and came back to share it with forum. They asked the question "why do you keep going back?" and today the beach gave me the answer.

Phil

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #7994 on: July 09, 2016, 02:44:57 PM »
South Beach Phil. There was a lot of sand waiting to be deposited on the beach in May and it looks like it is now in place.
Love South beach when its full of sand and there is usually lots of beach art down there.
So glad you enjoyed your time alone (bet Jen did too)

Saw your FB post and if Jen is unable to get up to Brouklis then we will come down to Bardis for dinner on Thursday, just let me know.
Table 13 will have to be moved, cant let anything get in the way of our annual get together for dinner.

SO glad you Enjoyed your ARILLAS TODAY      enjoy Arillas tomorrow also........ see you Thursday

Booking.com