Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101779 times)

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #7680 on: July 13, 2015, 10:49:42 PM »
Exactly right , Terry. You know how life works here.
 I re-iterate, together with Terry ... get these euros in and keep the cash flow.

Negg

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7681 on: July 13, 2015, 11:45:01 PM »
We only ever take euros with us and have done for years! We also take more euros  than we need and therefore have always brought some back with us which obviously can be used for other holidays which have the euro currency. We also take our credit card for emergencies...touch wood we've never had to use it.
We simply lock it all away in a safety deposit box and have never had any problems with this! As I said, we have been doing this for years in many Greek islands and it's always suited us fine so this year will be no different to us.
Great advice though Terry and Negg for everyone  to do this, especially this year!

Suzy X

Offline sharonF

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7682 on: July 14, 2015, 09:12:37 AM »
Arrived on Sunday night, Dorita had taken us to our room, we walked onto the balcony and the first people we see in Arillas is Phil and Jen!  Biggest hugs 😁 out for a stroll and to see Yiota, meal at portfolio a n d an early night.

After a delicious breakfast down to Sharon's pool bar for a lovely swim and sunbathe.  Then we go to find Phil n Jen, they were on their terrace at bardis, a quick drink turned into an afternoon and evening and meal at Vinceramo, the most delicious lamb chops, wine and the company of two of the loveliest people I've finally met, Arillas yesterday was perfect

Sharon x

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7683 on: July 14, 2015, 11:55:03 AM »

Sharon I am so glad that you are back in Arillas.... have a wonderful time with your family, we arrive late on the 24th so hopefully will see you both before you fly home.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7684 on: July 14, 2015, 01:14:36 PM »
Arillas today is very warm, misty but nice..... I would guess about 85F at midday (Mythos o'clcock.) The Mythos is nice, too........ The ATM is full of money, but many green bottles are now empty!

Tavernas last night were doing well, barely an empty chair or plate to be seen. Mine was soon emptied of gloriously good food at Graziella. We spent the whole afternoon and evening with our dear Sharon and Billy. Far too much food, wine and beer were consumed with such enjoyable company. They are both such wonderful people, like all of the many who meet us here. Only a few days in, but feels like forever. (I wish)

Arillas today is the same as ever.
Phil

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7685 on: July 15, 2015, 06:50:44 PM »
Arillas Today "suffers" a "Too hottie for yer bottie" 35 deg (34deg at 7pm) and wotta busy place it twas this afternoon.

No where to swing a tortoise, if swinging tortoises are your hobby, that is. Great to see Arillas working overtime to look after all.

NICE!!

Negg

(How do you swing a tortoise , you may ask. - very, very, slowly in this weather)

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #7686 on: July 17, 2015, 11:18:57 AM »
Well and truly back. BArrived at 1pm lazy afternoon followed by dinner at Brouklis with good company.
Today has started with a full English Mmmm. It is going to be a hot one we will probably do NOTHING today, need to recover Well must get on now
WISH YOU WERE HERE

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7687 on: July 17, 2015, 06:35:58 PM »
Arillas Today started with cypress and followed on with Egg. There were many others in between. They all came to us because Jen can't move and we adore them all. It was one of PnJ's typical Arillas days, surrounded by love and affection.

Everything is fine here. The rubbish being spooned up in UK can be well and truly denied. Not all of Greece is suffering, but my heart goes out to those who might be.

Arillas Today is SWELTERING hot.Even my pathetic excuse for a computer is melting. Folks, I am doing my best to share, but today I am overwhelmed by heat, love and Arillas. Even dear Eileen collected our vodka for Neill to deliver. PhilnJen are where we belong, with our superb friends. Arillas Today..............

Phil

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #7688 on: July 18, 2015, 10:19:56 AM »
Day 2 stroll round village via Tria and Bardis called in to see Phil and Jen. Afternoon by the pool.
Dinner at Vavilis, must be the best value in the whole of Corfu.
Brewery tour this morning then off to Akrotiri.

WISH YOU WERE HERE

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7689 on: July 18, 2015, 11:02:11 AM »
I though our John was having a brewery tour , this morning, as I saw him struggling up that hill with an empty 50 litre container.
(Dot was in charge of the sleeping bags!!)
And.... with current temps around 28 deg already, I am impressed by their enthusiasm!!

