Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3101513 times)

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #5670 on: May 27, 2012, 07:58:03 PM »
Gaudy shorts or not...looking forward to seeing you and your fair maiden there kind sir!

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #5671 on: May 27, 2012, 11:49:45 PM »
Going to miss you Eileen, we will be back in Blighty when you go back home.

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5672 on: May 28, 2012, 01:08:26 AM »

Oh no John and Dot....... we only arrive late on the 20th so will maybe meet sometime 21st or 22nd,  will walk up to Rainbow on the Saturday
afternoon, not a firm 'date' just hope to meet again.

ValnBill x
The love affair continues.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #5673 on: May 29, 2012, 04:46:15 PM »
Arillas today, once again, treats all here with respect.
A super morning with a tad/twinge of chilly in between. Only a minor sacrifice for the very good afternoon. Sitting on an outside temp of 23deg at 5pm and , whilst not as warm, maybe, as the UK, it's still a cracker.
And.... "I spy" .... more people here. Tria Adelphia has more guests and I am sure that more bodies are "on the streets". Good for Arillas and good for all.

Meanwhile, Vassilis at Armourada, continues to do "his bit" for Arillas conservation.

Try and imagine just how many hours and effort he has put into this project!
Collecting cans etc etc. A gold star from all here and, if you remember when you are in Arillas, give him a pat on the back.
Tis been a good day, today, and that "Darts thingy" game has also been a good suprise with a fun and amusing afternoon.

Look on the darts posting for more of that one.
Cheers
Negg

Offline stevemary

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #5674 on: May 29, 2012, 06:34:46 PM »
A big Well Done to Vassillis for all his good work.

Offline Verena

« Reply #5675 on: May 31, 2012, 11:15:38 PM »
Hi Eggy, how are you? So, where are the darts postgs then? Can't find them... ;-)

Arillas today, once again, treats all here with respect.
A super morning with a tad/twinge of chilly in between. Only a minor sacrifice for the very good afternoon. Sitting on an outside temp of 23deg at 5pm and , whilst not as warm, maybe, as the UK, it's still a cracker.
And.... "I spy" .... more people here. Tria Adelphia has more guests and I am sure that more bodies are "on the streets". Good for Arillas and good for all.

Meanwhile, Vassilis at Armourada, continues to do "his bit" for Arillas conservation.

Try and imagine just how many hours and effort he has put into this project!
Collecting cans etc etc. A gold star from all here and, if you remember when you are in Arillas, give him a pat on the back.
Tis been a good day, today, and that "Darts thingy" game has also been a good suprise with a fun and amusing afternoon.

Look on the darts posting for more of that one.
Cheers
Negg

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #5676 on: June 01, 2012, 04:18:21 PM »
Thanks Vassilis, Keep up the good work. Lets hope more people join you. Viv x

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Alan and Jan

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #5677 on: June 05, 2012, 11:45:02 AM »
Arrillas today with the loudest clap of thunder I have ever heard. Just after 0830 the nuclear explosion went off about 2feet from my left ear. Fair rattled my fillings. Then the rain came down. You could not see more than 2 yards as it was that heavy. According to Poppy the forecast is for rain on and off for most of the day until about 6pm. Then supposed to be in the 30,s for the rest of the week.

On a personal note I am improving every day. The antibiotics are working away slowly. Just about got my appetite back but no alcohol until I get home next week.
Alan and Jan

Eight letters, three words one meaning- Take That

Offline Ann K

• Arillas Addict
  • Arillas! Arillas! Arillas!
« Reply #5678 on: June 05, 2012, 03:19:00 PM »
Glad to hear you're improving, pity about the lack of a bevvy or two though!  The thunder storm must be the reason the
we b c a m isn't working.  Missing the daily fix so please keep posting to let us know what's going on.
Best wishes.
Ann x

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #5679 on: June 05, 2012, 03:33:55 PM »
alan /jan
keep taking the pills ,,theres plenty of years for a drink in arillas,,,at least your there,,,yammas

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #5680 on: June 05, 2012, 06:04:15 PM »
Alan / Jan

Sorry I missed you at Thallassa the other evening. Wanted to say hello, after you had eaten but then, in a whoosh, you were gone. Great to know that Alan was well looked after, but then, who isn't in Arillas?

The bad weather, this morning, blew a few internet connections and a few servers which now need replacing. - We lost our internet all morning.

Now, however, Arillas Today is fine and sunny and 25deg outside at 6pm.
WOTSALLTHATABOUT? - Maybe just a bad dream. (The morning, not now)
Cheers
Negg

Offline sueandmikeakablondegirl

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #5681 on: June 05, 2012, 10:44:02 PM »
the thunder report reminded us of our last visit to Arillas... middle of October and it lashed it down... thankfully mostly in the late afternoon evenings.    Could have done with a pair of wellies... we stayed at the BS Hotel and we had hail stones crashing at the front door and water coming in under it..  the sky was black coming in from the sea and it was ominous as it got closer and closer, flower pots were blown into the swimming pool. Mike had to dive in and rescue odds and ends!!!  umbrellas were blown across the garden... totally amazing storm... we have never ever seen one like it before and since.. then in the morning all sunny as if nothing had happened.. Freaky weather but it added to the fun of everything.. going to dinner in our dripping kagools and the windows steaming up and everyone ordering soup!... then being lent black bin liners at Effies and a lift home. Great fun!

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5682 on: June 05, 2012, 11:42:34 PM »
Arillas veterans Sue and Mike, our memory is in 2008 at Elena Stella. I woke up to snappy Lara, who had adopted me as Mum for the whole stay, and she was still sleeping all down my side, as she often did if we let her in.

The sky was black, and mother nature let rip. There was no daylight and the thunder, lightning and rain were merciless. The dog just climbed under the cover as I got up. I sat on the patio getting wet while the kettle boiled for morning coffee. Jen stirred and we shared the strange new experience after weeks of red hot sun.

A bit later we met a couple staying there too, whose one week in Arillas was dominated by storms. We shared a whole morning trapped in the bar (but enjoyably so) with Linda and hubby. Don't know how we have forgotten his name after he ran up  to their apartment to sort something out and arrived back soaking wet, in nothing but a towel. The rain had defeated him and his clothes.

Lovely memories, but in truth meluvver, it was the year we met Sue and Mike. And we have many fond memories of yous both.

Phil

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #5683 on: June 11, 2012, 09:56:12 AM »
No storms in Arillas today Phil.

Just past 9:15 am-ish and dry with 24deg.

Beach looking good.

Some kelp at the far end of the beach which pleases many of us gardeners here, many of whom probably sneak down at night with a large bag or two and a shovel.

Still plenty of space for all.
Cheers
Negg

Offline sheila

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #5684 on: June 11, 2012, 10:47:55 AM »
Lovely pictures of the beach today,can't wait to be there in August thanks Eggy.
SHEILA

Booking.com