Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101967 times)

ger and 20 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #6570 on: October 01, 2013, 06:33:56 PM »
A British theme , Terry?

I hope that doesn't mean scores of youngsters overflowing pavements at 2 a.m and picking fights with anyone who dares to stare at them!

Sorry Guv, I know what you mean and that would be a super touch to a festival like this.

Arillas Today? - A snadge of rain but nothing that replaces your long warm shower. Sitting super with a 24 deg outside temp and meditating, on the first sentence of this posting, which greatly helped me leave the UK in the first place.

The Beer festival will be a great success, that I know, and the work around the Brewery to make it a pristine event has been excellent. (Do you think I can get an Ouzo, as well?)

Cheers
Negg

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #6571 on: October 02, 2013, 02:52:27 AM »
I feel sure it will be a resounding success. Given that, it must be doing the local economy a power of good to see a big influx of people for the week it is on. I know of several who will be there when they wouldn't otherwise.

I would love to see more of Arillas open from 1st April to 14th November. But it can only happen if there is enough occupancy, not just the one family or couple staying in each accommodation. Having events like this at the edges of the season will help this to become a reality.

Phil

Offline Hels Bels

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #6572 on: October 02, 2013, 01:18:05 PM »
Arillas today is a tad breezy but as soon as you wander away from the beach the temp is very pleasant. We are normally here in June so it's interesting to see everyone on wind down. Verrry relaxing which is just what the doctor ordered.

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #6573 on: October 02, 2013, 08:57:24 PM »
hels bels ,,ditto were always there in june,but was there last week ,,no matter what time of the yr its just magial

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #6574 on: October 02, 2013, 11:42:36 PM »
. Verrry relaxing which is just what the doctor ordered.

Just like tonight at Thomas's -Cheers Guys!

And... We get to see Barrie n Janis n Viv n Pete. - Luv the hair Viv! - Can I borrow some??
Negg

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #6575 on: October 03, 2013, 12:13:20 AM »
Been here all last week and aint seen you..be in Marvel thursday afternoon..

Offline Steve & Carole

« Reply #6576 on: October 03, 2013, 12:33:14 PM »
900,000 reads !!!  Brilliant. Thanks Eggy et al.          Steve.

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6577 on: October 03, 2013, 02:05:03 PM »

And every one a joy to read, keep up the good work.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #6578 on: October 03, 2013, 06:18:02 PM »
900,000 plus is a credit to all of us and, returning home at 5pm, (early today DONCHYERKNOW)
I am "am-mayonaised" at that.

Arillas today gives us a dry and sombre 23 deg approx. and so quiet that I sat in Marvel and my cat broke wind in Kavadaddaes and I heard her!!! - Don't think it was Kes but too polite to ask.
Nice chat with Kes at Marvel who returns to the UK on Monday.

Bumped into a chirpy Viv n laid back Pete this afternoon. (We don't want them any other way than that)
Nice little chat and then, off they went with their "Corfu Brewery Spoils" of ginger beer - Not Sharing??

Many places here are nearly fully booked with "Corfu/Arillas Beer Festival" goers making sure they have a bed to collapse on after their nights activities. Gotta be good for all surrounding areas.

I luv this place and just wish I had an extra 6 hours in the afternoon to catch up with all.

Cheers
Negg

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #6579 on: October 03, 2013, 06:38:10 PM »
Negg, why dont you ask Brian May instead after all I borrowed it from him, it just went a bit wrong sort of Cocker style. Haho what does it matter we are in Arillas and loving evetu minute of it. Tell Wendy that I will send her the date time and place as soon as flights are booked. Lovely seeing you all last night. We also have some barley wine here and you are welcome to join us. X

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Hels Bels

« Reply #6580 on: October 03, 2013, 07:12:51 PM »
Neill I think I heard the cat too! Ammos is very welcoming this evening, definitely cardi weather, but the sunset is making up for it.

Offline Geoff

• Corfiotophile
  • Arillas Addict
    • http://www.geoff-and-sue.freehighway.net
« Reply #6581 on: October 04, 2013, 01:34:40 PM »
Not quite "Today" - but close enough I hope - September 26th Sunset over Arillas Jetty. Thought that those who are not as lucky as Eggy et al that can stay in paradise, but who have to return to the UK, might like a little reminder of the beauty of this place.

Home is where the heart is - CORFU :-)

Offline ness44

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #6582 on: October 04, 2013, 04:13:29 PM »
What a fantastic picture. That would look great on my wall!!!!

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #6583 on: October 04, 2013, 05:39:05 PM »
A super picture , Geoff..... But... only those lucky as an Eggy? Only If I have 2 Yolks!!

Mind you , I am told I am full of Yolks and always Yolking. Perhaps life can be too serious, sometimes.

So.... What do we do on the 4th October when nature is good enough to furnish us with 22deg n dry?

We get the chance to meet old n new pals n sit and have a "coffee" or two.
(In my case , lose a game or three of darts! - But do we care? - Nah)

Arillas is being nice to us all. - October and still super Holidays - WOT IS IT ALL ABOUT?
Negg

Offline AJC51

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #6584 on: October 04, 2013, 11:02:03 PM »
Great photo Geoff thanks for sharing

Al

Booking.com