Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101968 times)

ger and 20 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #7620 on: May 25, 2015, 08:56:30 AM »
Oh no mate! You said the end was nigh, gutted for you.
Today will be my usual 20 lengths of the pool and then trying to find some beach for the kids IF we can. Its a sorry sight down there for beach lovers I am afraid.
Other than that who knows what today will bring but whatever it does bring it looks like being in beautiful weather.....
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #7621 on: May 25, 2015, 11:23:51 AM »
Does anyone know if they clear the beach of stones and seaweed with a tractor mounted beach cleaning machine? I saw one in San Stephanos one year piling up mounds of seaweed and taking it away. Or does it clear away naturally with the action of the SEa??   

Offline Val n Bill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7622 on: May 25, 2015, 12:34:45 PM »

Neill do think the poor Punto might be on its way to the big ditch in the sky? 👼🏻🎻

Bill 😢
The love affair continues.

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #7623 on: May 25, 2015, 01:36:47 PM »
Does anyone know if they clear the beach of stones and seaweed with a tractor mounted beach cleaning machine? I saw one in San Stephanos one year piling up mounds of seaweed and taking it away. Or does it clear away naturally with the action of the SEa??   

Karen the beach was worked on a few times whilst we were there but the storms had been horrendous during the winter.
We strolled over to San Stefanos and the beach over there was also battered with seaweed on the shore line 2-3 feet high at the south end.
All hope is not lost though as winds and seas were starting to replace sand by the end of the holiday and if the sea falls back then sand will appear soon. We all love our beach but we know Arillas also has a lot more to offer.

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #7624 on: May 25, 2015, 03:40:38 PM »
Arrived in Arillas on Friday and today was our first day on the beach. The sand is returning slowly, in front of Thalassa/ Horizon and just north of Kaloudis. The stretch between Marina and Kaloudis is just pebbles but today there is enough sand for those who want it, and it looks like it will improve every day. For those due to come over and want the beach I'm sure you will find what you want. The beach  may be reduced but the welcome and hospitality of Arillas seems bigger and better than ever. #happyasapigin****

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7625 on: May 25, 2015, 05:12:20 PM »
Arillas beach is getting better and more sand appearing. Many guests have arrived this afternoon. A very nice sunny and dry 24deg welcomes them, plus of course the usual Greek hospitality!

My 'ole Punto has had liposuction and a makeover plus a psychiatrist who asked "Tell me where it hurts?"  It will be back in business tomorrow after a pacemaker has been fitted and some new tubes. The final bill may not be as huge as I expected and the mechanic may get a bigger hug than my "workhorse"
That big ditch in the sky may have to wait a little longer , Val.

Tis a good Arillas today for all, despite the shortcomings of the beach, but that sea still looks as inviting as ever!!

Cheers
Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7626 on: May 25, 2015, 05:49:20 PM »
So glad to hear you're in Arillas Dai. Will it be for and obscene number of weeks, as usual? If so we might bump in July - from 11th to 31st for us. Only 7 weeks to go but seems like forever.

Neill's Punto seems to have fared better than my (ex-) Rover. That has indeed gone to Val's big ditch in the sky. I am now looking toward the stars (ad Astra....) but it is good to have a clutch, working windows and tailgate, 'tis amazing how these things become important when you don't have them!

The beach is important to us all for all of our own reasons. I am sure it will get better and better, but expecting last summer's maginficence is a dream too far. How much sand does one need to lie on a sunbed, or swim in the sea? In my case a little more than I used to, as the calories provided by Arillas' irresistable food expand my middle faster than Neill can write off cars.....

Phil

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #7627 on: May 26, 2015, 10:38:33 AM »
Yesterday we did find sand and the waves were great fun!
Today finds me with an ouzo hangover thanks to a few hours at Efi's last night and then the Nut.
Weathers fantastic again....
Its a relax round the pool with the kids day and Monkfish with Thomas tonight
The days are going too quickly for my liking

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #7628 on: May 27, 2015, 03:20:30 PM »
Hi Phil, sadly i will have left by the time you arrive as i depart on 02 July, but i'm lucky to be here for 6 weeks. May catch you later in the year as i am back for 4 weeks in Sept/Oct.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #7629 on: May 27, 2015, 03:50:42 PM »
A cloudy damp start today but its brighter and warmer now.
Afionas views were stunning even it the dull dreary weather.
Tomorrow will be our last Arillas today so until next August I will hand her over to the rest of you to enjoy.....
Its been emotional , it always is....
PS. Hope to see you before we go Negg, if not take care mate, it was a pleasure to meet you again

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7630 on: May 27, 2015, 05:40:44 PM »
Negg hopes to be around Tria at 1:30 ish , Karl, but he promises not to disrupt your last day.

Cheers

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #7631 on: May 28, 2015, 02:35:46 PM »
PS. Hope to see you before we go Negg, if not take care mate, it was a pleasure to meet you again

Karl, you're not supposed to let him know it was a pleasure to meet him again....just smile and get on with your day

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7632 on: May 28, 2015, 05:24:20 PM »
'ole John the Ref , you. !!

Karl and I discussed, this afternoon, why referees issue red cards when the foul was perfectly presented and took a lot of thinking about.
(Rumour has it that you had a pack of red cards and issued to various players to ensure they were shared around equally)

Anyway.... we didn't do all that "twaddle" and had a good chinwag.

Arillas today will see Karl and super family depart when we hope the temp of , around , 24 deg will put them at ease and chill the departure stress a tad.

All good today and I read , somewhere, that there was "yogurt" on the beach??? I went down there and found nothing except a group of people ion various positions?? - They all looked in pain, Did they pay for yogurt and get nothing? - Maybe I read the post incorrectly.  Is it a doughnut man ploy? - WOTSITALLABOUT?

So... no yogurt on the beach , yet. When it happens I hope it will be 0% fat.. I 'spose a tad of added honey is out of the question!

Cheers
Negg

Offline Paul Clark

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
    • Pauls Cancer Blog
« Reply #7633 on: May 28, 2015, 06:21:00 PM »
Euro's collected today (1.38 from M&S) getting close now, can taste that first Corfu beer going down!
Follow my journey against throat cancer at  http://paulscancer.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #7634 on: May 29, 2015, 12:16:41 AM »
Eggy, I've just belly laughed for ages. Yoga on the beach, not yoghurt! If you get a free half an hour when I'm there in July, I'll show you how to do a yoga asana or two?? Not in the least bit painful .... honest ;-)

Booking.com