Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3093361 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #9510 on: November 26, 2020, 10:52:49 PM »
Looks like we are ISO'd , here , until 7th December. - A tad of an extension but .... whatever!!
What a shame I have to stay home and watch "Live Championship Darts" every afternoon for a week.
Poor Wegg , no doubt, will increase her daily excercise as she has just got through 7 days of the "Grand Slam"
I will make it up to her.

and....... hello to you ScottishYianis. - Cannot see yer post though.

Arillas/Kavadaddes today signs off at 11 deg / 11pm.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9511 on: December 01, 2020, 07:23:11 PM »
We don't like 10deg , outside , at 7pm... Oh No no no!!!
anyway... yahboo to that as we enjoy 22 deg inside. (At the cost of 6 litres of heating oil , per day)
Just had 300 ltrs delivered at .93 cents a litre. Leave you to do the sums!!

A nice dry day though and a spot of strimming tomorrow as rain may be meandering our way by Thursday.
In a desperate need for an Arillas visit... soon... Roll on 7th DEC , unless any changes.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Scottishyannis

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #9512 on: December 03, 2020, 12:08:18 PM »
Yassou Neil and Mrs Wegg snow here today just a little bit hope you get this

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9513 on: December 03, 2020, 01:53:02 PM »
That's "snow fun" Yannis.

Overnight rain, up to 11am, has given us around 50mm in the rain guage. No sign of it stopping yet.
Looking forward to the end of our lockdown with Tavernas/Bars opening again. - (We hope)

From what we are reading here , there was one covid death in Perolades , the other day and 3 Corfu cases reported yesterday. Looks like all rules are being followed here. - But , as y'all know , it is very easy to go stir crazy and bad weather does not help at all.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9514 on: December 03, 2020, 05:52:27 PM »
So.... rain has stopped, for a tad , and gives us another 33mm. - Hmmmm!!
and...just heard that our lockdown has been extended to DEC 14th. Bummer.

Maybe I will paint the walls , for a third time , instead of climbing up 'em.??
(I must be positive and think of the money saved by not venturing out)
Cheers
Negg

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #9515 on: December 04, 2020, 11:50:14 AM »
Oh dear! Well better to be safe than sorry me thinks. And please Eggy dearest don't climb on them walls after painting - Weggy wont appreciate the laundry ;)
Life is good ;)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9516 on: December 04, 2020, 12:50:57 PM »
Erja
Looks like bad weather will be here for a few days more. - Another 43mm overnight and lunchtime 13 deg.

as for lockdown extension , this is a good link to follow
https://www.ekathimerini.com/259854/article/ekathimerini/news/greece-extends-lockdown-again-to-december-14-as-viral-load-persists

Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9517 on: December 07, 2020, 05:47:47 PM »
Weather here has not been good at all. - An overnight downpour added a 25mm to the guage. Tis a cold 13 deg and, even enjoying a nice 23deg inside, does not take away the boredom of the day.
 - I have been thinking of giving all our cats a perm. -
Curly cats with Shirley Temple like ringlets....very pretty. - They'll scratch me eyes out!!!

I see the bench had gone, from the jetty. Either that or it has been covered with a very large mask!

I have heard that lockdown here has been extended until first week in January. A big bummer, but we must understand that Corfu Hospitals, even as efficient as they are , cannot cope with a heavy influx of cases.
(Only 1 case reported yesterday but tis better to be safe than regret it later)

We live here and we will adhere to the rules as all Greek locals do. - We will keep busy.
and ..... If I can catch one of our cat's napping.... Look out Shirley Temple!!

Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9518 on: December 16, 2020, 01:41:51 PM »
Our second dry day , today , so strimming on the cards for avrio.
Very difficult to work up any motivation and I am sure that does not apply just to me!
(Very pleased the World Darts Championship has started - Poor Wegg!!)

16deg outside, at 1pm , but still feels a tad chilly.
Wegg, with a short time off for good behaviour, went out to the recycle centre this morning. Quite a few people around having morning excercise in Arillas.
Stay well all.
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9519 on: December 22, 2020, 06:37:14 PM »
A very quiet Arillas, today. - A very quiet Kavadaddes today and most of Corfu.
But we all know quiet , do we not? (Maybe "quiet" , in this case , means bored/frustrated??)

Corfu lockdown is on a parr with you guys in the UK. (Smaller Island - less medical facilities etc)
We all struggle on and keep us, and those close to us, safe.

Our lockdown here is until 7th January which eliminates Epithany celebrations.
(Guess we will have to stay home and get "PITHED")

Some good new is that Kostas on Beach is available for takeaways from Jan 2nd. We have already used the Arillas Pizzeria (Good t'was too) and a take-away Bifteki , from Mon Amour , went down a treat.

I need some news , from you guys , as I presume panic buying will happen soon. How are y'all coping?
Our restrictions , here , are religiously enforced and with fines of 300e for breaking them.
But.......no panic at Supermarkets and full shelves, and ... possibly too complacent??
Time will tell.
Stay well
Negg

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9520 on: December 22, 2020, 11:23:48 PM »
Rain, rain and more rain here!!!
We are in tier 3, although our closest hospital is in tier 2, don’t really understand that logic! Paid a visit to our largish Tesco today (other supermarkets are available!) long queue to get into store but once in supplies were good, packs of loo rolls limited to 1 per customer (still don’t understand why panic buy loo rolls!) but got everything else on my list....wine, chocolate....the usual essentials!!!
Happy Christmas everyone x

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9521 on: December 23, 2020, 12:50:10 AM »
I think everyone over here and I’m sure in a Corfu is totally and utterly fed up with this damn virus now.

Just when we get a glimmer of hope with the vaccine then we hear about this new highly contagious strain and it looks like we are back to square one.

I’m not bothered about pubs opening (although I do obviously feel for the poor people who have lost their livelihoods) I just want to be able to freely hug my sons and family and get back to doing those simple things that we took for granted. Life is utterly rubbish at the moment.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #9522 on: December 23, 2020, 01:36:39 PM »
Hi Jo
Totally agree , it just makes you feel like throwing in the towel !
Just been to a funeral too . Glad its my youngest daughters 8th birthday today to at least give us something to smile about .
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9523 on: December 23, 2020, 01:43:27 PM »
Thanks Guys,
Good to hear from y'all.
17 deg here, at lunchtime. - Sadly my motivation is wilting to get outside and catch up on gardening.
(All work and no play............. and I was a dull bugger before!!)
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9524 on: December 24, 2020, 05:47:33 PM »
Christmas Eve and a big celebration going on , all around Corfu.
Goats , Turkeys , Pigs , Geese and any other meat/poultry you can think of.
Many of the above will , at least see Jan 1st. (Apart from our frozen Turkey , that is!!)

As a special treat , for me , tomorrow morning, I might spray the Punto ( I will wear a mask , of course )

The evening sits at a nice 15deg outside which is much better than what the TV has to offer.
Where's our Favourite Xmas movies.
The Great Escape has escaped and Guns of Naverone have blown up. But Ben Hur is back on his Chariot!!
(Good job we have Captain NIMNO! - Did I spell that right? - Nimno sounds better!)

Anyway.... a drambuie and ginger wine beckons so bugger the nice-eties.
Cheers Guys
Negg

Booking.com