Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101793 times)

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #7200 on: August 05, 2014, 06:10:18 PM »
I know I am lucky mate , I just need to remind myself of that when I am moaning about little irrelevant things in life that go wrong !!!
Anyway , talking of lucky I am off to Rhodes tomorrow for two weeks for a friends wedding.
Living The Dream ....................
Take care
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7201 on: August 05, 2014, 08:51:47 PM »
Rhodes has much to offer Truth. No longer enough for Jen and I, but we totally enjoyed our times there. Have a lovely holiday.

Arillas has said farewell to many an Arilliac just recently, but many more are either on their way or preparing to take up the baton and arrive shortly. And some remain in place. I echo our Jo Wissett - a few morsels posted on forum count for a lot to us who have been and gone. Those few morsels turn into dreams or memories, and it takes minutes. I always have my Mythos in hand when I post, and relive the stuff I say.

A challenge: if you read the forum, and are in Arillas, post just one Arillas Today, even if it is just to say "We're here and everything OK." Or in Greek, "poli kala" (meluvver)

Phil

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #7202 on: August 05, 2014, 09:58:32 PM »
Cheers Phil, its been 14 years since we visited. Do they still drachma there? Lol

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7203 on: August 05, 2014, 10:51:10 PM »
The Drachma days seem such a very long time ago now. Is the wedding in Lindos by any chance Truth? It's a very popular place in Rhodes for weddings and very pretty it is too!

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #7204 on: August 06, 2014, 12:34:49 AM »
It is yes , forget the name of the place but my other half says it looks fantastic !

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7205 on: August 06, 2014, 02:30:34 AM »
Truth...Lindos is a lovely place and very very hot! We stayed in a place called Pefkos just outside Lindos, about 4 mile away. We went into Lindos one afternoon and again one evening and were lucky enough on one occasion to see a wedding taking place in a tiny white chapel. After the ceremony the bride and groom rode on a donkey through the narrow cobbled streets of Lindos and everyone lined the pavements and hung out of their windows clapping. It was magnificent! So romantic...I'm getting carried away now...but it's one of my holiday highlights over the years!
It's very different to Arillas, a little expensive and quite busy especially in the evenings (lots of night life!) but still lovely and very pretty. We enjoyed the days we spent there which was about 8 years ago. We need the relaxation of Arillas now!

Hope the wedding goes well and have fun!

Suzy x   

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7206 on: August 06, 2014, 02:27:39 PM »
Sally and I stayed at pefkos years ago,ate at the Spitaki, lovely food had our silver wedding while there and on the same day saw a wedding while in Rhodes town.Suzy the best way to get to Lindos was in the Glass bottom boat a great little trip from Pefkos
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline steve p

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #7207 on: August 06, 2014, 02:47:26 PM »
Just got back from Pefkos at 3 o clock this morning after attending my youngest daughters wedding last friday. Lovely place to go for a visit but not a patch on Arrilas as it is somewhat larger and busier. Weather was really hot but the last three days were very windy. So although i enjoyed the week there i shall be back in Arrilas at the end of may next year as usual.

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7208 on: August 06, 2014, 02:59:22 PM »
I remember Spitaki very well Harold as we ate there many times due to it being one of our favourite tavernas in Pefkos. If I'm correct, spitaki means "little House" as it used to be a tiny lived in house which had a lovely story behind it. The glass bottom boat sounds lovely...we had a taxi to Lindos and I remember it being very hectic at the time...all good fun though!

Suzy x

Offline suzy61

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7209 on: August 06, 2014, 03:12:36 PM »
 Congratulations on your daughter's wedding Steve!
Yes I agree, Pefkos is a lovely place but very different to Arillas. We had a lovely holiday there about 8 years ago with many happy memories of it but we now prefer somewhere with a more calm and relaxing feel about it...just like Arillas!

Would love to return to Lindos though...very pretty in a different way and just to see if I could still get to the top of the Acropolis... but maybe during the evening this time when it's cooler!

Suzy x

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7210 on: August 06, 2014, 03:55:33 PM »
Phil, I will send a Arillas today report next week, we arrive on Monday. Please pardon any typo's, depending on the time of day I may be slightly Mythosated and those touch keys on my phone seem to get smaller somehow :-)

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7211 on: August 06, 2014, 04:49:48 PM »
With only 8,000 + postings left to get to 1,000,000 on Arillas Today, I don't know what's hotter!

Arillas Temp or Arillas Lotto?? - Let's just settle for a 28 deg and all be happy!

Any nominations for the "1,000,000" Arilliac poster yet?

Cheers
Negg

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7212 on: August 06, 2014, 05:29:25 PM »
Here's the next one.......lovely to see you this afternoon Eggy, you saved us from a very hot and sticky walk, we weren't going to be out long because it is so hot.

So much better though to spend the time chatting to you. :)

Arillas today for us was.... the morning at the pool, a good breakfast eaten before lying on a sun bed with umbrella up so we don't burn ....and then an afternoon of scintillating company putting the world to rights with a certain gentleman.

This evening we will dine at Brouklis or Graziella, I am afraid a toss of a coin will have to decide.

Last night it was Efi's.... she looks absolutely radiant and is looking forward to being a Mum, Zissi is like a dog with two tails....perfect Daddy material, and so looking forward to being one.

Tomorrow is our last full day so we will try to cram lots of things in.
I suppose that's a lie......we will just relax at the pool again. Lol

Val x
The love affair continues.

Online Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7213 on: August 06, 2014, 06:37:10 PM »

So much better though to spend the time chatting to you. :)

Val x

And.... I got home at a very reasonable time. - Miracles do happen.

Enjoy muchly these quiet chilled out chatty times.

Stay well , Guys!
----------------------------

One helluva breeze here at Kavaddades as I type and rain forecast again. WOTSGOINON??

Negg

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #7214 on: August 06, 2014, 08:19:58 PM »
SEVEN THOUSAND SEVEN HUNDRED AND SIXTY EIGHT NOW NEILL
Its got to get there before the end of the season.
Perhaps a Prize for the person who posts on the One Millionth Hit.
if you consider the third week in October to be the season end, then it needs
an average of 111 hits per day

NO CHEATING THOUGH

Booking.com