Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101953 times)

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #6000 on: September 22, 2012, 01:06:21 AM »
Indeed a lovely man as you sound as well Oliver. Also wishing you the very best and many lovely Spiro experiences in the next few years!

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6001 on: September 22, 2012, 01:24:15 AM »

Best wishes from Val n Bill too Oliver, Arillas is an great healer as many people can testify.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline BlueHeather

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
  • Dizzy Blonde Cat Woman
« Reply #6002 on: September 22, 2012, 05:58:00 PM »
bravo  mate and well done to you for getting your piece  of heaven after such radical surgery..... have yet to try portifino with this being our first ever visit. however we did have a  coffee there when we visited from Kalami last year....on a very windy early may day.....and had such a warm welcome from the waiter who sold us the resort.....and here we are!!!

well....arillas today is back to how i assume.... it should be..... we despaired of the beach past two days and have been elsewhere, including san stephanos today....however on our return we ventured up on scooter to akotori???? to take some pics...Dylan u know what i am like with a camera lol   noticed a big difference in arillas beach today from up there.....not only is there sand.....woweeee but no huge waves....yeah!!!!  only downside so far is we lost (our team) to Real Madrid....we nearly did them....but..... then berazi.....blue moon still rising lol.   KEITH /dylan/ We are sold...... have been to a different taverna every night...aiming to to do most if not all....and will return to our favourite on last night or last two..... not had a bad meal yet... all great even a pizza and salad  at the italian pizzeria place..as had a beer too many and couldnt walk further!!!! last night just ate in captains we had done paleo on scooter  and to be truthfull both knackered.... but what a nice relaxing evening.....i am a big cat lover  so was in heaven with the felines in there..much to next tables distress i think..opps!   ... tonight think it will be end of drag.......far end...?? right signing off now ...yammas from a hot and sunny Arillas xxx  Heather and Paul.......x
Women are like angels....   And when someone breaks our wings,
we simply continue to fly......usually on a broomstick.
We're flexible like that   ;-)

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #6003 on: September 22, 2012, 06:23:52 PM »
Lovely to read Heather. Akrotiri is special in many of our hearts because we know and love Nikos whose special project it is. Apart from the views to die for, the amazing welcome and the lovely food and drink.

I think you have discovered what makes Arillas more special than Ag. George and Ag. Stefanos to the many of us who never go anywhere else. It is addictive.

There is far too much to experience first time, but even after 14 visits and ten years, we still cannot fit everyone into a three week stay. The beach has its own personality, changing with the wind, but when she is ready she is beautiful. And the food is superb everywhere, as you have found.

Thanks for posting Arillas Today. I hope this is the start of many more Todays in Arillas for you.

Phil

Offline dylan

« Reply #6004 on: September 22, 2012, 11:03:17 PM »
we are so glad you are both "sold" on Arrilas! it only takes one visit! enjoy the rest of your hols, hope the weather continues to improve, touch frosty this morning, but has been a lovely day, if a bit chilly. xx

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6005 on: September 23, 2012, 07:58:07 PM »

Hi Heather, don't forget to try Vavilas (Thomas's) if you haven't already done so. The best fish you could ask for, authentic Greek food and a wonderful family.... plus beautiful cats, just walk up the road past Bardis Sun Hotel.

Val x

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6006 on: September 23, 2012, 08:00:46 PM »

Sorry Neill, another hi-jack.

Val x

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #6007 on: September 23, 2012, 11:14:42 PM »
As Kenny Everett used to say:-
"It's all done in the best possible taste!"

(Who? - I hear people ask!)

Arillas tonight closes on a 20 deg outside temp and duvets are slowly finding their way to our bed. I'm told it will be a hottie weeek from avrio.

Cheers
Negg

Offline BlueHeather

• Dizzy Blonde Cat Woman
« Reply #6008 on: September 24, 2012, 05:20:00 PM »
windy today but lovely.....scooter over to ag stephanos......was very blowy down front as we had originally decided in there......back to base now for a couple of mythos and a chat.....no Neil i didnt see you honest injun wink wink
tomorrow forecast looking good...... thanks for tip on thomas......we are planning on that at weekend.....dud Kostas on the beach last night......honey roast lamb special......yummy!!! tonight i think portofino. keep wrapped up folks......sorry i shall fetch me coat wink wink.....

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #6009 on: September 24, 2012, 06:20:13 PM »
tonight i think portofino. keep wrapped up folks......sorry i shall fetch me coat wink wink.....

:D enjoy!
Life is good ;)

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #6010 on: September 24, 2012, 08:57:44 PM »
Portofino ,Grandpas chicken highly recommended Heather i could just eat one right now to keep the cold and miserable wet weather out up here in Yorkshire RAIN RAIN RAIN GRRRRRRRRRR

Offline dylan

« Reply #6011 on: September 25, 2012, 09:39:16 PM »
I second that GRRRRRRRRRRRRR !

Offline BlueHeather

• Dizzy Blonde Cat Woman
« Reply #6012 on: September 28, 2012, 05:00:25 PM »
well to be truthful here guys had the worst two meals of the holiday there so wont be returning.  plus the service was dire...slow and very surly........off to the fish taverna on back road tonight.... spent the day on ag georgious beach today....very hot and sunny...and just relaxing now with an ice  old one at rainbow pool bar....yammas!

Offline Ron and Sue

« Reply #6013 on: September 28, 2012, 05:36:46 PM »
Sure you will enjoy the food at Vavilas.The food is fantastic and although the service may not be the fastest it certainly will not be surly.Very surprised at your comments on Portofino though as we have never been disappointed there.Maybe just an off night.Was it particularly busy?If you get time before the end of your stay you must try Efis.Enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Offline daisyday

« Reply #6014 on: September 28, 2012, 06:40:06 PM »
Yes, would highly recommend Efi's too.   We only had lunch at Portofino this visit but it was very good and, not sure who the chap was that was serving, he was such good fun - we also stopped there for a couple of frappes during our stay.

Booking.com