Author Topic: Arillas Today  (Read 3102249 times)

Offline Ang

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Re: Arillas Today
« Reply #315 on: October 22, 2007, 09:47:27 PM »
Negg,whilst the season may have come to a close! that does not mean that you have to hibernate,there are some of us that have visited and will continue to visit and post through out the year on this forum and you will make it all the more reason, as you did yourself lets not forget.
This forum is for people who have enjoyed and will continue to enjoy Arillas, be that through winter,spring summer or fall we are all here because we either can and or want to be,so it dont have to be holidays and high days for me to visit this forum, I just enjoy it for what it is and hope that we members continue to support our host who provides us with this little bit of paradise.
Ang

riggers

« Reply #316 on: October 22, 2007, 09:54:02 PM »
well said ang. eggy we need you, your'e the star of the show.

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #317 on: October 22, 2007, 11:37:32 PM »
Eggy,

I loved the photograph of the drive home, seeing the wet road and the low cloud. It looks like the stretch of road going up to the Paradise Taverna.

I have driven in heavy rain in Kefalonia and as it was after a long dry spell the roads were like a skating rink because of all the rubber. How safe do you feel driving in heavy rain in Corfu?

As we are on the subject of driving, I think this video may appeal to your sense of humour.

PS It didn't do the video clip because Weggy was driving today.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #318 on: October 23, 2007, 10:02:29 AM »
I may have to change the post to "Arillas/Kavvadades Today" but don't worry, we won't be hibernating here. - There is a need to get out for that fresh air. Maybe a walk or two.

Thanks all for the support - How can I let you all down??

Terry
Good Video clip, Had to play it a couple of times and still chuckling. Tempted to do that on the drive into Corfu Town.

11 deg here at 9 am and a very fresh morning it is to.

Cheers All
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #319 on: October 23, 2007, 07:06:35 PM »
I'm told there are about 70 people on holiday this week in Arillas but I don't know where they are.

That said I bumped into a couple at the Horizon this afternoon.The lady recognised me from about 5 years ago. A little chat ensued and her and hubby love it here. They are not sun worshippers, just look foreward to this time of year to unwind and chill out.
Taliking of Horizon. Marinos wishes all past and present customers a "Kala Himona"
( Good Winter )

I met another Forum pair in Coconut. Phil and Lyn. They are usually over around July but this year came back, as well, for an end of season week to take in the calm and quiet of the place. They tell me they are not dissapointed.  HOW CAN THEY BE !!!!

Temp came in about 14 deg this afternoon but I didn't feel cold at all. Obviously neither did the guy I saw wandering around, quite happily, in "shorts & T-shirt" 
(Maybe he was stuck in a time warp - Who cares -  He seemed at peace with it all )
It rained a twinge later on and we may get a bit more later.
3 inches of rain in the last 36 hours so "Proffessor Wegg" tells me.
We look on the bright side. For a start we don't have to water the garden today.
Cheers
Negg

riggers

« Reply #320 on: October 23, 2007, 07:28:40 PM »
a very well laid out post neil, and i am glad the rain is saving you some work in the garden.......riggers...

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #321 on: October 24, 2007, 07:25:55 PM »
The 24th of October and 18 degrees.
And just to prove that the beach is still earning it's keep:-

Not a good picture but you can see people taking it easy. You may have to squint a bit You can't see the lad splashing about, very happily, in the sea. ( Sorry )
When the clouds decided to let the sun out it was warm indeed. Warm enough that Wegg & I sat on Pedros pedalo racking and took it easy for a while.
( No Coconut today - Sorry Costas )

So where is everybody in the next picture???

Well, I felt a bit like a secret agent this afternoon as I took a little walk up and down, as yer do, secretly doing a head count. I found 38 bodies, well not literally.
It was 2:45 and people seemed to be enjoying that long late lunch in Marina etc.
I didn't get to Brouklis but, judging from the other day Dimitris/Noufris were still keeping busy.

We did Mon Amour last night and good it was too. The only "Tourists" in there but made very welcome. Slightly embarrassing as the waiter bought over a carafe of Red Wine and said " This is from Spiros " Unfortunatly there were 2 Spiros I knew sat at the tables nearest the TV.
Who to say thank you to? -  Do I say to the waiter -  " Which one?"
So the only option was a loud  "Yammas" to both.
Was I too loud? - Did I do the right thing? - Learning all the time.
Cheers all
Negg

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #322 on: October 24, 2007, 10:51:13 PM »
Thanks again for another excellent post Eggy, and the photos made it extra special. You are like a modern day Alistair Cook.

You do realise though that Maggie will be drooling over one of the photos.

TerryW

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #323 on: October 24, 2007, 11:44:12 PM »
Eggy, lovely picture,phew. Keep reports ongoing, and maybe think of left luggage as a bit of a sideline! We leave, you keep, tiil peeps return, and you report on things etc. Letter in post. Bfn.
Lindypops.

Offline Dave n Anne

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #324 on: October 25, 2007, 12:36:48 AM »
Pictures are great Eggy , keep us sad and cold people informed .

Yammas

Dave n Anne

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #325 on: October 25, 2007, 12:38:55 AM »
Eggy, have you gone to bobees?
Lindypops.

Offline keefy

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #326 on: October 25, 2007, 03:30:35 PM »
Just a quick question to you Eggy. I am off to a Halloween party this week end (feel the hang over now) does anyone celebrate halloween over in Arillas if so how do they celebrate it do they dress up go parties etc...etc are there any witches or warlocks over there

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #327 on: October 25, 2007, 03:51:33 PM »
I have found one witch on the forum.

Offline Mango

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #328 on: October 25, 2007, 04:26:44 PM »
Now! Now!
TerryW

Mango

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #329 on: October 25, 2007, 05:55:51 PM »
Great piccies Eggy, keep em coming, we love the updates over here!

Booking.com