Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101376 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #7965 on: May 11, 2016, 11:24:23 AM »
Arillas Today sees "Egg" back from the UK , to a very nice 20 deg and warm "start up" to the Summer.

More posts should follow once gardening chores have been caught up with - It's a jungle out there!!!

Cheers
Negg

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #7966 on: May 11, 2016, 11:40:04 AM »
Arillas Today sees "Egg" back from the UK , to a very nice 20 deg and warm "start up" to the Summer.

So that's why I have not seen the Egg about....  3days and I was getting worried.
Arillas remains just as we left it last year and it's so good to be back.
The beach is looking good for the summer with south beach once again having sand back, never got down that end last summer due to a lack of sand.
Places still to open up but all should be in full swing soon.
21c as I type and cloudy but who cares the Sun is trying to break through and all looks well for the afternoon

Off to enjoy the day now breakfast has been consumed

WISH YOU WERE HERE

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7967 on: May 11, 2016, 10:29:50 PM »
Wish I was too John and Dot...enjoy!

Suzy x

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7968 on: May 14, 2016, 11:24:07 AM »
Arillas continues to wake, more people arriving with a large contingent at the rainbow (cycling club, those hills just keep on going up)
Thursday was a funny old day cloud all day humid and a wind that threw big waves on to the beach with intermittent rain showers
Friday, well talk about chalk and cheese. The Sun was high cloud was a thing of the past and it was a hot one ..... the sun beds were put to good use and the pool was used by quite a few people at the rainbow
Today we head up to Akrotiri to see Nokia and it looks like it is also going to be a nice one

WISH YOU WERE HERE

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7969 on: May 14, 2016, 04:58:49 PM »
Sounds good, we are looking in everyday from a very windy menorca.we both wish we were in arillas, but at least we have 2 weeks starting 30/9 to look forward to.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #7970 on: May 23, 2016, 09:50:36 PM »
Arillas today has been a gorgeous one with Southerly winds blowing and having met John The Ref, the lovely Janis and my fellow Finn's the Emeralddragons it has been a blast for the past two days - which is nice 8)

I even thought I saw the Eggmeister driving past Sharon's Pool Bar in his new Fiesta but I am yet to catch him up ;)

Three more days of bliss left and I will maximise the enjoyment 8)
Life is good ;)

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #7971 on: May 24, 2016, 09:21:23 AM »
Life IS good indeed Erja.....
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7972 on: May 25, 2016, 05:02:58 PM »
The question has got to be asked - "Is life goog , or even better for Erja, because she hasn't found me, I have missed her, in the Punto, in the nicest possible way and twas not me in the Fiesta. --- Me? -In a Fiesta? - In the afternoon? Perish the thought!
Anyway tonight will find me  at Rainbow should this lovely lady want a natter. - Maybe a quick visit to the "Nut" could be in order, after.

Arillas today sees a nice 22deg and a morning off , for me , as I have been on "catch up" since my return from the UK. Work-work-work -I'm 93 - DONCHYERKNOW?
(Tis a goog Arillas as Erja will confirm)

If tomorrow is better then today then yesterday was a cracker.

And a bonus - for those wanting to stay in the EU, current exchange is around e1.31 now - I think that will drop , like a stone, if there is an opt out.

Cheers
Negg

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7973 on: May 25, 2016, 06:48:14 PM »
Back on report duty then Neill. As you were not about the last few days of our visit,
I asked jimmy if you had left the package for posting but he had not seen you.
Hope you manage to get it sorted.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7974 on: May 26, 2016, 05:00:11 PM »
Apo-low-gees - John R - Never quite managed to get back.

Arillas today and ........ "Bing-Bong - The bench is back - bing bong" - a sort of merry "something" here. Mind you the bench may have been back for a while as I have not ventured that far for a tad.

23 deg and a good afternoon which was made better by finally bumping into Erja , without the Punto.

My Villa duties have now been completed so , as from today , I am now on holiday and will spend my retirement pension on all things good (Or GOOG )

Arillas has a little buzz which I feel may get much louder next week.

Exchange rate is , I think, e1.28 here and not sure how that compares to the UK.

Be Well , y'all

Negg

Offline emeralddragons

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #7975 on: May 30, 2016, 11:11:58 AM »
TWO WEEKS IN MAY
A few days ago my husband and I returned from our tenth stay in Arillas. It was our first springtime visit. We experienced a slightly cooler version of the autumnal Arillas we are used to. Nature was fresh and green, and a lot of flowers were in bloom. And we saw fireflies - for the first time in our lives!
   As usual the food was excellent. Chefs Roula in Brouklis and Spiros in Horizon deserve special mention, as do many others. Efi´s food was as beautiful as her garden.
   For years I´ve got most of my summer clothes from Yiota, who is a dear friend.
   Despite my bad back, this time I managed to climb all the way up to Akrotiri. There we met our friend Janis, who introduced us to her friend Anne and friends. They were sitting in the sun, looking hot but happy, while we settled in the shade. Akrotiri has one of the best views in Corfu. See Anne´s video on her blog, "4th week in Arillas" (Arillas or Bust 2016), filmed that same day!
   Going back, I was hit by a sudden attack of sciatica. Anne and company saw me while driving back in their car, noticed something was wrong, and stopped. Janis offered to walk the last bit to the village, I took her place in the car and was saved a lot of pain. That was heartwarming: a real Arillas experience.
   And we finally met our fellow Finn, Erja, creator of that famous Arillas motto: "Life is goog." Together we established an official Finnish Corner in Brouklis. A bit like Pooh´s, but more Finnish, if you know what I mean.
Emeralddragon

Offline Anne

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
  • Retired and loving it!
« Reply #7976 on: May 30, 2016, 11:50:23 AM »
It was so good to meet you Emeraldragons. If only I had known you were going to struggle I would have made a special journey to take you both all the way back. I do hope you quickly recovered. xx
We were in Arillas for 2 whole months and going again for 2 weeks :-)

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #7977 on: June 04, 2016, 01:30:25 PM »
Together we established an official Finnish Corner in Brouklis. A bit like Pooh´s, but more Finnish, if you know what I mean.

It was an absolute delight to meet you two lovely emeralddragons! It was so nice to hear our lovely but obscure language in the village!  And yes indeed we now have a little corner of Finland established in Brouklis :)

Hope to see you again sometime :)

“You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.”
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
Life is good ;)

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #7978 on: June 04, 2016, 11:04:31 PM »
We are back for our 10th stay in arillas & all is perfect. Just me & col this time.
Today we walked from one end of the beach to the other. It was a bit breezy but hot enough to spend the day prostrate on a sun lounger. We had  a lovely lunch of sardines, Greek salad & tzatziki at Efis. This evening after pre dinner cocktails & Greek beer at the malibu we went to the brouklis for courgette  keftedes, moussaka & baklava. Who knows what delights tomorrow holds xx

Offline sandraandjim

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #7979 on: June 05, 2016, 03:43:42 AM »
Here'S to tomorrow then Karen, hope you and Colin have a great week and we hope  that we bump into you somewhere along the line as we arrive Friday 10th,  enjoy ur week

Sandra and Jim

Ps Eggy,  Jim has his darts packed already, see you at Marvel! Think there'S a score to settle lol!

Booking.com