Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101997 times)

Karen/Colin, ger and 21 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Val n Bill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #7020 on: June 17, 2014, 06:30:43 PM »

Sorry for your loss. At least you are home to comfort your wife.

I think the Gods were very kind to you Dai.....all in all they did a good job in getting you home. Hope you get to go back very soon.
The trip with the rugby club would be great if you could manage it.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7021 on: June 17, 2014, 08:37:10 PM »
A good 'ole dose of rain here at 8:30 pm , with an outside temp of 23 deg which means, if you are that way inclined, you can just stand out in it and get wet but not freezing wet.
(Another wine and I just may give it a try)

By tomorrow morning it will all be a bad dream and sunbeds will be snapped up. - I reckon.
But not for me as the garden will then be much easier to dig. The sacrifices we have to make!

Cheers
Negg

Offline Sinbad

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #7022 on: June 17, 2014, 09:27:10 PM »
I have to ask Dai , which rugby team would you bring - we are from Swansea .....

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7023 on: July 04, 2014, 12:12:17 PM »
Some good advice from Sharon, at the Pool Bar, which some of us may occasionally forget.

Whilst we should be drinking plenty of water in this hot weather, 26 deg at Midday today, remember that loses salt + other vitamins. So maybe a fruit juice or two sometimes plus a few crisps etc.

Next week will see the arrival of many Arilliacs - Methinks!! - A safe non delayed journey to all.

Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7024 on: July 08, 2014, 08:57:15 AM »
Arillas today welcomes Phil n Jen n Cypress and Riggers and Jinksy and many others with a 25 deg super start to the morning at 8:30 am.

Twill be a very interesting 3 weeks with our new Roving Reporter and, as of this morning, 974059 views of this topic have been made.

Wonder what the figure will read after 21 days??

Negg
today

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #7025 on: July 08, 2014, 08:58:02 PM »
Well there you go Neill already on the move.
I will be over next Monday and as you know I Never Post on Arillas Today.... lol

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7026 on: July 08, 2014, 10:43:02 PM »
John R,
WOTYERDOINONERE? Should be in Brazil to ref the Holland game.
36/1 to win the cup? I need all the help I can get for them to reach the final. (Do the Final as well)

Twas my pleasure to meet Cypress (Karen) today , prior to a small binge planned at the Nut. I love to meet fresh faces , as well as regular faces, but must offer apologies to Karen. A new face that I could rabbit away to and the poor lass could not get a word in at all. I regret it now as , being an inquisitive sort of guy, I wanted to know more, about her, where she lived, her thoughts about Arillas etc etc.
Providing she hasn't changed her Brouklis address, I will bump into her again. - Super Lady.
Apologies also go to Pam who waited patiently for us to join the "Nutty Group".

Conversations continued to flow at the Nut and I can report that Phil n Jen are all hunky dory and settling in well, as they always do. Super to see Riggers and Sue who never seem to age, and have bigger smiles every year. I hope that all will be at Armourada to see our "Summer Nomads" play darts with a special guest star (JINKSY)  -- (Thursday if you are here - I need all the support I can get!!! )

Anyway .....Plenty of time for plenty of meets though. Once again, Arillas Today, has not only bought me a great afternoon but also many "goodies" delivered by those special couriers that take the time to do some UK shopping as well as preparing for that well earned break here.
I never celebrate Xmas because I get to open so many parcels between April and September.

26 deg outside at 11 pm and rain forecast tomorrow??? - WOTSALLTHATABOUT??

John n Dot here next week?? - Meeting up with Phil n Jen? What are those two chemicals we were told, at School , that we should not mix because it would cause a giant bang.
Look out Mermaid - You could be in a lot of trouble soon.
(Suggest you swim to Mathraki Island until life quietens down)

Cheers
Negg

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #7027 on: July 09, 2014, 02:44:36 PM »
And the Dutch keep on going , lets hope it continues mate and you bag some nice bonus euros !
Will be Orange tonight , some would say I always am supporting Wolves but its GOLD I tell you , its GOLD ! lol
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7028 on: July 09, 2014, 03:38:33 PM »
Sorry if Arillas Yesterday didn't see a post from me. Eggy has captured some of it, but OMG has there been more.

The meet-up in the Nut was cool, sophisticated and controlled (ie Phil actually walked out of the door....) New friends - Cypress and Pam - it was a classic Arillas afternoon. But only to be totally blown away by a truly romantic and life giving evening in Thalassa. Exotic Beef, a meal to die for. How Katerina makes food taste like that is one of life's mysteries. But Yanni Goudelis was playing easy listening on keyboard, and sat in my favourite chair in Arillas, with a very large Metaxa in hand, staring out at the sea, I finally died and went to heaven.

But there is more. I didn't actually get into bed last night - I just slept on top and awoke with my sandals still on. And off I went, northbound, in a breezy Arillas Today.

The beach is gorgeous, but those who venture north have two wades, one ankles, but the other waist high. The breeze is life-giving, and makes the 30 degrees temperature so liveable. BUT, the sea is vigorous and the waves very strong. And, it is WARM. WARM!  Not a word I use lightly. I am well and truly washed in it and plan to have another dip before dinner at Graziella.

Arillas Today? The beer is cheap with a rate of 1.23 and the sea is like a spa. PERFECT or what?

Phil

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7029 on: July 09, 2014, 04:29:47 PM »
I didn't actually get into bed last night - I just slept on top and awoke with my sandals still on. And off I went, northbound, in a breezy Arillas Today.

Phil

Must have been breezy , Phil , especially just with your sandals on!!

4:30 pm and 30 deg outside. Seeing an exchange rate now , in Sidari, of e1,245
(Do you know that only makes it £2.00 for a e2,50 beer??)

Wii catch you soon, Guys.

Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7030 on: July 10, 2014, 01:13:45 AM »
UPDATE

Arillas tonight is seeing Phil and Jen listening to Art Garfunkel, sipping vodka frappe, and wondering why we are so blessed to be here. Arillas rocks. It is what we are about. "I believe I will be here forever" to misquote what I am hearing just now. I am in bits. Tears running down my face, I am so friggin happy it hurts. Who is responsible for this?

Phil

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7031 on: July 10, 2014, 01:26:45 AM »
Ahh, I love that song by Art Garfunkel, Phil.
My theory is there's a lady called Arillas who steals your heart, captures your soul and her magic just grabs you in, so you will never be the same person again.
Maybe take your sandals off tonight though?
Or wear a bit more when it's breezy?
Lol

lynn xx

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7032 on: July 10, 2014, 02:20:50 AM »
I am still waiting for the song title! Great to hear that our Arilliacs are in bliss once again x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7033 on: July 10, 2014, 10:43:08 AM »
Somebody just told me it is Thursday. Arillas Today is her calm and contented self. She has calmed me, seduced me and tempted me, but in the end I am the winner. It is warm, still and cloudless right now at ? o 'clock with an exchange rate of ? and Mythos costs ? a pop.

In other words, PhilnJen are in heaven with not a care in the world. OMG should this be available on the NHS.

Phil

Jo meluvver, very appropriately the title is "Sometimes when I'm dreaming." Just work that one out. I still believe I am, even though I'm here........

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #7034 on: July 10, 2014, 10:48:42 AM »
Kali mera Phil...see you later!
Sandy x

Booking.com