Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101569 times)

Offline Val n Bill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #6420 on: July 22, 2013, 09:10:06 AM »

Can't believe how much we're missing being there. So keep sending us all the news,    "our three on the spot reporters".

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6421 on: July 22, 2013, 01:57:10 PM »
Al, the North beach is FANTASTIC. Best access I have ever known. Only a couple of wades in usual place but only ankle (if that) deep. The improvements to the beach road are fantastic, with a lovely ramp at Kaloudis end and I have found my perfect beach seat for evening wine drinking haha! Currently sitting on Jetty seat with free wifi curtosy of Horizon. Great night last night with the legendary Phil and Jen and even spotted Robert Smith (aka Neil Diamond!) In the Coconut. Arillas is ready and waiting for you and it feels like we have never been away. Todays plans? After a gorgeous hour this morming on the sublme North beach we now plan a leisurely liquid lunch at Effis and probably Portifino tonight. Life does not get much better. Believe me. Oh and my swing? Its just heaven :):)

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6422 on: July 22, 2013, 04:51:01 PM »
Sounds ace, Jo, thanks for sharing with us!  Watch them knees, if you've got silly shoes with you ha ha xx
Cheryl O

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #6423 on: July 22, 2013, 05:10:00 PM »
Yammas Jo, Mick and family. This "leg end" feels more like "scrag end" in Arillas Today, surprise surprise. It was a "top end" evening with glorious food and welcome at Brouklis. Tina Turner could have my "big end" any day she likes, and in "the end" the evidence is apparently going to be published all over Facebook.

It was a very typical party-time Arillas Today, but not without decorum, dignity, sophistication etc. Yeah, right. Believe that and you'll believe anything. I didn't see any evidence of any of that!!! It was a riot, 3 deep in the road outside the Nut, and our performer had legs even better than the "real thing."

The Bardis crew have now seen all the video and photographic evidence taken by our fellow inmates in Paradise, and many suitable comments have been made. I am not allowed to disclose them until the Greek Government gives me permission.

Arillas Today? Is that what I am supposed to be reporting? You'd better ask someone who is vaguely conscious!

Phil

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #6424 on: July 22, 2013, 06:17:11 PM »
BUT PHIL
would we expect anything less,i know i wouldnt ,,yiammas mucca

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #6425 on: July 22, 2013, 06:39:19 PM »
"Dangly Bits?" - " Leg End?" - "Scrag End?"
The last time I heard a "Big End" it was rattling under the bonnet of my car.

WOTHAVI logged into? - Dangly Bits? .....
-....... Do we care if you want to wear long ear rings Phil? WOTEVERLITESYERCANDLE - DONCHYERKNOW?
Scrag end - I know nothing , but Leg end? - There should be no space between these two words! - This is the P n J "LEGEND" that Arillas knows so well.

Arillas today sits mockingly on 33 deg at 6:30 and the sun cream is melting before you get it outa de already melted big plastic blob of a bottle.
I was in Sidari, this afternoon, at Sea Monkeys, which is Canal da Mor end.
(Try this place sometime, a bar right on the beach-Nice people)
Anyway, saw a Sidari "Doughnut Man" - Well dressed and very professional. Doing good business. A discreet enquiry revealed his prices were very good. There may be someone who could learn from this guy. (OOOSDATDEN?)

Be well P n J and "Jo W" n all in Arillas at this time. Tomorrow afternoon will find me at Armourada should anyone wish to trade ear rings for a Mythos or 2.
(Scrag end only acceptable if it is Lamb - Very nice in a stew , so I'm told)
Negg

Offline Vaughan & Angie

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #6426 on: July 22, 2013, 08:10:33 PM »
five weeks and counting, then nothing but the ghost of Jo Wissett at Marinaki.....  but hopefully the good times shall reverberate through time to us all.

Enjoy all of you there and soon to be, we feed off the scraps of your enjoyment.

thank you

Offline adairsl

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #6427 on: July 22, 2013, 08:39:23 PM »
23rd August not too long now.Then it will be our turn to personally enjoy our favourite place.Until then we will vicariously enjoy the chaos and joy on the forum!
Oliver.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #6428 on: July 23, 2013, 12:43:10 AM »
Chaos? Joy? They are in plentiful supply. Here in Arillas there are many who are suggesting Kostas would be a good name for the new Royal.

Personally I am far more interested in the new Spiros Bardis who is due to join us in October. I may even be wetting his head here in Arillas!

justphil's Arillas Today was laid back, and total enjoyment. The social whirl was ignored and many hugs were followed by kalinichta. We are sorry it was always goodnight, but we have stolen a few hours of precious Arillas time and in truth, we are not sorry at all.

We had invites to tomorrow's party, and to Eggy's lunchtime, both of which will be accepted.

More Arillas Today Tomorrow or was it Yesterday?

kalinichta meluvvers
Phil

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6429 on: July 23, 2013, 08:50:55 AM »
Hi Phil n Jen from a thunder n lightning rain drenched England!  Just love these reports, you sound to be having as magic a time as usual. 

Have a great day
Love Sharon xx

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6430 on: July 23, 2013, 09:19:34 AM »

Sharing Sharon's weather, so please enjoy your day everyone in Arillas and send us some sunny reports.

This thunder and rain is so disappointing, looks like our summer is over.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #6431 on: July 23, 2013, 07:34:12 PM »
Arillas Today is steaming hot at 35 degrees right now, 6pm.

A gloriously laid back natter with Eggy in Armourada. Followed by a much up front couple of hours nattering with Sue and Roy. Not to mention Leon and Hana who were the glue holding us together with Mythos etc. Neil Diamond intervened at intervals, but I have two very contrasting Arillas stories to add to this post.

2 years ago I left a packet of JPs Blue fags in the Nut. About 10 left in it. In Arillas Today, Hana had worked out that they must be ours and handed them back to us. If you don't understand how special that is, please stop reading.

But the more important part, Bill's ashes will be scattered from the sea into the sea in Arillas on Thursday evening. He loved this place more than me if that is possible. The darts party at Armourada has been cancelled. I am very comfortable with that decision and will be there to say goodbye.

Phil

Offline Martin_G

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #6432 on: July 23, 2013, 09:36:24 PM »
2 years ago I left a packet of JPs Blue fags in the Nut. About 10 left in it. In Arillas Today, Hana had worked out that they must be ours and handed them back to us. If you don't understand how special that is, please stop reading.

I normally read with much interest the happening on the forum, read with interest 'Arillas Today' and the latest news. But Phil, yes how very very special is that!!

Martin.

Offline AJC51

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #6433 on: July 24, 2013, 12:01:16 AM »
Thanks for reports and photo's Phil & Jen glad your doing what you do best. Pleased the north beach is only an ankle deep wade and your swing is in safe hands Jo.

Al Sal & Becs 

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #6434 on: July 24, 2013, 02:22:13 AM »
I have had so many Arillas Todays I do not know where to begin. I have tried to share them all with you, but cannot succeed.

Today was supposed to be a quiet one, and we promised to see the band in the Nut. But the meetings and Mythos changed it all.

Bored in Arillas? Yes please. It would be the only eperience I have never had here.

Phil

Booking.com