Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3102043 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #6555 on: September 27, 2013, 05:17:09 PM »
Arillas Today was an Ouzo free day!!!! - (Believe that and believe everything)

I am told that it makes me irritable - Moi ??? - Nah! (Unless I can't get the top off the bottle!!!

We have been spoilt here today with high afternoon temps, currently sitting on 27 deg at 5:15.
End of September and bodies still on sunbeds and beach? - WOTSITALLABOUT?

There is a "wind down-siga siga" feeling which, as usual each Summer, affects all our local Arillas pals.
More time can be spent enjoying time with customers as the hustle/bustle slowly melts away.
Some also get to make use of their pools as it is a tad quieter. Arillas is also starting its holiday.
How nice is that?

Cheers
Negg

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #6556 on: September 27, 2013, 06:17:25 PM »
Well we have four hours left of our Adventure
just time for dinner and a few bye bye's (till next July)
Arillas today has again been quite hot with quite a few people taking in the late summer sun on the beach
Had a walk round the village this morning and then some time spent at Sharons pool bar followed by a refreshing bip in that deep blue sea.

We are going to miss this place but home is our destination or so the tickets we have say so. Flight back at 2am then All night TESCO before five.

Almost over so it's cherio from us.
Arillas Today will be for others Tomorow

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #6557 on: September 27, 2013, 06:38:09 PM »
Safe journey
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6558 on: September 27, 2013, 10:18:58 PM »

Have a lovely dinner Dot and John, safe journey and may the time fly until next July.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline momo

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #6559 on: September 27, 2013, 11:52:51 PM »
Thanks for the reports John and Dot. Safe journey and swift return to you.

Eggy is King!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #6560 on: September 28, 2013, 10:10:28 AM »
I have loved your reports too John and thank you for taking the time to entertain us :)
Life is good ;)

Offline spicy

« Reply #6561 on: September 28, 2013, 01:21:21 PM »
arrived in arillas yesterday, our first full day today started  with a lovely morning on the beech lovely lunch at ammos just finished mopping up the oil and herbs off my plate, chilled glass of wine to finish yammas

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #6562 on: September 28, 2013, 05:36:56 PM »
Spicy - So far so good then????

5:30 pm and finishing at 27deg. - ( But many Arillas "goers" never finish at 5:30. They go on n on n on.
Ah - To be young again and be able to charge up the battery on my zimmer frame which would take me, at high speeds, to those evening Tavernas and Bars.

It's all looking good here and although, in my opinion, tends to get a tad chilly by 10pm, that is a small sacrifice to make for a super time.

Enyoy y'all
Negg

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #6563 on: September 28, 2013, 06:58:30 PM »
Missing it all now we are back home
looked in at Amourada last night Neil (darts and no Eggy whatsthatallabout)
left a note there for you.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #6564 on: September 28, 2013, 10:46:13 PM »
Well John,

Sometimes I put Wegg first and last light was one of those times. Really sorry I missed you.

(Darts, for me can happen anytime but sad now I am going a hard  'ole 10 months plus till we chat again!)

21 deg at 11pm - ???? - Maybe a thicker duvet is required!

Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #6565 on: September 29, 2013, 12:38:02 AM »
Goodonyer Spicy. Sounds typical for a first morning / lunch. We usually gravitate to Rainbow and exchange goody bags with Eggy. Rare that money changes hands, though. It's amazing how many Jelly Babies you get for a bottle of vodka....

many Arillas "goers" never finish at 5:30. They go on n on n on.
It does dminish Eggy. We have been known to leave the Nut 12 hours later (ie 5.30am) with the sun coming up, and saying kalinichta to our Erja, but these days it is much earlier. The effects of Perry's Black Russian, wonderful company and chat, let alone the bands and singers wears us out now. Jo Wissett took a picture of me snuggling up to Jen this July, well short of 5.30.

Who cares? Arillas is for all of us, doing it all our way, and sharing the magic we all feel whenever we are there.

Phil

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #6566 on: September 29, 2013, 09:42:33 AM »
We have been known to leave the Nut 12 hours later (ie 5.30am) with the sun coming up, and saying kalinichta to our Erja

8) yep yep....mind you I have not been able to those nights for a couple of years now :D Good times!
Life is good ;)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #6567 on: September 30, 2013, 05:39:34 PM »
Arillas Today , leaves us with a 24deg outside temp, and although dry, the prospect of more rain is favourable. - Favourable to some and "Doesn't matter" to many!!

A dry , but windy morning , and just a tad before the rain came down, took a piccie of our "Mr Nice Guy"

He's computer concentrating and when asked for any message to those of you, back in the UK, could only utter......... Kalo Himona (Have a good Winter)

Then... the rain came down with a power cut for some in Arillas. Young n upcoming darter , Paniotis, tries to show us just how much water can fall in such a short time.

Dimitris, meanwhile, now has a little time to relax and play a game... or two?

I think it was only one though, as I wanted a beer and he lost.... only to punish me on the dartboard.

and.... for those interested in the beer fest, here is the poster which I found today.
(Turn heads sideways , folks!!!).

Today's little downpour bothers no-one. Any time "lost" on the beach is far , far made up for by the time we all have to chat with friends - Or lose a few games of darts, etc etc.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #6568 on: September 30, 2013, 05:55:47 PM »
Not even I can read that poster!!! - Durr!

It says a five day festival from the 9th to the 13th October

try this link ; www.arillas.com/beer-festival

Negg

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6569 on: September 30, 2013, 09:25:33 PM »
I spoke to Spiros at the brewery yesterday. He said he would like to do a British theme next year. If anyone has any contacts with CAMRA, please send a message to Spiros. I did say to him that I wished it could just take place in late September next year.

Booking.com