I see that FairFx were offering e1.40 yesterday. This makes a 30e meal around £3 cheaper than last year , at those rates.
No wonder Arillas, yesterday, was again a "no where to park" zone.

Spoke with one guy who said he always visits a different place , each Summer,
"Guess where I went , last year? He said. - Spain , maybe? - "No" he said, "Arillas"
First time he has visited the same place twice so Arillas must be doing something right, - (Do they put love potions in yer beer or is it a pleasant virus????)

Cheers
Negg
Day 2 stroll round village via Tria and Bardis called in to see Phil and Jen. Afternoon by the pool.
Dinner at Vavilis, must be the best value in the whole of Corfu.
Brewery tour this morning then off to Akrotiri.

WISH YOU WERE HERE

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #7690 on: July 18, 2015, 03:28:44 PM »
Got to agree with you Ref , Vavillas must be the best value meal going!
Have a great time mate!
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7691 on: July 18, 2015, 03:51:37 PM »
Karl , Am I telling the TRUTH , when I say "who wants to eat in dis wevver  (Jamaican accent coming in dere)

Just got back from Sidari with 33 deg temps at 3:30 pm. - Poor Punto has now lost all it's white paint and has a very nice tan!!

But.... mind yer P's n Q's ----- tonight will see many tables at many Tavernas full around 9pm when the cool off begins.

As for now??? - I am dripping sweaty bits all over the keyboard and may resign as a back bencher for the Greek Government. - E1.44 - WOTSTHATALLABOUT??

Phil n Jen , BEWARE , Will pick you up at :1;30 , Sunday at Bardis , which will then become a sort of a "Pub Crawl"
NICKOLETOS , THREE  W . ANNAS STUDIOS then home (possibly a surprise venue in between)
MUST DO ANNAS THOUGH AS SHE LOVES YOU GUYS TO BITS!!

Cheers Guys
(Ouzo calling ....but with at least 1//2 litre of water.)
Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7692 on: July 18, 2015, 04:22:32 PM »
Arillas has seen hotter than this, but not much. Poppy's thermometer recorded 50 at one point today. (That is as far as the scale goes, so could be more!) It really suits me, but I acknowledge it doesn't everyone. July is usually hot so those who have been before know already.

Crisis report for today.
"   "

Back to reality, we are so looking forward to our "pub crawl." Much fun will be had by many. As for yesterday, we had a firm plan to do NOTHING. It started at 11am, and was a wonderful, relentless series of hugs, meetings, food and Mythos. The day ended at 2.30am. If that is what nothing means, today I will try to do everything. Keeping up with the pace of July in Arillas is so enjoyable and seriously tiring.

Get on yer planes meluvvers. Arillas is fully functioning, here and waiting for you all.

Phil

Offline NickBoardman

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #7693 on: July 18, 2015, 05:11:25 PM »
Arillas has seen hotter than this, but not much. Poppy's thermometer recorded 50 at one point today. (That is as far as the scale goes, so could be more!) It really suits me, but I acknowledge it doesn't everyone. July is usually hot so those who have been before know already.

Crisis report for today.
"   "

Back to reality, we are so looking forward to our "pub crawl." Much fun will be had by many. As for yesterday, we had a firm plan to do NOTHING. It started at 11am, and was a wonderful, relentless series of hugs, meetings, food and Mythos. The day ended at 2.30am. If that is what nothing means, today I will try to do everything. Keeping up with the pace of July in Arillas is so enjoyable and seriously tiring.

Get on yer planes meluvvers. Arillas is fully functioning, here and waiting for you all.

Phil

Sounds as amazing as ever. Glad you're having a good time.

Offline DaisysMum

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
    • http://www.crazydaisyjewellery.com/
« Reply #7694 on: July 18, 2015, 09:29:09 PM »
Our arillas today began at about 1230 when we arrived at Irene's villas.  Thinking we would be lucky to get anything to eat, the lovely people at kostas on the beach looked after us.  We finally fell into bed at 215am.  I went for a little run at 9am around the village loop,  and then after a leisurely morning we went to the marvel for lunch and then to kaloudis for "beer o'clock".  Back to our appts via the trail and after a shower and a few (ahem) vodka and cokes on our balcony we are now on our way out for dinner xxx

Booking.com