Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101912 times)

MCG, kevin-beverly and 18 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Val n Bill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #7440 on: December 27, 2014, 10:46:54 PM »

Had about six to seven inches of snow last night, and we were the lucky ones here in the northwest, very cold now and freezing.

Nice relaxing day today, after having the family yesterday, enjoyed a good curry for dinner.....good luck finding your dartboard Neill 🎯

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7441 on: January 03, 2015, 07:28:13 PM »
Bad news , today , Guys.

Dimitris tells me that the recent terrible Christmas storms has destroyed the "Arilliac Bench" !!!!
It must tell us all about their ferocity that it can take away our bench that was securely fixed to the end of the pier.

But, knowing you Arilliacs, as I do, I am sure you will understand what I am trying to say in.........
... The recent Ferry tragedies and the tragic loss of a family member or friend are not replaceable.
The bench can be replaced and Dimitris has already spoken with the council. When we all sit on the new bench, this Summer, it will be a little reminder of what occurred here in Christmas 2014.

Be well All
Negg

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7442 on: January 03, 2015, 08:03:03 PM »

Very well put Neill, this is the worse Christmas for tragedies that I can remember.

The terrible Tsunami in the Indian Ocean in 2004 killed approximately 230,000 people but the multiple tragedies in the last few days seem more poignant because some of them happened near Corfu.

Val x

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #7443 on: January 04, 2015, 12:41:43 PM »
Bugger ,double bugger let's hope the council have the funds yiammas

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #7444 on: January 04, 2015, 02:42:57 PM »
Reading between the lines Neill, it looks like all will be well to rest our rear end on a well placed seat.
But, knowing you Arilliacs, as I do, I am sure you will understand what I am trying to say in.........
... The recent Ferry tragedies and the tragic loss of a family member or friend are not replaceable.
The bench can be replaced and Dimitris has already spoken with the council. When we all sit on the new bench, this Summer, it will be a little reminder of what occurred here in Christmas 2014.

There will be some well known BUMS on that seat....lol

Offline dylan

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #7445 on: January 05, 2015, 09:16:45 PM »
thought that they had taken it away for the winter! new one should be nicely worn in for me by Sept!

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #7446 on: January 29, 2015, 11:22:18 PM »
Arillas today and ...   strange weather but the sun did come out....
Our one and only open establishment in Arillas Beach was full of people when we passed by.

Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7447 on: January 30, 2015, 09:35:41 AM »

Time lapse was brilliant Dimitri.....especially when slowed down, nice to see people enjoying the sunshine.  We have lots of snow here with high winds making it feel colder than it is Brrrrr.

Val n Bill x

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #7448 on: January 30, 2015, 11:22:28 AM »

Time lapse was brilliant Dimitri.....especially when slowed down, nice to see people enjoying the sunshine.  We have lots of snow here with high winds making it feel colder than it is Brrrrr.

Val n Bill x

I enjoyed it too.  As Val'n'Bill said, it was nice to see activity on the seafront.
Nice one Dimitris :-) x

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7449 on: January 30, 2015, 04:02:56 PM »
Arillas Today pays for that brief warm spell we had yesterday afternoon.

Out old well known "Winter Lady", Gale Forcewinds , is back and I would have tried a pic or two but was not armed with those lead soled old diver's boots to keep me in one place long enough.
Heavy rain this morning and although around 14deg, dunarf feel chilly.

I believe this is the trend for the weekend here and envisage a few power cuts, which is the norm.
There will, I feel, be much clearing of "Flotsam n Jetsam" around the beach and road from Monday

"Wish you were here????"

Cheers
Negg

Offline dylan

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #7450 on: January 30, 2015, 10:23:42 PM »
foot of snow in Sheffield if you want some!

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7451 on: January 31, 2015, 12:30:18 AM »
SNOW?? - Is there a Greek word for snow Dylan?

Just back from a darts binge at Armourada which started late as "Hippo Pete" tried to get across the stream by Ina's, got his car stuck and had to be towed out. Thanks to Leon, Armourada,

Arillas has an angry beach tonight and a small drive along it, before I came home, was a dramatic drive indeed. Waves as big as my overdraft and I am now the proud owner of a freshly jet washed Punto. (good job the windows were closed)

And now the bad news! - Our washing line snapped and I think some of my underwear is winging it's way to our neighbours house. A horrible sight for them to find in the morning!!
(As Lloyd Grossman used to say - "Who would wear pants like this??"-At least they are clean)
Who is Lloyd Grossman some young Arilliacs may say?

Cheers
Negg

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #7452 on: January 31, 2015, 09:27:26 AM »
Thank you for sharing Eggy! :D Keeps us posted and let us know if your underwear reached Albania ;)
Life is good ;)

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7453 on: January 31, 2015, 10:39:33 AM »

At least it was only clean washing......your neighbours will be able to bring it back, unlike last time when they found your shed in their garden.😱

Val x

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7454 on: January 31, 2015, 10:47:45 AM »
We've were building snowmen yesterday in Leicester with the grandchildren and hoping in the near future it will be sandcastles with them in Arillas!
All great fun!

Suzy X

Booking.com