Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3102009 times)

Karen/Colin and 23 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #6435 on: July 24, 2013, 04:07:57 PM »
Arillas Today is toast. My eBay thermometer says 35 but it is probably more in truth. This will be a short post. I am floating away as I type

Phi

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #6436 on: July 25, 2013, 05:35:51 PM »
I persevere with Arillas Today. If somebody reads it I am content.

Not quite so hot but still hot. Maybe 32 degrees just now. In spite of all the debates there are no obvious dangly bits unless you go deep south or far north. Many happy families are enjoying amazingly good times on the beach and in the pools.

The euro rate is still disappointing, but the prices are still being held low which helps keeps Arillas a value for money destination.

Yes, we are now fully booked for the remaining days of our 17th time here. Very busy times ahead. We get back on Tuesday, and that may be the next time you hear from me.

Phil

Online Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #6437 on: July 25, 2013, 05:38:41 PM »
Enjoy Phil, we have been home nearly a week now & already planning for next year!
Karen

Offline AJC51

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #6438 on: July 25, 2013, 09:09:41 PM »
Photo's and report please Karen so enjoyed last years

Al & Sal

Online Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #6439 on: July 26, 2013, 03:38:47 PM »
Al & Sal, when the weather cools off I will do a report. This years holiday was a lot more sedate as we just went with friends, the kids are both working for a living now! Still we did have a quad bike & boat adventure (again!)

Karen

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #6440 on: July 26, 2013, 06:43:15 PM »
Still at 32 deg here at 6:30 pm?? - WOTSITALLABOUT?

Beach is looking a cracker, but didn't like to look to much in case I get arrested!

It looks to me that ,as end of July approaches, Arillas is starting to bring in those August guests from many destinations. Methinks the first week in August will see many Italians and Germans and mainline Greeks plus maybe a few Russians etc etc. (Watch out for shiny new cars in middle of road , guys!!!)
I am told there are few Russians here now.Is Arillas on it's way to being another Nice? - Nice!

A simple 45 mins spent with Phi n Jen at Coconut today was bliss indeed.
Three W's, Ag. Stephanos, will look forward to a visit from us all, on Sunday.
P n J have been super conversation company for me over the last 2 weeks and even my Wegg had a super time with them. ANDWHYNOT????
(Took me 10 minutes to un-chain her from the kitchen sink!)
She likes to go out, so she says, every time she does I set light to her again!!

31.6 deg at 6:35pm now. Should I keep typing? Another 30 minutes may bring it down to 20. - DONCHYERKNOW!?

All in all yet another super day. Many places with brollies should you need them.
As Michael Parkinson says on his daily TV ad.
"You can't find better cover than this!" -

You can all tell , from this post, it's been a good day.
Excited little bunny signing off.
Negg

Offline adairsl

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #6441 on: July 26, 2013, 09:56:02 PM »
Cant pretend I always follow Neggy and Phils posts but I know they are enjoying themselves and that is the main thing!
Also they have the passion for Arillas which we all share.
Roll on the 23rd August.Kaloudis and Portofino to look forward to along with many other places.
Oliver.

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #6442 on: July 27, 2013, 09:11:18 AM »
Three W's, Ag. Stephanos, will look forward to a visit from us all, on Sunday.

Nice! Say hello to Margarita for me :)
Life is good ;)

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6443 on: July 27, 2013, 12:23:38 PM »
Well folks Arillas today is HOT HOT HOT. I can report that everything is still as perfect! Sea lovely and warm and beach fantastic! Eldest Son landed home safely so we are a foursome for the next ten days! Neil Diamond at the Coconut last night as well as phil and Jen, Fiona, Gaye and Ness! Brouklis chops are divine as always, hired a boat which was great fun and hopefully getting scooter today! Wish you were here xx

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #6444 on: July 27, 2013, 01:02:12 PM »
Wish you were here xx

Thanks for the thought Jo, We also wish we were there.

Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #6445 on: July 27, 2013, 03:01:44 PM »
I am posting this because we have broken a promise to meet a lovely lady as she arrives today for 6 weeks in heaven. Neither of us were up to much this morning, and Jen is sleeping like a baby as I type - so sorry luvver.

Arillas Today is still hot. In the sun Bobby's thermometer reached 50 degrees, but it could easily be more. 50 was the top of its scale.

As expected, PhilandJen have been treated superbly by everyone. But so has everyone else. The usual Arillas atmosphere is unchanged and available to all.

Arillas Today, UK tomorrow? Not quite! We have a wonderful day planned for tomorrow and a totally chilled afternoon at Graziella on Monday.

We have learned from JohnTheRef - don't cry for me Arillas - we will be back.

Phil

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #6446 on: July 27, 2013, 06:34:24 PM »
Yes Phil you are spot on.
We were so disappointed when we thought that Arillas was not going to happen this summer. No tears just the thought of returning carried us through, Arillas will be there and waiting for us in September

We will have two fabulous weeks then return home because as I always say "without returning we wont be able to come back" and we know that we will come back.

Enjoy your final few days keep having fun, back to normal next summer (best get table 13 booked in advance)

Offline sandraandjim

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #6447 on: July 27, 2013, 10:14:41 PM »
Hi Phil, we can confirm that there were indeed at least 7 mythos bottles on the table at Amourouda last week but I can't say that i saw a flower arrangement! mmm there were a few bottles which had petals protruding from their necks now that I come to think of it lol.   Great seeing you both again, enjoy your last few days and hope to meet up again next year.

Love and best wishes
Sandra and Jim

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #6448 on: July 29, 2013, 12:59:37 PM »
Nothing is so good it lasts eternally,
Perfect situations must go wrong......

And my Arillas Today goes wrong BIG-TIME! My Arillas Tomorrow will be online and back in UK.....

It is still the best July weather we have ever known, the debates on dangly bits have all but gone away (whatever problems there were, we all got it out of proportion) and the North beach is more glorious than ever.

I will be found for the rest of the day, with the two loves of my life in Graziella. I will let you lot work out who the other one is....

Phil

Offline daisyday

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #6449 on: July 29, 2013, 01:03:59 PM »
I was thinking one may be called "Mythos" and the other "Jen"!

Booking.com