Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101991 times)

ger and 17 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #7740 on: July 28, 2015, 05:11:34 PM »
*deep sigh* Keep the GOOG reports coming luvvers 8)
Life is good ;)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7741 on: July 28, 2015, 07:47:04 PM »
Arillas Today ....??? and I won't even mention 36deg at 7:40 pm.!!!

A good 'ole table "get-gether" at Bardis with P n J n JR n D and K (Or Cypress) was in order. Plus John, the amazing man on bike who completed the UK to Corfu trip. Super impressed and I believe pics to very soon follow.

Ended up in Marvel where twas good to see Sandra n Jim from Belfast. Good dart player and even though my ribs are dodgy from a recent fall I cannot use them as an excuse for losing 4-2. The 'ole luck of the Irish??? - Nah . just better darts.
(Struggling a tad now though , at home , as 'sposed to be resting ribs. Maybe I need some spare ones!!!

All in all, enjoyment on an Arillas stick, to be casually licked of by all when the need arises. Save some for avrio though!

Cheers
Negg

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7742 on: July 29, 2015, 06:29:11 PM »
Today it is still sweltering hot, but somehow you adjust after so many weeks. The short supply of clouds has been consumed, and none are available today. However, the stocks of money in ATM, Mythos (and every other drink you can imagine) gloriously good food and "filosenia" is as always.

Now must be the best possible time to be here, with pounds Sterling buying 1.4 euros, prices here still exactly as the last few years and not a hint of shortage of anything.

Bobby Bardis' birthday was celebrated with beer and watermelon,  by an impromptu forum corner which gathered without any planning at all. The rendition by Dot of "21 Today" was a highlight!!!

We will pack a staggering amount into our last 2 days of this visit, so watch this space! Arillas Today is so much the same as ever....

Phil

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7743 on: July 29, 2015, 06:48:00 PM »
Sweltering, indeed Phil and still 38 deg on our balcony at 7pm.

I wish John n Dot a non delayed and non stressed departure , tomorrow morning , as I failed to get to Rainbow, after my Sidari/Avliotes/Ag Stephanos jaunt.
(Not enough hours in the afternoon)

Wegg and I will catch you both tomorrow evening.

Meanwhile the good weather now improves better than the exchange rate and I am told, for, this weekend,  look out for around the 40 deg mark.
Look out for it guys as you won't know it until it hits you - Keep your water and salt intake up and if you have air con then keep it around the 26 deg mark.
Not too low as opening that apartment door and a step outside and you may just feel a tad groggy, But y'all know that doncher?

Cheers
Negg

Offline M n M

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #7744 on: July 29, 2015, 10:59:38 PM »
Eggy,

What the ecks going on, here in Yorkshire it is near freezing, we have had to put the heating on, it's the end of July not November. Thank heavens we are coming back in a couple of month to get warm.

ttfn, Mick

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #7745 on: July 29, 2015, 11:50:45 PM »
WEDNESDAY NIGHT AT 11.30 and this is it for this year.Arillas today is coming to an end for now, we have had a fabulous two weeks but like all good things it's all coming to a close.
As usual the food has been first class, the people have done us proud and the weather has been absolutely fabulous.
Old friends and new have helped to make this visit. We have enjoyed every minute.
Next May will see us return again so all I can say is
WISH YOU WERE HERE....WISH WE WERE STAYING

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7746 on: July 31, 2015, 05:01:54 PM »
It can all happen so quickly here, with "Comings n Goings" - One min yer here then next min yer gone.

Again a sad "Kalo Taxidi" to our ref John and "linesman" Dot. (Linesmen have a more important job anyway!!!)

Arillas today sits us with 36 deg at 5pm and a very hot day which will be enjoyed by many........................
.............. maybe not as much as Phil n Jen who fly home this evening (Bet their arms will be tired!)

Wegg and I enjoyed their company , last night, at Bardis Sun. I am ashamed to say that this was our first evening meal at Bardis since we have been here and a super evening indeed. The hospitality of Poppy , Bobby, George and a meet with Spiros now tells me why it can be so difficult to get booked in there for the Summer. Empty plates tell their own story. And.......a nice little bird, (Poppy), tells me that Wendy n Stuart will be back soon.

So Phil n Jen... We wish you a safe home journey and will all look forward to any pics that you have planned. Be well ,guys!!
(And keep that swimming up Jen - Very proud of the effort you make - If I could only be that confident at Darts!!!

My next targets will be Val n Bill ,(Poor things) who I hope to find lazing around Mathraki, next week.--  Lazing around?? - I'll put a stop to that!!

It was a busy July in Arillas and , me-thinks August will be busier. So many Arilliacs to find , so little time. - But fun "avin a go"

Cheers
Negg

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7747 on: August 01, 2015, 11:58:15 AM »

Came back from a super meal at Brouklis after waving Bills sister off to the airport earlier to find that the Mathraki had again filled up with lots of old friends. Lots of chatter and catching up and a few more drinks until after 2am.
This morning brought another hot day so we will do our usual thing (lazy) 😃 and leave the walking until it cools a little. I am afraid the pool has the greatest pull this holiday.

