Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101920 times)

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #7635 on: May 29, 2015, 12:21:46 AM »

What about these? We could start with the last one.........

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7636 on: May 29, 2015, 05:46:34 PM »
Ah , Cypress,
The last time I had my legs round my neck was when I was strimming the top of a steep bank, slipped, and ended up at the bottom.
(I won't tell you where the strimmer landed, but a good job the engine cut out or I would still have a smile on my face!!)

All spoilt here today with a super and very neat 24 deg Arillas Today. I am told the breeze is with us a couple of more days so It can only be good for the beach.

So, Yogurt on the beach is a "no no" ? I'll put my spoon back in the drawer then?

Cheers
Negg

Offline jackson

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #7637 on: May 30, 2015, 05:45:29 PM »
Is that when you had the photo taken on your page Neil after the strimmer fell on you it sure cut you to the bone

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7638 on: May 30, 2015, 06:47:50 PM »
Is that when you had the photo taken on your page Neil after the strimmer fell on you it sure cut you to the bone

I am just a shell of my self , nowadays , Jackson , so no more "ribbing" me!

Arillas Today treats us with temps around that 'ole 25 deg and a beach that has now started to re-format. (Sure you have seen the Boss's pics on beach post)

However, Cypress , I did not see anyone on the beach in black underwear and various poses. But I did see someone eating yoghurt.
The last picture pose of yours would interest me providing I do not have to raise that left leg or wear those dubious black "shorts" You could be kind to me , during training , and both start the last one. I just might enjoy that one!

Anyway, I digress. I think that Harold , Sally and Janis return back to the UK today, or went back yesterday evening. They all looked very well on Wednesday evening at Brouklis .All is well here and await the arrival of Paula , Ron n Sue and many others. End of May already?? = WOTSALLTHATABOUIT?

Cheers
Negg

Offline Val n Bill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7639 on: May 30, 2015, 10:06:54 PM »

End of May already!!!

WHATSTHATALLABOUT?

IT'SALLABOUTVALNBILLNOTBEINGTHERESOBSOB

See soon Eggy xxx

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Steve & Carole

« Reply #7640 on: June 12, 2015, 11:24:00 AM »
Hi all, does anyone know the current exchange rate in Arillas. We arrive on the 22nd June, and need to decide whether to exchange here or at the Marina. Thanks.

Offline mikej

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #7641 on: June 12, 2015, 03:02:25 PM »
Hi Steve/Carole...
My inlaws are in Arillas at the moment i'll ask them to get the latest exchange rate.
As for us we are heading out first week of August and have been watching the rate for months,it's steadily going back up from a low of 1.33 and if it touches 1.38 i shall jump on it and exchange a couple of thousand pounds.

Remember that you'll nearly always pay commision in Arillas.

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #7642 on: June 12, 2015, 06:57:31 PM »
Steve, We used Vas at the Marina in May and found with his commission we got about the same as being at home.

Offline dylan

« Reply #7643 on: June 12, 2015, 10:05:16 PM »
We found that last year too, always take half with us if the rate is good, then go to Vas for the rest, in case we don't spend it all, but we nearly always do!

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7644 on: June 20, 2015, 05:21:37 PM »
Arillas Today??? - 27 deg and hot. But probably not as hot as some of those cashpoints dotted around the island!

Not a Russian in site which is a shame as there are still a few beach sunbeds vacant.

Exchange rate offered here sits at e1.37 plus today. - Not sure what is offered in the UK.

The Worried Men are at Rainbow tonight (Sat 20th) if you pick this up and are here.
(Even with the current "crisis" news I am assured they only worry about what key to play or if they forget the words to the song)

Cheers
Negg

Offline jackson

« Reply #7645 on: June 20, 2015, 05:32:35 PM »
I have just got EURO 1.38 at my local ASDA shop allthough it was only EU1.36 in town. I will be in Arillas on monday so hope to put all those worries away for a while.

Offline NickBoardman

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #7646 on: June 21, 2015, 11:43:22 AM »
I usually change my cash at the marina too, usually good rates, though I try to take enough to cover the entire holiday…Usually end up using my back up cash especially now my son is getting older.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7647 on: June 25, 2015, 01:32:38 AM »
Jackson , did you do that 'ole Asda "back pocket" tap when you got some extra euros' ?? Going back a while me-thinks!
Careful you don't go "Money Supermarket . Com" - We would hate to see you in those denim cut offs!!

Nick - What a shame the exchange rate does not grow as fast as the children.

Arillas ends today with a very civilised 21 deg. Once again doing it's bit for those new faces that arrived this week.

Liz and Alan of "Willy's Wash House" fame are here, for a month, with all the family and a super lot they are too.
Obviously Jackson is here and Terry W, with Helen, must be around somewhere. Maybe just over the Horizon or in it.
Many others whose names I will think of when I end this post.

Joyce at Rainbow with new granddaughter for example. Sandy around somewhere I believe. Nuff is Nuf.
(I am off to print some Drachmas now!)

Cheers
Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7648 on: June 25, 2015, 02:14:42 AM »
Asda do a very good Stifado Neill. Well, you will have to cook it yourself. but the ingredients are all available at a low price. Maybe they should do a fantasy brand called Arillas, like Debenhams do with shoes??

It would be bourdetto and galactoboureko to work for me. Not shoes, but Brouklis on-a-plate.

Jackson in cut-offs would have very little effect on me, but then nothing but aggravation about Arillas does have any effect. My love of it is well known... Have seen plenty of aggravation today though. We try to love one another, but sometimes it doesn't work. In the end, whether we are are a clique or an impenetrable tribe who only care about one another, it is who we are.  The people who keep going back to Arillas are who we are. And our amazing Greek hosts, who put up with us all are the reason we do. Arillas is not the most beautiful shoreline in the world, but it IS the most beautiful place in the world.

Phil

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7649 on: June 25, 2015, 11:36:38 AM »
Here, here Phil. See you soon!

Booking.com