Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3102045 times)

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #7455 on: January 31, 2015, 10:57:25 AM »
Sos about the errors folks!
Should have said "we were"
 Not been out of bed long...and just having my first coffee of the day as I'm checking out the forum! Another very cold day ahead and very icy everywhere now so take care when out on foot everyone!

Suzy X

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7456 on: January 31, 2015, 11:24:09 AM »
Arillas Beach (our own Dimitris) posted some dramatic pics of the wild weather on FaceTube yesterday. Personally, I adore being there and seeing Arillas like this - but then I was always strange, wasn't I? Have to admit the thought of Eggy's smalls "blowing in the wind" leaves me a bit doubtful......

Arillas Today? Bring it on, whatever the weather. Sitting in Beach Point with Christos serving me cheap Mythos and food I could do any or every day, just like the wonderful crowd in Dimitris' picture were doing. EfXaristw boss. Can't wait to do my stint as roving reporter on 29th March.

Phil

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #7457 on: January 31, 2015, 11:58:44 AM »
For the first time ever on the webcam I've just seen the pier disappear sideways from waves seemingly charging in from the north and the sea reach up to the road itself -  I wonder, does the road ever get submerged? It's hard to imagine being laid on a sunbed in searing temperatures on Arillas beach from watching the webcam this morning.

I would have given my right arm to have been in the picture at Beach Point the other day though. I'm sure that was the gorgeous Poppy sat soaking up the sun?

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #7458 on: January 31, 2015, 12:13:53 PM »
I wonder, does the road ever get submerged? It's hard to imagine being laid on a sunbed in searing temperatures on Arillas beach from watching the webcam this morning.

The Weather is much different in the winter than in the summer...
I remember when I was little  where the road was full of stones up to the hotels after big storms . It happens almost every winter for a day or two .. if you encounter any pictures for last nights storm do not be astonished . it's a normal thing for us.

I'm off to Corfu town for Our sons weekly swimming course in a heated indoor swimming pool :) 
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline hippopotandmouse

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #7459 on: January 31, 2015, 12:45:21 PM »
Yep, was indeed a big storm last night. Many thanks to Leon for hauling our car out of the stream before it got washed out to sea (hard to imagine, but the waves came crashing over the bonnet!), and to Eggy for bringing hubby home so I didn't have to get out of bed to pick him up!
Poor car currently sitting by Grazella's, waiting for the rain to stop so we can go down and rescue it and see if it's survived its ordeal or not! 

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #7460 on: January 31, 2015, 01:34:18 PM »
I'm off to Corfu town for Our sons weekly swimming course in a heated indoor swimming pool :-)

What's all this about Dimitri's
Heated indoor swimming pool.....Your spoiling young Spiros 

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #7461 on: January 31, 2015, 09:27:22 PM »
Thanks for that Dimitris. I now have a picture of you as a little boy on the beach front during a winter storm ...... and now you have your boys that will do the same. There's no place like home and family, only, I now have two homes - Huddersfield and Arillas.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7462 on: February 03, 2015, 12:56:44 PM »
I am told that there are some very dramatic pictures, on face book, of the recent storms not only in Arillas but also other local places.

As Dimi says, "We have seen it all before and are used to it" - By April we will all wonder what the fuss was about. Locals look at everything  on the bright side and as one said to me , yesterday...........

"By law , we are not allowed to take pebbles from the beach, but now they are on the road.........??"
(Many gardens will have makeovers soon, me-thinks!!)

Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7463 on: February 03, 2015, 12:58:21 PM »
I am told that there are some very dramatic pictures, on face book, of the recent storms not only in Arillas but also other local places.

As Dimi says, "We have seen it all before and are used to it" - By April we will all wonder what the fuss was about. Locals look at everything  on the bright side and as one said to me , yesterday...........

"By law , we are not allowed to take pebbles from the beach, but now they are on the road.........??"
(Many gardens will have makeovers soon, me-thinks!!)

Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7464 on: March 22, 2015, 11:53:36 AM »
Arillas Today brings us a tad of drizzle and a tad cold (12deg) but the last coupla days have been very good , indeed.
(Sat in Arillas Beach Point , yesterday afternoon, taking in the warmth plus the usual beer - A gentle reminder that Summer isacoming)

Many locals hard at work here, as the weather improves.
A big makeover going on at Armourada , new Kitchen plus a revamp of the outside area. All starting to take shape
Sharon, at her Pool Bar, busying away but still "open" if anyone wants a sit and a drink.
Both, I think will be ready for "PASKA"

Arillas Beach point also re-vamping his outside area in between customers, and I have seen the car of Spiros, outside Portofino, which tells me his appts are having their usual Winter makeover.

The "Rainbow" boys are busy with another project and Tria look to have all hands on deck.

Also looks like apartments being built alongside Mirage - Yiannis at Whispers busy painting away , yesterday.

As usual, this time of year, the beach needs some attention which, if you view the webcam, you will pick up.  However, with the usual Arillas efficiency, by the end of April it will just be a bad dream and we all wonder "WOTWASTHATALLABOUT".

The bench, I think we all know about and the Mermaid may not appear, this Summer.

That , good people, is all I can think of. - So , just watch this space.

Cheers
Negg

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7465 on: March 22, 2015, 12:04:16 PM »
Thanks for the update Neill.
Can't wait to touch down a the Tria on May 4th
Will hunt you down.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7466 on: March 22, 2015, 12:11:46 PM »
My thanks too, Neill. So excited to see all of the goings on very soon. Can imagine warm Spring sunshine and many hours "helping" Christos at Beach Point.....

See you next week!
Phil

PS John - he's the one with a white Punto and a big smile, as the winter passes and the fun begins!! Sadly a little while until we get to see you and Dot.

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7467 on: March 22, 2015, 12:17:14 PM »
PS John - he's the one with a white Punto and a big smile, as the winter passes and the fun begins!! Sadly a little while until we get to see you and Dot.

Thanks for that Phil....I always thought he was the one with a chalk finger and a wonky throwing arm,
(or was that a wonky donkey).

Offline Steve & Carole

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #7468 on: March 22, 2015, 01:07:40 PM »
So good to get an update Neill, it really helps me to visualise all that activity going on.

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #7469 on: March 22, 2015, 01:30:12 PM »
Thanks Neill, your Arillas Today postings are one of my little pleasures. Especially to hear that the good people of Arillas are busily preparing for the season. Makes it seem like it won't be long 'til I'm there again ... just can't wait :-)

Booking.com