See you soon Negg

Val n Bill x
The love affair continues.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7748 on: August 01, 2015, 07:55:35 PM »
After 2. a.m , guys????

We know you don't need any beauty sleep but what about Bill?

I will catch yer both next week as the last coupla days have been "hectic" - Poor old ribs are making me more "Bah Humbug" than I am usually.

34 deg at 8pm does not help and now the air con pipe is blocked. - WOTSTHATALLABOUT?

Take it easy tonight or Bill will soon be auditioning for that "Z" Nation Series.

Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7749 on: August 04, 2015, 06:42:55 PM »
So, Arillas Today, and for the benefit of Cheryl who I know will be here , late Friday , and with family.

Cheryl - A deluge did not happen but , maybe 20 mins of rain, with thunder that had no bite , only bark. Normal service was resumed around 3pm.
I tap away now , on the keyboard at 6:30 pm, looking at a 35 deg outside temp.

(Interesting to see empty pools around 1:30- 3pm - I suppose people did not want to get wet)

More "deluges" will be forecast and if should there be any thunder/lightening I would advise all here not to drink from metal containers. -
Shocking advice , I know, but someone gotta do it!.

Rain - wot rain - Not enough to make our vegies jump with joy or dampen the washing on the line.

Cheers
Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7750 on: August 04, 2015, 09:48:50 PM »
Sorry to impose on Arillas Today from Glastonbury, but today the legend Ron (Bumblefoot) Thal will will be live in the Nut. Guns and Roses doesn't cover it. It is a very special performance that will see Arillas rocking. No guns, but maybe some roses! It will be six rows deep in the street outside the Coconut.

As usual, PhilnJen have come back to UK weeks too early. We always seem to miss the big things, but to be honest, we get enough from the little ones. We are so sad not to be there for what is a massive boost to Arillas' reputation. But we are living it with you all online. Enjoy dear Arilliacs. To misquote JohnTheRef WISHWEWERETHERE!!!!!

Phil

Offline adrienne n dave

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #7751 on: August 04, 2015, 10:48:25 PM »
Sorry to impose on Arillas Today from Glastonbury, but today the legend Ron (Bumblefoot) Thal will will be live in the Nut. Guns and Roses doesn't cover it. It is a very special performance that will see Arillas rocking. No guns, but maybe some roses! It will be six rows deep in the street outside the Coconut.

As usual, PhilnJen have come back to UK weeks too early. We always seem to miss the big things, but to be honest, we get enough from the little ones. We are so sad not to be there for what is a massive boost to Arillas' reputation. But we are living it with you all online. Enjoy dear Arilliacs. To misquote JohnTheRef WISHWEWERETHERE!!!!!

Phil

hope someone can video (or even periscope) this.
wishwewereallthere
instagram:  meadowfielddave

Offline Pat&Annette

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #7752 on: August 05, 2015, 03:47:23 PM »
Sorry Phil but you are wrong, it was 7 deep on the road! The road was actually blocked on several occasions! What a night/morning, knees are still aching at 3pm here, exactly 12 hours since we got to bed! The band and guest AWESOME! Unforgettable gig. Back to the pool....

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7753 on: August 05, 2015, 10:49:13 PM »
7 deep on the road? - Good job I never drove down there or it would have only been 1 1/2 deep each side!!

Coconut do have a way of finding the best to please all , don't they.?

Can't say much about Arillas Today except the temp has hovered around a more respectable 26 deg.

I think it is getting busier as August creeps slowly forward.

Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7754 on: August 10, 2015, 07:05:34 PM »
Arillas today gives all here, I think, exactly what they were looking forward too. Still 28deg at 7pm and a super hot day which kept many on sunbeds and/or sea and pool dipping in between. (Plus an occasional "pit-stop" for a beer or two)

And.... WOTABOUT - Ray n Sally? Do they have the same red jeep each  Summer and I must give him 10 out of 10 for his driving.
(Only because , as I approached him , he didn't try and run me off the road)

Which , I hasten to add , was appreciated as Cheryl was a passenger and we were off to one of her favourite "Outside Arillas"  places - Sea Monkeys - Sidari.
Twas going to be a big family outing but others, including Wegg, chose to be away from the heat. - Next time.

Anyway.... Young James , son of Cheryl will be with me tomorrow to enjoy that funny 'ole game of "arrers" with Nickoletos, Ag Stephanos, playing hosts.
Tis all go here and no time to burn me skin or change into skimpy speedos. Skimpy speedos? - WOTSALLTHATABOUT?
(Answers on a postcard or skimpy speedos if enough writing area.)

Afternoon was good and tomorrow will get better especially with that usual Rainbow crowd of Snape, Chas etc etc on hand. (Where's Ben though?)

Be well all, we do what we can to make you jealous.
Cheers
Negg

Booking.com