Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101634 times)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #6975 on: June 01, 2014, 06:43:27 PM »
Such is our Arillas. So many folk who love being there, and we all weave a web of who the Gods intend us to meet. The forum and Facebook provide most, but we all connect in any case. We miss some, we meet some, but in the end we steal our special moments alone with the glorious place that it is. We eat, we party, we walk, we swim, we love..... Arillas today, and every day.

Phil

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #6976 on: June 01, 2014, 06:46:23 PM »
You Guys!!

I just wanted to get back and pick yer brains but the next time I looked inside....
There you were - Gone!!!

Glad you are enjoying and good wishes to you plus all you meet that I miss.

Neill

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #6977 on: June 02, 2014, 09:13:54 AM »
A quick message to Val n Bill. I was hoping to pop into Mathraki, this afternoon, for a chat with you / CJ.
But a change of plans, which happens a lot to me recently, so catch you another day.

Guess you will just have to sit back and enjoy the dry 23/24 deg afternoon that is forecast.
Heavy rain now forecast tomorrow? - WOTSALLTHATABOUT?
*Now who did I tell not to pacca a macca*? - whoops!

Cheers
Negg

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6978 on: June 02, 2014, 10:42:30 AM »

No problem Neill, we will see you, when we see you!
 We don't return to UK until Friday, but will be back in August. :)

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #6979 on: June 05, 2014, 06:45:44 PM »
Arillas Today gives us an afternoon breeze but now settles down for your evening meal.
(When the wind comes up here it is worse than an elephant taking liver salts!!)
But y'all know that do you not?

27 deg at nearly 7pm here in Kavadaddes so imagine Arillas is spoilt in the same way.

I'm getting a tan now  - DONCHYERKNOW??

Negg

Offline Paul & Denise

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #6980 on: June 06, 2014, 11:41:54 AM »
The magic that is Arillas is working. After a few days of doing absolutely nothing we are going to wind up a notch to not very much! Great host good company and wonderful weather, though Tuesday was a bit threatening would in the end stayed dry. Have been amazed at how many people we know having never been in June before. Added Ron and Sue to the members that we have met and Anne n Philwho we have never seen in Arillas but live about 4 miles apart. Exchange rate is 1.21though beware the atmosphere only gives 1.04! Quiz in the Rainbow last night and Denise won  a bottle of Vodka in the raffle,that will not go to waste. Monday is Madge meets Brian! Watch this space.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6981 on: June 06, 2014, 09:36:02 PM »
Fabulous! A new Arillas today roving reporter! Loving these snippets! X

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #6982 on: June 07, 2014, 10:52:19 AM »
Half way through my seven week stay Arillas is now delivering a settled stream of gorgeous weather.
A foot injury sustained on the trail has curtailed lengthy walking but this has resulted in me visiting some local businesses for the first time. Even after visiting Arillas for a number of years I am still amazed at the warmth of the hospitality of the local people.
One of the many benefits of a long term stay is being able to meet up with old friends who visit at different times, who in turn introduce you to new friends.
Arillas is still quiet but each week sees more people arriving, slowly building, hopefully to the successful season Arillas deserves.

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #6983 on: June 07, 2014, 11:46:20 AM »
7 whole weeks? As the current phrase goes - or is it old hat now? - ....I'm well jel. Some long term stay tips would be handy, if you have any?. I'm planning on staying for July and August next year if I possibly can. Enjoy! 

Offline Paul & Denise

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #6984 on: June 08, 2014, 01:03:11 AM »
If anyone is coming out Monday /Tuesday is there a chance of bringing a world cup chart from the Sunday papers for Jimmy Anthis at the Rainbow complex, I am sure he will be very grateful. In addition

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #6985 on: June 08, 2014, 09:33:20 AM »
I think Chris G, leaves Monday. Let's hope he picks this up.

Negg

Offline Sinbad

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #6986 on: June 08, 2014, 02:06:33 PM »
Back in Arillas after 8 years away and it's even more beautiful than I remember. I  was concerned that after the financial crisis it would be looking a little run down, but wanted to return to support these lovely people. I shouldn't hv worried it's beautiful and the flowers everywhere are stunning! Would love to upload some photos and videos if anyone can tell me how ?

Offline Sinbad

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #6987 on: June 08, 2014, 02:06:57 PM »
Back in Arillas after 8 years away and it's even more beautiful than I remember. I  was concerned that after the financial crisis it would be looking a little run down, but wanted to return to support these lovely people. I shouldn't hv worried it's beautiful and the flowers everywhere are stunning! Would love to upload some photos and videos if anyone can tell me how ?

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #6988 on: June 08, 2014, 02:34:53 PM »
If anyone is coming out Monday /Tuesday is there a chance of bringing a world cup chart from the Sunday papers for Jimmy Anthis at the Rainbow complex, I am sure he will be very grateful. In addition

Could be a possible England v Greece match on July 28th or 29th if we both get through the group stages

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #6989 on: June 08, 2014, 02:36:18 PM »

Could be a possible England v Greece match on June 28th or 29th if we both get through the group stages

Booking.com