Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3102418 times)

riggers

Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #630 on: December 30, 2007, 09:56:35 PM »
It looks a nice day in Arillas Eggy. The weather here has got colder as the day went on (freezing at the football match), got a 0-0 with Liverpool.
I hope Dimitris keeps the Spit roast Lamb as the Special.
Not long now and we will be all coming, trying to drag you away from Wendy for a session in the coconut.

Riggers..

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #631 on: December 31, 2007, 04:43:56 PM »
Hi Riggers, Eggy dosent take much dragging when there's ouzo about, havent you heard about the three legged donkey and the carrot. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #632 on: December 31, 2007, 05:42:17 PM »
Spot on viv - Eggy only has two legs but they're both hollow!

Good job I won't have any tyres to be let down in July!!!

best wishes
phil

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #633 on: December 31, 2007, 07:09:57 PM »
Looking forward to May onwards Folks. I just hope I have some time left over to show people round land / property for sale.
I must make a priority list. - New years resolution coming up !!!.

Coconut first - Beach second. - Sell land third -  I hope I can stick to it.

It's been a very good "New Years Eve" day here. 10/11 deg and, after a cold start to the morning ,brightened up well.
( Our first morning that we found ice on the car windscreen !! )

New Years eve here seems to be taken much more seriously than Christmas day.
Very busy in the supermarkets with a very big selection of pastries and very large cakes.
Instead of Merry Xmas in the icing we have "Kronia Pola" (Many years-Happy New year)
Many groups of children walking around, each with a triangle. They visit houses sing a song and you give them some cash which goes to a local charity.
(Like Carol singing but extended to New Years Eve)
And I guess that's about it. Arillas never disappoints whatever time of day we visit and photos of the beach, again ,may be a little repetitive.

Latest news is the Hotel Thetis. They are currently extending their seating area and making a new raised decking area where you can overlook the pool. It's taking shape and beginning to look good. Had an Ouzo with Spiros there yesterday with whom we hired a car for our visitors Fran & Tim. £21 a day. - Not bad I think.
( Worth bearing in mind for any "Winter visitors" )

KRONIA POLA to all you nice people out there !!!
Negg & Wegg

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #634 on: December 31, 2007, 09:43:47 PM »
KRONIA POLA
Everyone

PJ

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline Yvonne

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #635 on: December 31, 2007, 10:41:28 PM »
At the risk of posting in the wrong thread..... (i don't often post but must read every day) i would like to wish, firstly Negg & Wegg all the very best in 2008 and to say how great it is to log on each day and to have someone on the "inside" to keep us up to date with the life in Arillas.
Negg your daily reports are fantastic and Wegg keep up the great work with the camera

My best wishes to everyone on this site, its nice to have one thing in common with a lot of people the love of Arillas and its so friendly people.

Dimitris our connection wouldn't be possible with out your wonderful site Good Wishes to you Litsa and Bebis in the New Year.

Best regards to everyone
Yvonne x

Love to talk to people who have enjoyed Arillas as much as i have.  :-)

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #636 on: January 01, 2008, 12:12:49 AM »
Hapy New Year to all the nice people of Arillas, may 2008 bring you happiness, health and every thing you deserve for making Arillas a very special place.
Ang

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #637 on: January 01, 2008, 02:51:25 PM »
I guess Eggy's Arillas Today is the perfect thread to post New Year wishes to all forum members - I bet each and every one of us will spare a thought or two for  Arillas and its amazing people today.

This is what Jen and I look at every time we turn on the computer

Says it better than I can.

Anyway - Happy New Year to everyone on the forum and the people of Arillas

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #638 on: January 01, 2008, 04:42:24 PM »
Yes, a very Happy New Year to one and all. Viv, I agree, try everything. The only thing I cannot abide is mustard. Can`t even touch it. Back to the Patsa, is it an aphrodisiac?!? All the best for a good 2008 everyone. xx
Lindypops.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #639 on: January 01, 2008, 05:55:47 PM »
Thanks Yvonne,

And another very big thank you to all for the best wishes we've received.

Hope none of you had one of those hangovers this morning.

I think the driver of this vehicle must have taken a wrong turn last night or fell asleep in the van and had a shock when he/she woke up this morning.

Picture taken by Wegg on Agious Stephanos beach.

( Who also clicked this one on a walk to the Harbour. )

Never got to Arillas today but, apart from an early afternoon small shower, it's been a very pleasant day indeed. - A good start to 2008.

Kronia Pola yia Olla.
Negg

Offline Kresten Nielsen

« Reply #640 on: January 02, 2008, 12:45:06 PM »
Hej ... My wife og me have just booked a holiday in Arillas in july 2008, og  wee look forward to visit your island og speciel your village og the nature surrounding

kind regards Edith and Kresten

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #641 on: January 02, 2008, 01:24:46 PM »
Edith and Kresten

You will be made very welcome by all the people of Arillas and all the lovely Villages that surround it.
I am sure you will have a very good time.
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #642 on: January 02, 2008, 03:57:30 PM »
Lazy day for me today folks.
It's 4 pm here now and the temp is still struggling to reach 8 deg. A lot of places closed today, including my favourite "woodshed" at Velonades.
No wood means no work outside - Shame!!
Half a pergola is better than no pergola at all I spose.

Fran & Tim have just gone round to visit Dimitris, Litsa and Babe and if they take a pic or two of Arillas, when they are there, I'll pop em on.

Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #643 on: January 04, 2008, 05:56:25 PM »
Partly Arillas today and partly musing here.

No matter what country we live in, we just can't get away from those horrible chores like paying bills and shopping. As I hate paying bills I need something to ease the pain slightly.

So, about 11:30 this morning I set off for Avliotes Post Office to pay the Telephone Bill.

Stop at the Kavvadades garage to order some heating oil, more expense, but have a nice chat with owner and once again take in the longshot view of the snow capped Albanian mountains.

Stop in Sidari, for supermarket, bump into neighbour Miltos and have a nice chat.

Drive through Sidari and have a good ole gander at a very quiet beach and then move on to Avliotes. Hustle and bustle in Avliotes. It seemed like every one was building something. A very active and friendly village.
Paid bill and then point car to Arillas via San Stephanos.
Drive down into Stephanos very slowly taking in those wonderful views of the beach from a high vantage point.
And then on my way to Arilllas. Once again beautiful views from the top of the hill.
Pain of paying telephone bill taken away at this point.

Now Arillas today.
A deserted beach apart from one guy fishing on the pier. The only activity going on was the 3rd floor extension on Marina. Must get another pic of it soon.
7 deg and quiet and not to chilly - How nice is that.?

Then... On my way to Night Owl Afionas to see Linda and Nick - Nuff said.
Then... Back home to Kavvadades via Kafenio Fakiolas where I picked up a few more Xmas cards, one took 3 weeks to get here, and had a very good greek coffee and Ouzo.
Drove home very slowly from there as the views of those Albanian mountains were still looking good.

So, shopping done, Oil ordered, bill paid and visited so many places saw so many different spectacular views in such a short space of time. And met some good people.
( And I was only gone from the house for 95 minutes )

We should all  pay our bills like this. Better than standing orders/Direct debits.

Cheers
Negg
ps - If you're feeling jealous just to make you feel better.
**** Heating OIl has gone up in price again and is now 54p a litre. ****

Offline Baldy Barry

• Forum Fanatic
    • myspace.com
« Reply #644 on: January 04, 2008, 06:43:04 PM »
Sound's like a perfect day Eggy !
Hope I don't burn !

Booking.com