Author Topic: ANOTHER FIRST TIMER!  (Read 2934 times)

Offline Manda

ANOTHER FIRST TIMER!
« on: July 04, 2007, 10:41:52 PM »
Hi all, well i've scoured this site and spent hours on t'internet looking for info on the Elena-Stella apartments. I've found one snippet by an Arillas.com member, and its worried me a tad! I'm fleeing the rainswept shores of Blighty for 2 weeks of sun,sea and sheer bliss this month to the much raved about Arillas. My aunt,uncle,mum,dad and many others of my arillas-addicted family have finally tore me from my much loved Turgurtreis in Turkey! So much so that we're all meeting up on 23rd July just to make sure I have a good time!
Back to my worry of the Elena-Stella - i read that it was more of a couples place and pretty much child-free ( I have 2 rugrats in tow, 11 and 9) , unlike its sister hotel the Thetis Palace; can anyone clarify this please? A bit stable door after the horse has well n truly fled, as its all booked and we only have 19 sleeps to go! My jolly lot have never used the E-S, they tend to stay beach front, but inform me that E-S aparts look very nice.  I do know that its a bit uphill,hubby and the kids can always carry me, but word of mouth is always far better than pretty pictures in brochure or on t'internet. Be honest,be blunt - i've got big shoulders,so can handle any negative stuff. Although from what i've read and heard of Arillas, we won't be disappointed. My aunt n uncle have been visiting for 10 years now, so that speaks for itself really.  Hopefully somebody out there has some info. Thanks a million

PS. Dimitris, i emailed you as i had problems logging on,but obviously all sorted now. Thanks

Offline Hels Bels

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: ANOTHER FIRST TIMER!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 10:44:40 AM »
Hi Manda,

I'm afraid I can't comment on your accomodation, but I'm sure you'll find all of Arillas a child friendly place, so don't worry and enjoy your break!

Yammas

Helen

Offline Cheryl2307

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 12:06:31 PM »
Hi Manda,

Although we did not stay at the apartments, we did use the pool for a couple of hours once or twice.  It's in a lovely setting, really peaceful and when we were there last July, it was very quiet - me and my two little uns (18 and 15 now!) had the place almost to ourselves.   There was another family using the pool and they had a couple of children so I don't think you need to worry about it being a couples place.  Have not eaten (just bought drinks) there cos whenever we walked past it was empty to be honest (think its because its not really on the main road and people could miss it - you did ask for blunt honesty) but I would be happy going to stay there for two weeks, you are about a ten minute (done slowly) walk from the beach, tavernas etc and very near to the bakery and supermarket!

Let us know what you think when you get back and remember you and your kids will be made welcome everywhere in Arillas - have fun!
Cheryl O

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 12:46:52 PM »
Manda
We've stayed at Eleni-Stella 4 weeks every year for the last 6 years. It's generally booked by couples or groups of "Older Germans". It is a very quiet place during the day as most people are off sightseeing and you can get the pool to yourselves as we did on many occassions. There were times,during the day, it was so quiet that Olga didn't open the bar. She was quite happy if we supplied our own drinks. Basically she left us to it.
Don't let any of this put you off as we have seen children there. But not many.
They are welcome anywhere in Arillas.
The appartments are basic but I believe Olgas prices reflect that very well. For us all we needed were beds, hot water, a kettle and very basic cooking facilities as we ate out most of the time. The towels and sheets are regulary changed with the cleaner sometimes in our rooms more than us.
We know Olga very well and she has currently set up a new office "Olgas Travel" which is now independant of the "Thetis"
She has plans to upgrade Eleni-Stella next year. So I think this could be the last year it will be quiet. - Shame for us oldies but good for business.
I will be seeing her in the next couple of days and I'll find out what rooms she has given you. I'll let you know by a personal message.
Regards
Negg

Offline Fiona

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 03:28:03 PM »
Sounds as if you were very happy there Negg, quite a little gem!

I have to say that, whenever I have walked past, it has looked very quiet so it would seem ideal for children to use the pool during the day.  As you say, children are made welcome all over Arillas.

I know you will have a wonderful holiday Manda - it's only a gentle incline back from the beach/tavernas so don't worry too much!!
Fiona

Offline Manda

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 09:24:45 PM »
Well if we're made to feel as welcome in Arillas as on this site, it won't matter if we're sleeping with the goats!! Thank you so much for the information - I actually enjoy the quieter side of life on holiday (but not too quiet), so it will be a welcome change from the stress of balancing work and homelife. The only thing i'm worried about now is that we won't see much of the island coz we'll be so chilled out by the pool or beach! Hey ho, its a hard life innit!!!? Theres always next year, and the year after that, and the year after that, and the year after blah blah blah..............for sightseeing!! I'll let you know how much we enjoyed ourselves on our return. My aunt and uncle are actually renewing their wedding vows in Arillas during our stay,after 25 years of love and laughter, and 2 gorgeous daughters later, so whatever life chucks at us, we'll have a fab time. 

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 10:55:30 AM »
Hi Manda

How romantic renewing their vows.  I hope you all have a wonderful time.

Shuey

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007, 11:44:29 AM »
Aah thats really nice, i hope you all have a great time!!

Booking.com